Unlocking the other two Legion members...

Raccoon
Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

Is there any way to do this in-game, or is it just....DLC FOR MY DLC?

Comments

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

Shards/cells

• Raccoon

Fantastically #########.

Thanks for the info, though.

• Raccoon

So, just to re-iterate, the DLC is advertised as being 4 twisted late-teens, with 2 of them being blocked off.

I literally bought every piece of DLC for the game today (see my topic in Technical Issues), but, Jesus, I wish I had a time machine.

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

@Raccoon said:
    So, just to re-iterate, the DLC is advertised as being 4 twisted late-teens, with 2 of them being blocked off.

I literally bought every piece of DLC for the game today (see my topic in Technical Issues), but, Jesus, I wish I had a time machine.

You know you can refund all of the ones you had bought today if you didn't play for over 2 hours after purchase.

• Avariku
    Avariku Member Posts: 608
    yea, probably gonna pass on this DLC if I can't even get the character I want without dumping 20 bucks in or playing ONLY this game for the duration of ALL of my freetime over the next week. 

I work for a living, and I'm not going to just hand you 20 bucks because you locked a character behind a paywall. 

(one that isn't even a great killer, mind you)
  • Raccoon

You'd need 100 hours of afk Wraith, as you get about 4k/8hrs

• Raccoon

I'm going to assume at this point that the developers don't care about their deceptive marketing so long as the $$$ rolls in :(

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@Raccoon said:
    I'm going to assume at this point that the developers don't care about their deceptive marketing so long as the $$$ rolls in :(

Have you seen the tease for the new chapter killer? Here is a sneak peak!

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

@Raccoon said:

Have you seen the tease for the new chapter killer? Here is a sneak peak!

They did say the next killer would be the oldest 
  • RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    edited December 2018

We've been telling people not to buy this ######### DLC, so the devs MAYBE will start to respect the customers, but oh well...

• Najemniczkas
    Najemniczkas Member Posts: 88

I'm also a bit mad about the fact Legion should be 4 people, meanwhile, even with the skins, there are only 2 voice actors of them... So that's like if it was actually 2 people creating "a Legion"...

This is getting ridiculous... But I still want thte DLC, cuz Legion's power seems super fun, even if he is still weak...

• purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661

@The_Crusader said:
    The thing is some of the costumes on the store are just pallet swaps.

They should just put them in the game and call them joe/susie.

People would still buy cosmetics for the better skins but they wouldn't feel as ripped off because they got the 4 people that were advertised over the past few weeks.

2 people is hardly a legion

Pretty much. The OP really only has a case because those 2 names were attached to a store item. I'm fairly sure the complaint would still be there if it weren't those 2 specific skins(like if they were just masks which shoots down the OP's complaint), but since they chose to make the 2 named people something even extra to buy, it gives the OP a reason to be able to be complaining even though it 100% is just a cosmetic that you were never guaranteed to get.

• MegaWaffle

@purebalance said:

@The_Crusader said:

People would still buy cosmetics for the better skins but they wouldn't feel as ripped off because they got the 4 people that were advertised over the past few weeks.

Pretty much. The OP really only has a case because those 2 names were attached to a store item. I'm fairly sure the complaint would still be there if it weren't those 2 specific skins(like if they were just masks which shoots down the OP's complaint), but since they chose to make the 2 named people something even extra to buy, it gives the OP a reason to be able to be complaining even though it 100% is just a cosmetic that you were never guaranteed to get.

Actually they named 4 people confirmed to be in the Legion so I really don't understand why they didn't add 4 basic skins to the killers default roster. They could then add the "upgraded" cosmetics in the store all they like. As it is right now this "Legion" is simply "The Couple".

• purebalance

@MegaWaffle said:

@purebalance said:

@The_Crusader said:

Actually they named 4 people confirmed to be in the Legion so I really don't understand why they didn't add 4 basic skins to the killers default roster. They could then add the "upgraded" cosmetics in the store all they like. As it is right now this "Legion" is simply "The Couple".

You literally just repeated what I said. Had they simply had 2 extra masks that really didn't need to be different from the others that much, the OP wouldn't have a leg to stand on with this dumb complaint. However, this is still silly in that I'd really like to know why Freddy doesn't have all of his movie powers in the dream world if you're going to say this is the couple not the legion. I mean he was advertised as Freddy not some guy who runs around and scratches people. Part of the implication of it being a Legion is the sprinting is more supposed to be that you are a group on the map rather than 1 person.

• MegaWaffle

@purebalance said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@purebalance said:

@The_Crusader said:

You literally just repeated what I said. Had they simply had 2 extra masks that really didn't need to be different from the others that much, the OP wouldn't have a leg to stand on with this dumb complaint. However, this is still silly in that I'd really like to know why Freddy doesn't have all of his movie powers in the dream world if you're going to say this is the couple not the legion. I mean he was advertised as Freddy not some guy who runs around and scratches people. Part of the implication of it being a Legion is the sprinting is more supposed to be that you are a group on the map rather than 1 person.

Actually your comment was aimed at tearing down the OP for no reason and I simply pointed to the fact that they should have had 4 default skins because they announced Legion as 4 people not 2.

Also no the Legion did not get their name because they...sprint....they got their name because they are a group of killers and not an individual.

Also how does Freddy's movie powers have anything to do with the correct defining characteristics of the group called Legion?

• Raccoon
    edited December 2018

@MegaWaffle said:

@purebalance said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@purebalance said:

@The_Crusader said:

Actually your comment was aimed at tearing down the OP for no reason and I simply pointed to the fact that they should have had 4 default skins because they announced Legion as 4 people not 2.

Also no the Legion did not get their name because they...sprint....they got their name because they are a group of killers and not an individual.

Also how does Freddy's movie powers have anything to do with the correct defining characteristics of the group called Legion?

Store Description:

"The raw cravings and impulses of adolescence are powerful. The desire to belong can be just as unbelievably strong. When three teens get involved with an impulsive mastermind, they discover an addictive kind of freedom. Together, they spiral out of control and become the wrong kind of crowd, The Legion, leaving no rule unbroken. "

I was under the impression that buying the Legion DLC would give me "three teens" + "an impulsive mastermind" as described on the store in plain text.

@MegaWaffle , I'm sure they're just upset that no one cares about their constantly bumped "killer exploit" topic ;3

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Yeah LITERALLY the only part of Legion that makes him 4 people is some skins...that you have to pay extra for...

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    To be honest what good would 4 people be anyway? It wouldnt. We dont need susie or joe.

I think rather than being a gang, legion should have just been a psycho young couple. Two nutty kids who fall in love and kill people. The dlc outfits could easily be their skins.

Susie and joe just arent needed. I dont see the point to them.
  • Raccoon

@not_Queen
    Any plans on addressing this or changing the store description?

• purebalance

@MegaWaffle said:

@purebalance said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@purebalance said:

@The_Crusader said:

Freddy isn't everything Freddy is just like your claim of cosmetics somehow make Legion not Legion. Actually complaining that Freddy doesn't have his powers from the movies is more relevant to defining him since Legion is Legion due to Feral Frenzy, not the ability to look like 4 different people. Feral Frenzy and the ability to spot the other people is being multiple people in the sense of the game in the sense of being everywhere at once.

The OP needs to be torn down because he's just crying that he can't have cosmetics. I said sure give them 4 masks then and you're claiming it was something different. If they had 4 masks that looked slightly different with the 2 names that were missing on two of them, the OP would still be complaining because the reality is he just wants the cosmetics for free even though the killer ability is what makes it more than one person in a sense.

• purebalance

@Blueberry said:
    Yeah LITERALLY the only part of Legion that makes him 4 people is some skins...that you have to pay extra for...

Except it isn't. Feral Frenzy and the abilities tied to it is what makes it four people in that you're everywhere essentially and see everyone.

• purebalance

@Raccoon said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@purebalance said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@purebalance said:

@The_Crusader said:

Store Description:

"The raw cravings and impulses of adolescence are powerful. The desire to belong can be just as unbelievably strong. When three teens get involved with an impulsive mastermind, they discover an addictive kind of freedom. Together, they spiral out of control and become the wrong kind of crowd, The Legion, leaving no rule unbroken. "

I was under the impression that buying the Legion DLC would give me "three teens" + "an impulsive mastermind" as described on the store in plain text.

@MegaWaffle , I'm sure they're just upset that no one cares about their constantly bumped "killer exploit" topic ;3

Yupp let's cry about this topic when there's actually something being broken and exploited.

No matter what skin you use you are still 4 people. You're wrong and the fact that you're trying to deflect now by bringing up something that is actually wrong just shows how badly you're flailing at anything you can.

• Raccoon
    edited December 2018

@purebalance said:

@Blueberry said:

Except it isn't. Feral Frenzy and the abilities tied to it is what makes it four people in that you're everywhere essentially and see everyone.

The LOL button left us too soon :(

F

"If they had 4 masks that looked slightly different with the 2 names that were missing on two of them, the OP would still be complaining because the reality is he just wants the cosmetics for free even though the killer ability is what makes it more than one person in a sense."

Although the exact opposite would be true, assuming they came with the scarf/neck tattoo and pink hair, respectively.

You keep doing you, though, and putting people down.

"The OP needs to be torn down."
    I'm sure they do, Blue. I'm sure they do.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited December 2018

@purebalance said:

@Blueberry said:

That makes no sense whatsoever. Nothing about Feral Frenzy or its ability shows how they're 4 people at all. "he runs fast and see's a lot of places because he's good at running" THEREFOR that shows how it's lots of people. That's basically what you're saying.

• Raccoon

Clearly, Blueberry, you do not understand.

You spawn in as one person, which means you're four.

SHEESH!

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

@BigBubs said:
    Shards/cells

how much for the other female? in shards

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

I think they should have just had Joe and Susie as default but they would be in an outfit similar to Frank and Julies', that way you get Frank and Susie by default but if you want them to look different you can buy the cosmetics

• Raccoon
    edited December 2018

@alivebydeadight said:

@BigBubs said:
    Shards/cells

Only 17, 550 for the set.
    Note, this is a blue haired variant.

If you want the Pink Haired version, of Susie, you need to spend Cells.
    878 for the set.

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

@Raccoon said:

@alivebydeadight said:

@BigBubs said:
    Shards/cells

878 for the set.

the one I mean is pink hair and now what about the shirt for them two, just the shirt for susie, blue hair and pink

• Raccoon

325 Cells each.

The Blue Shirt can also be bought for 5850 Shards.

• not_Queen
    not_Queen Member Posts: 1,114

@Raccoon I got this point on my feedback list to the team already. Thanks for looking out! :)

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    From what I saw for the 2 Joe and susie along with the DLC itll cost 28$ on ps4 
  • Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    not_Queen said:

@Raccoon I got this point on my feedback list to the team already. Thanks for looking out! :)

Yay, there could be a possibility that I can get a prestige Joe! 
  • Raccoon

Thanks, @not_Queen

I never really have any super serious complaints about the game, but this was the first time I was a little saddened by something within the game's actual content.

• Raccoon

Any updates?

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,866

What is the point if they look identical to the two you already have? Just so you can say "I'm playing as Joe" instead of "I'm playing as Frank"?

• Raccoon
    edited December 2018
    Joe+Susie + Weapon + Stance being completely paywalled seems to be enough of a community concern for someone to, the very least, take note.

If this reaches an amicable solution,  I'd have no issue with buying the cosmetics that are currently available - I was actually looking forward to doing so, but am very turned off by all versions of these Legion "characters" being locked off.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    Cosmetics being pay walled? What a crazy concept!
  • TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

@Dreamnomad said:
    What is the point if they look identical to the two you already have? Just so you can say "I'm playing as Joe" instead of "I'm playing as Frank"?

I think the point is that they would look slightly different from Frank and Julie. I mean, if the lore is about four people, it seems silly for you to only have access to two of them without paying up.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    All it would take is a Joe & Susie mask(accompanying animations too ofc) given alongside buying Legion and people wouldn't care about full costumes being sold.

It personally doesn't affect me, but I understand why some are raising concern over the tactic
  • ComelyStar
    ComelyStar Member Posts: 187

I mean I do get why people are upset, I think it is pretty ######### too but the DLC Steam page clearly states that only Frank and Julie are playable characters. And you can purchase a Joe and Susie skin using Iridescent Shards (though as always the cost is ridiculously over the top).
    My biggest point of criticism would be that Frank and Julie just don't look different enough. It's more like 3 different people than 4, and the 2 only distinct once have to be purchased. It does suck to a degreee.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@BigBubs said:

@Raccoon said:

You know you can refund all of the ones you had bought today if you didn't play for over 2 hours after purchase.

That doesnt work for DLCs

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@Raccoon said:

@alivebydeadight said:

@BigBubs said:
    Shards/cells

878 for the set.

And it's not just the hair… overall the auric version is of course the better looking, with the better colorscheme.

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457

That’s the thing they don’t look identical. The Legion are unique in their own way. They even have their own animation stance.

There is only one body for Joe, so the only thing I can do is wear the prestige mask and prestige knife. 

It would be nice if they can have their own prestiged body. It would atleast make up for the fact that they don’t have their own voice. 

• Raccoon
    Pretty sure this is DOA given the lack of any updates ;(
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Raccoon said:
    Pretty sure this is DOA given the lack of any updates ;(

You do know it's Christmas, right? Holidays, and all that?