The simplest QoL change to Legion

That_One_Scrub
That_One_Scrub Member Posts: 35
edited December 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

EDIT: I no longer think this idea is a good one, but I'm keeping the thread open to talk about other things. Scroll down.

Post edited by That_One_Scrub on

Comments

• That_One_Scrub

Right now, I'm not 100% sure, but it feels like the most viable way to get downs is that after you get any target-switching chain-hits in Feral Frenzy, you literally just try to bodyblock that final survivor without hitting them again, so that the chase is still fairly short distance after your power ends and the stun buys the survivor distance. This kinda feels...weirdly restrained for a "Feral Frenzy."

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    No because then he could just spam m1 on a survivor over and over until they're down
  • That_One_Scrub

@The_Crusader said:
    No because then he could just spam m1 on a survivor over and over until they're down

I'm fairly certain that the timer isn't gracious enough for that, at least not on average. Remember you only get a recharge when hitting a fresh target, after all.

Still, if that becomes a problem somehow, you could always take away some percentage of the bar other than 100%. 30%, 50%...whatever balances out correctly.

• PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708

@That_One_Scrub said:

@The_Crusader said:

I'm fairly certain that the timer isn't gracious enough for that, at least not on average. Remember you only get a recharge when hitting a fresh target, after all.

Still, if that becomes a problem somehow, you could always take away some percentage of the bar other than 100%. 30%, 50%...whatever balances out correctly.

You could easily do that, even if not, you could land at least 3 hits before it ends and follow up with 5 seconds of moonwalking.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

That would be absolutely broken. You would get at least 2 extra hits in easily which would leave the survivor with 33% of the bar left. With the purple addon Frank's mixtape you would essentially always have a makeshift exposed on survivors. Definitely don't think this is a good change.

• That_One_Scrub

@PolarBear said:
    That would be absolutely broken. You would get at least 2 extra hits in easily which would leave the survivor with 33% of the bar left. With the purple addon Frank's mixtape you would essentially always have a makeshift exposed on survivors. Definitely don't think this is a good change.

With Frank's Mixtape AND Stab wound study, it would be 3 hits total in frenzy. If I recall correctly, it requires both add-ons to drop the threshold number of hits. And honestly, compared to add-ons of similar rarity, that doesn't sound all that insane to me.

There doesn't seem to be any references for the exact duration of frenzy/how many hits would be possible, but I could do some testing and report back.

• PolarBear

@That_One_Scrub said:

@PolarBear said:

With Frank's Mixtape AND Stab wound study, it would be 3 hits total in frenzy. If I recall correctly, it requires both add-ons to drop the threshold number of hits. And honestly, compared to add-ons of similar rarity, that doesn't sound all that insane to me.

There doesn't seem to be any references for the exact duration of frenzy/how many hits would be possible, but I could do some testing and report back.

I've played Legion and it takes 2 hits to down a survivor that has the deep wound status on if you are using Frank's mixtape. You get the 2 first hits for free since there is hardly any attack cooldown after the first frenzy hit and it leaves the survivor with half of their deep wound bar left, requiring only one more hit on them.

• That_One_Scrub
    edited December 2018

@PolarBear said:

snip

I've played Legion and it takes 2 hits to down a survivor that has the deep wound status on if you are using Frank's mixtape. You get the 2 first hits for free since there is hardly any attack cooldown after the first frenzy hit and it leaves the survivor with half of their deep wound bar left, requiring only one more hit on them.

Alright, that's fair. Yeah, that'd make this idea too good. Hmm...I don't know, it's hard to get over how worthless it feels to make extra hits on a survivor while in Frenzy without the mixtape. I feel like first-hit-reset+3 hits would be fair and fun, but 1+2 is a little crazy, yeah.

...bleh. The devs have really boxed themselves into a corner with this one, haven't they? It would be so much nicer if that timer MEANT something as it went down, but unless it's so low as to allow for a forced mend->track->hit, it really isn't worth the distance you lose.

Alternate idea, now that I'm back in spitballing mode: What if Frenzy hits on a survivor who already has a Deep Wound didn't grant a speed boost to that survivor? (but still ended the power as it does now)

• PolarBear

@That_One_Scrub said:

@PolarBear said:

snip

Alright, that's fair. Yeah, that'd make this idea too good. Hmm...I don't know, it's hard to get over how worthless it feels to make extra hits on a survivor while in Frenzy without the mixtape. I feel like first-hit-reset+3 hits would be fair and fun, but 1+2 is a little crazy, yeah.

...bleh. The devs have really boxed themselves into a corner with this one, haven't they? It would be so much nicer if that timer MEANT something as it went down, but unless it's so low as to allow for a forced mend->track->hit, it really isn't worth the distance you lose.

Alternate idea, now that I'm back in spitballing mode: What if Frenzy hits on a survivor who already has a Deep Wound didn't grant a speed boost to that survivor? (but still ended the power as it does now)

I don't think there is anything that can fix his power and make it fun for killers and survivors. Legion needs a full on rework at this point. I don't know who approved the release of Legion in it's current state. I'm starting to doubt if they really want to support this game for the next 5+ years...