Bring back DC punishment pls.

Options

The only people who says not to bring it back are only toxic people who like making others miserable.

Also the excuse I don't like "killer or this map" isn't a reason to DC the game is meant to be random from the start with killers and map. With offerings helping to tilt the game in your favor.

Comments

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629
    Options

As long as RPD is still in map rotation & unoptimised I’d say no to that.

• Leon_Loves_Cheryl
    Leon_Loves_Cheryl Member Posts: 41
    Options

Here's my thoughts about the DC penalty.

As survivor:

___

DC with 4 survivors still alive = 5 min timer

DC with 3 survivors or less = 3 min timer

If two survivors DC'd, then the other two survivors will not suffer a DC penalty.

As killer, you will never suffer a DC timer but will still receive the pip penalty and the MMR penalty when it is implemented.

• Spykitty358
    Spykitty358 Member Posts: 51
    Options

I don't DC in games however i do hate people who do, especially when I'm trying to get a challenge done for a friend. The only time i DC'd was to give my friend the hatch so they can finally complete their adept challenge. And it literally felt like i ripped my soul out when i did it. I may not have had the penalty, but my moral felt shattered but also glad they finally got their achievement.

However what i really want to see if BHVR add an icon that shows a player who DC'd by choice (pause and exited the game) VS someone who lost connection or crashed. I couldn't count how many times my internet crapped out mid match and i lost connection, i constantly had to tell my friend who i was DUO'd with to tell the game my internet crapped out and i did not DC. And i know this sort of mechanic is possible since source games like TF2 have a notice saying

(Player left):Disconnected by user

(meaning they left by pausing and leaving)

or

(Player left): Timed Out

(meaning they lost connection or crashed)

That's mostly what i want to see added to the game in regards to players leaving, i want to know who lost connection and who rage quits. Because honestly i don't think a DC penalty will really stop toxic survivors or killers from DC'ing in a future game. Also i think the DC penalty doesn't exist do to Switch players.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,628
    Options

I don't want it back yet because the game still crashes a ton on current-gen Consoles.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

There is still no way to differentiate between a time-out/crash and the person unplugging their router. Only serversided disconnects would be discernable.

• socalfusions
    socalfusions Member Posts: 123
    Options

But what will I do when a Bubba throws me on a hook and has a staring contest with me? Just sit their and lose the game?

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,999
    Options

It was back like 2 days ago, did they disable it again?

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
    Options

Honestly should just pair quitters with other quitters, and label them as so. I dont quit, I dont want others to quit. I just want to play the game and have fun, if people are going to be selfish and ruin it for others keep them paired together and see how they like people dcing on them constantly

• truegod_10
    truegod_10 Member Posts: 393
    Options

How many people are going to go through the trouble of unplugging the router if you get the ban anyway? I think knowing how/why people are dcing is useless to the players but could be valuable info for the devs.

Yes, due to all the issues still in the game. It was only on for a very short time.

• truegod_10
    truegod_10 Member Posts: 393
    Options

I have made this point in other posts but the dc penalty needs to stay off until the game is stable for everyone on all platforms. If you dont like it having to be turned off and it impacting your games then stay on the devs to optimize and test their games for all platforms (even if most issues arent affecting yours). If not, these issues will continue to get worse and more frequent and then we end up with the situation we have now where everyone is affected.

You can hold the devs accountable verbally by complaining, but more realistically through your wallet and restricting purchases.