Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Wraith needs a nerf???

shanny_boi
shanny_boi Member Posts: 146
edited July 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Are survivors really that down bad to think wraith of all killers needs a nerf? Wraith is one of the most balanced and fun killers the way I see it.

I feel like survivors lose against these killers and think to themselves: "I can't possibly be the problem, so it must be the killer". Stop trying to nerf killers you have no idea how to play against. I've been playing wraith at red ranks today and I've lost several times to teams that knew what they were doing and were able to make use of tiles efficiently and make distance. I also 4k teams that couldn't loop as well, failed mind games, and were plain incompetent. Their red ranks are questionable.

And yes, I was using speed add-ons but I don't think they're broken because I've still been outplayed with them countless times and I do have to be cloaked to use them.

If you want to counter wraith, start running spine chill and sprint burst. Keep out of deadzones. Use your eyes and ears to detect him. SWF will be able to monitor him no problem. Start paying attention when you play the game.

Post edited by shanny_boi on

Comments

• shanny_boi

Well I'm trying to get people to click on the discussion lol so a controversial title is the best way to do it.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Also a good way to make it seem like more people want the Wraith nerfed. You know, in case the devs don't open every single thread to see if one of them might have a clickbait title.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

It's not honestly cause this isn't a controversial opinion no matter which side of the street you fall on.

Wraith's standing is either borderline decent or just on the cusp of being a bit too fast. Not strong per se, just fast.

If wanted a controversial title you should have went with bring back Old Legion or Nurse is trash tier.

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

Nah bruh change the title.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

I can see why people don't enjoy facing Wraith. Especially since so many play in a not so fun manner.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,860

Curious- what made you create this thread? Hate in post game chat?

• shanny_boi

I saw some people complaining about wraith on the forums so I decided to share my thoughts

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

I like his change he went from really bad to good/ok around B or C-tier. Funny thing is I play a lot of survivor and Wraith is really rare for me which is sad. Perhaps he needs other changes in the fun department to make him more popular among killers.

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294

There are 24 killers. IDK about you, but there just isn't killer I would face a lot (when I don't count new released killers).

I really enjoy playing Wraith, he is one of few killers that you can really go wild with his build and it can work.

Problem is that he is not really good for new players, because his different play-style and people naturally want to focus on killers that are not free, because it make them worse for them as basic thing and they want to be unique.

• MikeyBoi
    MikeyBoi Member Posts: 541

I wouldn’t disagree to a nerf, wraith imo is possibly a bit over tuned, his lunge after he uncloaks is a little too much, I also think all seeing add on could use a rework. Is wraith strong? Not really, I go against a lot of good swfs that really love to abuse windows, I personally hate running bamboozle because that perk is unhealthy and boring and I shouldn’t have to run an add on where I have wall hacks..

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Only thing OP about him is all seeing blood otherwise he’s fine

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

Any high mobility killer, that has the ability to move from one side of the map to the other should be nerfed. There should be a cooldown delay to using the high mobility power, similar to the cooldown that Spirit has. Blight, Wraith and Billy should all have a cooldown delay to using their power since it allows them to hook a person on one side of the map and immediately be in a chase on the other side of the map.

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 943

he is fine as he is now

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

You should add a question mark to your title but while I think base kit wraith is the best its ever been by leaps and miles I would argue a few of his more powerful addons could use a nerf, his all-seeing and iri clapper addons in particular.

• shanny_boi

I added question marks to the end of the title, is everyone happy now?

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

Minus All-Seeing blood he's fine. Although I find him boring to face.

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

Yep get rid of all seeing. Too strong and training wheels for wraiths.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Blight already has a cooldown on his Token regeneration, Billy has his overheat and Wraith has to uncloak if he wants to injure or down Survivors

• KeiraKATANA
    KeiraKATANA Member Posts: 18

I see your point, and Wraith gets a bad wrap because many wraith players use their stealth to camp hooks. However talking of balance I do feel he is like Sprit but she can only go invisible for a few seconds. Seems unbalanced if you play Spirit. Also Spirit can't see people when invisible, should you return fire with 'oh but Wraith has a shimmer'.