Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Do you have a “feel good” perk that you have a hard time taking off?

GannTM
GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

For the record, when I mean “feel good,” I don’t mean meta perks like Ruin or Dead Hard. I mean perks that are kind of like an addiction that mainly are there for QoL.

For me, it’s Iron Maiden on Huntress. I think I’ve gotten used to the fast reload speed so much that if I take this perk off, I will miss the perk so much. I can take off Ruin, I’m All Ears, Whispers, BBQ, Corrupt, Nurse’s or any other perk I usually run on Huntress and be just fine but taking off Iron Maiden would feel absolutely terrible.

So what are your perks that you have become addicted to and will have a hard time taking off?

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,967

Quick and quiet

• GannTM
  • GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452

Sometimes I get upset af at the horrible killer FOV and go into a Shadowborn trend where I run it on every killer for almost a week. Just had one of those recently.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,522

Brutal Strength.

• GannTM

Shadowborn seems to be the epitome of an addiction perk. Not interesting too much in running it tbh.

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

Windows of opportunity. Can't queue up without it.

• GannTM

I don’t run that perk that much. I’ve only ran it when I went for adept Trapper.

• ast2astRegMgr
    ast2astRegMgr Member Posts: 124

Spine chill

• GannTM

WoO is actually pretty underrated especially in solo queue.

• GannTM

I used to run this perk a lot when I was new but not so much anymore.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

Devour Hope.

• ast2astRegMgr
    ast2astRegMgr Member Posts: 124

I probably have close to 2k hours but still love spine chill

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,522

I always use it. Without it, everything feels...slow.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,967

Very useful on loops with high walls there's been plenty of times where I'm playing around a dropped pallet killer thinks I'm standing there but really I'm running away because of quick and quiet

• GHERBEARRULES
    GHERBEARRULES Member Posts: 265

Not hard to take off...but

B l o o d W a r d e n : )

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246

Spine Chill and Resilience

• Bluebird
    Bluebird Member Posts: 297

All of Cheryl's perks. I have to have at least one on my character at all times.

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 700

Spies or Unrelenting as a Killer. Spies helps me find so many Survivors because no one ever preps for it, and Unrelenting, well, I don't pretend to be perfect. I have whiffed plenty of shots, and will whiff plenty more, amd when I do have the perk on it certainly helps.

Survivor wise I don't feel right if I'm not running my Windows + Lithe.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

Alert too much great information I feel blind without it.

• Sweet_Susie
    Sweet_Susie Member Posts: 27

STBFL, I just can't stop using it...

The survivors call me crazy, but I don't care they're all dead...

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

Soul Guard when I'm playing my main survivor. It's not even for the unbreakable. If you've ever recovered to full and been picked up by a survivor just to be slapped down again a second later you know darn well why I like this perk so much.

• CluelessWanderer
    CluelessWanderer Member Posts: 939
    edited July 2021

Inner Strength. I love me my 8 second locker heal. I swap it out for a meta perk if I have a med kit, but I always like having a way to heal since in Solo Q there is no depending on other survivors for it lol

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

Spine Chill :) It lets me listen to music while I play without reducing awareness too much. It's also great for playing while intoxicated haha.

• TerrorUnleashed
    TerrorUnleashed Member Posts: 497

Monitor & Abuse and/or Sloppy Butcher.

I don't know. I main Doctor.

• Spykitty358
    Spykitty358 Member Posts: 51

I've been running flashbang on at least one slot since the RE chapter came out, but if i had to say a "feel good" perk i have a hard time taking off has been Fixated lately, I've been having a lot of escaped by simply faking my trails and walking another way. Been doing that for so long i removed it in favour of another perk and realized "ah crap, i ain't moving fast this time around" or "I forgot i can't see my Scratch marks now"

But my biggest issue is removing perks i would have been able to use during the trial. Like if i remove unbreakable i get slugged in the very next game. Although i hadn't run unbreakable in a long time (or any of the Metas for that matter)

But Yea Fixated and Flashbang are perks I've been having fun with, sometimes i feel like removing Flashbang because some games i get chased so much i can never do a gen to get one. So sometimes i want to swap it out but i just don't see myself doing it because i always think of the opportunity to have fun with it. Be it to win a chase or my favourite, save a survivor in the killer's grasp. But Bite the Bullet is also a perk i don't like to remove but i will if i want to use another perk. Silent healing of friends is a good thing to have.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Survivor I cannot play without bond, if I take it off then I feel horrible during the match.

Killer...... I think stbfl as I use it on almost anyone with a few exceptions ofc, maybe whispers as well.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140

Empathy. I feel blind without it.

On all my killers, I run Lightborn, BBQ, Beast of Prey, and Distressing, and I hate taking off any of those perks, I love that build and have been using it for a long time now, but at this point the perk I'm most attached to is Lightborn. I need my Lightborn, I feel anxious starting up a match without it.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,951

BBQ and Spine Chill.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

Oh definitely.

Plunderer + Ace in the Hole + Appraisal

I get an endorphin rush seeing what I'm going to fish out of the next six chests. It's like playing a Gacha game each match, except I'm not wasting money on in-app purchases.

• TheOhioHutcH
    TheOhioHutcH Member Posts: 178

For Survivor for me it would have to be kindred. I feel so naked with out it. As for killer agitation always feels good to get to that hook.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

Kindred is losing a lot of its steam in the current meta. Too many Wraith players.

• Corrupt intervention

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    edited July 2021

Prob Brutal Strength at most for me. I know it's not THAT great, but I'll run it on literally any killer like 60% of the time.

It just feels nice to be faster, and gens are like butter

• TheOhioHutcH
    TheOhioHutcH Member Posts: 178

True but its still nice to see all your team mates to know what they are up too acrossed the map. And also lets you know not to waste your time going for the save if someone else is already on the way.

And even just a general direction the Killer is going helps me a lot. Because you can still see the wraith just before he cloaks.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,331

DS :)

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,096

Spine Chill.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

Resilience. It makes me feel better when I'm injured. I don't know if it saves that much time, but I see no other benefit to stay injured.

(I know there is DH for injured plays, but it's super inconsistent to me, while Resilience is activated no matter what as soon as you're injured.)

Iron Maiden as Huntress. Reloading faster is addicting.

• Tricksters_30thBlade
    Tricksters_30thBlade Member Posts: 105

Mind breaker and power struggle i love them too much

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,263

Kindred and Borrowed Time.

Kindred helps me a lot with information, without it i need to rely on my instincts.

Usually when i take Borrowed Time off, my teammates are getting tunneled.

I noticed that every time i unequip something, i will always regret not using it in the next game. because there will always be something that i could use to counter it.

For example unequiping Iron Will - next game is Spirit.

Not getting tunneled for 2 games unequiping DS - next game getting tunneled.

I will use a medkit without Self care - the killer has Franklin's.

No Spine Chill this time - stealthy killer is watching from a far.

So yeah, i need to think twice before unequiping something =)

• Deferlo
    Deferlo Member Posts: 131

Blastmine, my current record is blinding the killer 4 times in 1 match.

• Mendax
    Mendax Member Posts: 130

BBQ and Iron Will

• ZonkyWizard
    ZonkyWizard Member Posts: 568

Iron Will or Decisive Strike.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

Its kinda strong but Devour, if I have a spare perk slot I dont need for anything else I will throw devour in, its just a really fun perk when it works.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    edited July 2021

You stole my answer friend.

I too love Iron Maiden on huntress and trickster and won't remove them. STBL is something that is hard for me to turn down but can be considered Meta.

So to try and give a 3rd option that wasn't already mentioned I'll say Monitor. Been running this perk forever it feels like on my Pig, Mike, Bubba, and more. Been thinking of removing it on Pig because I have a unique style with her and feel I don't necessarily need it.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    edited July 2021

IDK seems like a built in toolbox to me. I also always have this perk on a survivor if I have it. I work my builds around Resilience (IW, DH, Fast track, FTP). FTP so I can insta heal a teammate and injure myself for resilience. Backfires sometimes as the teammate I healed will chase me not understanding why they can't heal me.....Rough Life sometimes. Oh and DH was obviously based on if Xbox is working, Right now it ain't so that is swapped for SC.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Barbecue & Chili.

Double BP is a very big QoL, but still QoL.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,934

Corrupt, Barbecue, Shadowborn.

I use those 3 Perks on almost every single Killer even though I don't need them. I could play without Shadowborn and instead pick something else, BBQ was mainly for points but since I don't really need to much points anymore I could technically dip it. And Corrupt on Killers like Blight and Billy is quite unnecessary but I still use it for consistency.

• Xaggy
    Xaggy Member Posts: 330

Self-Care

• Itslat3ncy
    Itslat3ncy Member Posts: 353

Spine chill. Got so use to running the vault build I literally cant take spine chill off without feeling a little bit on edge that a stealth killer sneaks up to me

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

for lolz I've been playing Huntress recently with just 2 perks, Enduring and Iron Maiden. Enduring is super fun if you can hit someone with a throwing axe as they try and blind you post pallet stun