I'm tired of people complaining about RCPD

Options

Seriously it's one map in a game with so many maps. The most common excuse I hear about it is "Oh it doesn't suit the game" or "it's not good gameplay wise" etc. I'm glad they agree it's a beautiful map at least...

The fact that people dc when they get it as well just proves to me the entitlement of players on this game. Seriously enough is enough. You don't get it all the time, it's on a rotation with different maps and the offering for it is disabled ffs... seriously this community drives me insane at how entitled and childish it can be.

Sorry just had to have a little rant about it lol.

Comments

• CoolConnor96
    CoolConnor96 Member Posts: 164
    Options

OF course they are. Not all maps are great for certain killers. That I'm not denying. It's the people constantly complaining about certain maps like RCPD

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    Options

I’m over people complaining about anything anymore, really... it’s all silly negativity.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,784
    Options

Complaining about it is more than fine, there are some problems with the map so complaining is probably needed, however dcing just because you got the map is a step too far.

• Davidex93
    Davidex93 Member Posts: 63
    edited July 2021
    Options

For me RCPD map is a beautiful and cutie map, even if it is a bad map for good variant of killers..

Maybe the only thing that doesn't suit with this map is that randomly opened zone without nothing toward the RCPD and only far houses added randomly.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,992
    edited July 2021
    Options

The fact that "it doesn't fit with the rest of the maps" is entirely a good thing. We need more variety.

Just as with any of the indoor maps, it's going to take time to learn the layout and find your way around. I used to get so lost in Lerys and Hawkins, but now they're two of my favourite maps to play on.

It's still going to have it's issues like any map. Haddonfield has the god house loop, The Game has it's god pallets, Coldwind blinds you, etc. RPD is a big map, there's no getting around that, but that fact doesn't favour either survivor or any particular killer all that much. In fact the killers that are usually hindered by the larger maps (M1 killers mainly) will likely have less trouble on RPD due to all of the LOS blockers and the three levels that obscure your exact location. Much easier to catch survivors unaware.

Meanwhile loading into Coldwind or Shelter Woods as Doctor is hell for me. Different maps suit different killers.

• CoolConnor96
    Options

There is nothing wrong with opinions. Opinions are like #########, everyone's get them. And yeah technically I am complaining about people complaining with makes me complain. (Try saying that really fast) but I'm just sick and tired of this community's entitlement and childish behaviour. I gotta let off some steam here and there

• CoolConnor96
    Options

Exactly!! Dbd needs some good variety of maps to make it more interesting. This is the thing these people that complain about maps like RCPD don't realise that they basically just want the same old boring map styles and loops.

• CoolConnor96
    Options

It's ONE map in a game with so many maps. Like i said previously you don't get it often. Dbd needs a good variety of maps otherwise it will get stale really fast

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,992
    Options

Honestly, I'd be all for the map getting two variants, one with the east wing blocked off, and one with the west wing blocked off.

But claiming that it "doesn't work in DBD" is a baseless claim. It's not like other maps, that doesn't mean it's wrong for the game, its something new, and it does work, because I've succeeded on this map as both killer and survivor, so there's nothing 'broken' about it or it's implementation in the game.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

Well yea, obviously it works because you can load into it and play, and one side will win, that definitely mean it just works.

• Seanzu
    Options

But it's also Midwich, and Haddonfield and RCPD, all maps I can spawn with a single offering that'll likely make one side miserable for playing on.

• CoolConnor96
    Options

The offering for RCPD has been disabled at the moment...

As for the other maps yeah some people will use them for easy wins. That's just dbd.

• CoolConnor96
    Options

Same could be said for The game, Haddonfield, Midwich but hey I guess they are fine and RCPD isn't

• Seanzu
    Options

You're acting like it's going to be disabled forever?

It'll more than likely be enabled pretty soon after the patch.

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 884
    edited July 2021
    Options

You've probably also won against every killer at least 1 time and you've also won on every other map on both sides at least 1 time. Doesn't mean anything. It's new and no one knows how to abuse things yet. Most things people complain about on this forum (Spirit etc) don't have 100% win rate. I've won on both sides too and i still don't like this map. Maybe it will change after playing for the 100th time on it i don't know, i just know that i didnt complain about Midwich much, which is one of the most hated maps. And i'm a very big fan of the setting but gameplay wise it's just not fun.

• CoolConnor96
    Options

More than likely will be enabled after this patch. Which I'm happy about as I'll finally get to try it and get used to it.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,981
    edited July 2021
    Options

If you like the map then that's fine, you're entitled to your own opinions. I personally dislike the map but like its visuals.

Here's my take: I'm genuinely tired of indoor maps and was hoping to get a cool outdoor map that would be fun for mobility killers, but it's an absolute misery to play Billy and Blight on RPD as well as most non-stealth killers (they're not as bad as Billy and Blight in this case though). It encourages survivors to hold W more because of the maze-like design of it, not being able to see where the tiles are in an open area. I would say the complaints about the map are justified, but DCing to abandon your teammates just because of that map is selfish.

At least Midwich and even The Game is more friendly for the mobility killers.

• ZonkyWizard
    ZonkyWizard Member Posts: 568
    Options

Got this map recently, killer just out himself. I mean I get it, he was using Tricky and running 3 perks.

• legacycolt
    legacycolt Member Posts: 1,684
    Options

I really hope the offerings for RPD get re enabled today + DC penalty. I really want to learn the map but I can’t because people would just DC or directly give up.

• PanicSquid
    PanicSquid Member Posts: 655
    Options

RCPD is terrible from a gameplay perspective. Tight corridors, its labyrinth nature and multiple floors really make it a map thats hard to work with.

Finding gens can be terrible as a survivor, and there are essentially no lines of sight and being multiple floored it makes it difficult to know if the killer is about to be right behind you or on the floor above/below.

Mobility killers can't be mobile with the tight corridors and sharp turns.

Ranged killers are screwed by the sharp turns.

Stealth killers don't have many angles of approach, nor good lines of sight.

Trap killers are probably gods with how the corridors are shaped.

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052
    Options

As a fan, I adapted to the map instantly and know where to find everything much easier than any other map.

But I agree that it's not a good map for DBD and people who aren't as well-acquainted as me have a ton of trouble for good reason. RE maps are always built to be maze-like. Granted, this map is waaaaay more open than the old RPD design from the original games, but still.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
    Options

I wont dc, doesnt mean I think the map is good for the gameplay, the rng factors or even most killer powers. I'm just not a sore loser that quits over something, it's not like its going anywhere

• Name_Unavailable
    Name_Unavailable Member Posts: 519
    Options

I perfer play in this map rather than the swapms or yamaokas

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728
    Options

Me personally if I get this map I won't expect to win because the map is ######### and shouldn't be in DBD.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,001
    Options

Look we are making it obvious that RCPD is massive and a maze, and has instances where you hear a survivor or gen but can’t get to them

• DropdeadPiggy
    DropdeadPiggy Member Posts: 155
    Options

So long as I keep crashing mid Chase I'm going to keep bitching

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

You mean the map that was literally crashing everyone's game? Yeah, why would they complain about that....

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

It heavily favours survivors due to it's size alone. Give it four months and everyone will have the basic layout down and there will be absolutely nothing stopping those gens. It is without a doubt the most survivor-sided map this game has ever released. Even old Rotten Fields won't be able to compete with it.

Variety is good. Non-interaction is not, and that map is just non-interaction in map form. No mindgames, no plays, nothing. This game got it's longevity from the interactive gameplay, something that maps like RCPD and The Game absolutely destroy. It's little wonder they're so hated even by the side they favour.

• truegod_10
    truegod_10 Member Posts: 393
    Options

The main problem with the map is that it does suck for gameplay, but unlike a lot of other hated maps it isn't just bad for killers or survivors; it is bad for everyone for different reasons. This leaves a lot more people to complain about it.

While I personally think rcpd is better for survivors than haddonfield, the maze like qualities and indoor layout (as well as the fact that it so rare that learning gen spawns is nearly impossible unless you play customs all the time) all combine to make the map frustrating to play for survivors as well, while being impossible to fully patrol/chase on as killer.

It is far to big (with other issues for specific killers) for patrolling, and far too confusing for survivors. It needs to be broken up into 2 or 3 individual maps variants that allow you to explore different sections. I love the RE franchise but directly porting the map as is was an awful decision by the devs and people have a right to complain about that decision (same as you have the right to support it).

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

The map offerings are being put back into play today so

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options
  • TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

"As for the other maps yeah some people will use them for easy wins. That's just dbd."

That is an issue that should be mitigated IMO. This includes fixing problematic maps.

• BasementDweller
    BasementDweller Member Posts: 455
    Options

The fact that people dc when they get it as well just proves to me the entitlement of players on this game.

I guess not wanting to play on a map that makes me play DBD PowerPoint edition makes me entitled.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209
    Options

Its not just one map, its one more terrible map added to a growing list of maps I'd rather sit in a lobby then play on. It's not an entitlement problem its a BHVR map design problem that they'd manage to make so many terrible maps that people get so fed up with playing them.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

It will be just like Midwich, try to ignore for some time, people will still complain but it will be way less often.

• v4lor
    v4lor Member Posts: 74
    Options

Bad take, all of those maps are widely considered poorly balanced and awful to play on.

Game: run from room to room unable to see if anything is there.

Haddonfield: broken widow, broken window, infinite fence, house of pain

Midwich: hold w down corridors until you die. 110% killer? Sucks to be you, cuz it's gonna take half a generator at least to catch up to that survivor you see down the hall

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options

The map is complete garbage. If people dont complain things dont change

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,126
    Options

They should just stop making maps because all people do is complain about any map put in the game. It's always so bad for one side or another and nothing is ever good enough... This game is forever stuck in an endless loop of reworks with no end in sight.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

I feel like everyone just wants every map to be the same, it's the reason i hate outdoor maps so much, they are just a copy/paste of each other with a coat of paint over it.

• Satelit
    Satelit Member Posts: 1,377
    Options

The problem is that BHVR keeps repeating the same mistakes over and over,1 second they rework maps to be smaller and more fair and the other they add a map that's pretty much 2 Mother Dwelling's stacked on top of eachother.

• PalletsAndHooks
    PalletsAndHooks Member Posts: 989
    Options

Literally haven't seen that map in two weeks. Wish I could get the map for the achievement.

• AzazelDA
    AzazelDA Member Posts: 14
    Options

How is it being passionate about the game you play "childish" or "entitled"? Its an undeniably great looking map, but just a nightmare to play as both survivor and killer and shows they haven't learned anything from the past by making such a huge map that's also indoors. Gameplay should always be put first when designing a map.

They can make it as pretty or "true to the original" as they want if its frustrating to play then it doesn't matter and they failed at making this map enjoyable and honestly I always DC on this map when someone else DC's first because I wan't to have fun and this map is anything but that.