Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Congrats survivors

2Β»

Comments

• latinfla4
    latinfla4 Member Posts: 2,119

Yeah nice try it is very survivor sided and it doesn't matter how good my internet is...as soon as a weapon swing happens they just have to drop the pallet...I even get as far as a knockdown animation from them and somehow the pallet magically gets them back up running in the distance.

It's ok more and more killers will start leaving this game...have fun with the bots🀣

• latinfla4

No just fed up with a busted resident evil patch a busted anniversary for older consoles and now this pallet stunning bs...people waited how long to play(and even longer for our poor switch players) to now have a busted bloodhunt?

• latinfla4
  • latinfla4

Yeah I actually downed a survivor but 5 seconds later pallet stun and they are running in the distance...I just started staring at the wall...they might as well be hacking.

• latinfla4

The thing is they probably don't play both sides and don't care enough to fix it...remember 4 wallets vs 1 wallet.

• Vampirox
    Vampirox Member Posts: 411

i mean lets be real you killers still get that bullshit free hit thru the window.

• M4dBoOmr
    M4dBoOmr Member Posts: 598
  • Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,291

It's nothing to do with pallet camping. -Any- pallet stun before this change had an about 80% chance to cost the survivor a health state and about half their speed boost. It was better to just ignore the pallet and take the hit, since you'd get more distance that way.

• the_new
    the_new Member Posts: 175

pallets thing i don't really care about but the scratch marks are so bad rn

• ouroboros_world
    ouroboros_world Member Posts: 215

Gotta buy them new $30 survivors cosmetics since that’s all they care about. How am I supposed to stop pallet camper if they just gonna camp the pallet until I’m stun then run to another pallet to camp, pallet hit boxes are already huge and annoying to deal with. Why are survivors are able to drop pallets while getting stab? This basically nerf every m1 killer.

Old mechanic made more sense then this buggy mess, since when pallets become a guarantee stun. Even with spirit fury enduring they won’t get hit and stun you while knowing you have them perks for the rest of the game.

only people happy with this are baby survivors who self cares under pallets in middle of chase, survivors who can’t learn to loop even if their lives depends on it. I wonder who going to play m1 killers besides trapper after this patch, because it’s so easy to camp pallets for a free stun on m1 killers as a survivor.

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629

What’s wrong with camping pallets? If people want to camp pallets let them, they are risking a hit doing so.

The old mechanic didn’t make sense (if you played survivor) there were often times you’d get hit after throwing down a pallet, the new system is fair.

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786

Someone is upset they were being carried by a broken mechanic,

• Killing_Time
    Killing_Time Member Posts: 894

Too bad I also play double charge add on NOED Nurse. Pallets irrelevant

• 1miko
    1miko Member Posts: 268
    edited July 2021

Honestly about the pallets I agree and disagree. Right now in my own experience on my survivor POV I cancelled like 7 killer m1s that should've hit me completely and for some reason the game decided I was cool with my pallet camp.

In my killer POV I keep getting hits that actually throw survivors into the downed animation and suddenly half a second later I get stunned and they stand up and keep running. I believe the change bhvr did was to prioritize hit validation for survivors other than killers and not actually letting the server decide objectively upon it.

I play in stable 40 to 80ms relying on the servers I land into mainly. 40ms stable on league and most multiplayers in my region.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

Is it a meme or something? I still get hit through pallets.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    edited July 2021

What has DS got to do with any of this?

and no, I don't think survivors 'abused' DS lmao, not a perk I use and not a perk I worried about when I played killer.

but please, bring desisive strike into this hit validation arguement, that makes perfect sense.

Desisive strike was LITERALLY something you can avoid, you can drop a whole ass pallet and keep running and still get hit sometimes.

• Zacharry100
    Zacharry100 Member Posts: 133

I see your one of the people who took advantage of old ds. Typical no wonder your post seem sus.

• Sypherpathic
    Sypherpathic Member Posts: 488

The real problem here is that it's giving you the hit animation and sound too soon and then it fails validation. I think that's what needs to be fixed, if possible. That could result in a fat feeling of lag, though, from when you swing to when you find out if you got the hit.

Maybe killers need to stop trying for these very last second hits at a pallet? It seems to me that, as some have stated above, killers have been relying on getting an easier hit near a pallet than if they were in the open, else why so many killers are trying to hit killers just exactly at the pallet? maybe respect the pallet and go around or catch the survivor before they get to it or zone them away from pallet locations?

Is swinging at the right time next to the pallet a killer's most important skill?

• ouroboros_world

I can tell you don’t play killer, every second a killer waste is a gen being done. So pallets are basically immunity bubbles? Why would I waste my precious time trying to make a pallet camper drop the pallet without being stun. You use to have to time the pallet stun, now you got all the time in the world to drop the pallet while being immune to hits and a free stun.

I play survivor, camping pallets are cheap and unfun way to get chased, m1 killers are already trash, no need to make them counter by camping pallets and hold w until gens are done.

• Sypherpathic

I do but not often. I'm certainly familiar with how to play. Look around on these forums. Pallets are not 'immunity bubbles'.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/268595/the-pallet-fix-is-amazing/p1

• ouroboros_world

camping pallets are cheap and nothing you can do, unless your ghostface that can crouch and hide under cover to ambush the pallet camper healing themselves under the pallet, pallets now are basically a immunity bubbles, m1 killer is chasing you and you about to lose, time to turn your brain off and hug pallets until the red light is on top of you.

but I can see nobody cares about killer fun, them overpriced survivors cosmetics are the real money maker. Buff survivors means more money

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728

Yeah, I don't believe that one since I had a game yesterday where I hit a Feng through three pallets and she just kept running.

• Sypherpathic

What don't you believe?

I play killer but not often?

I'm familiar with how to play killer?

Pallets are not immunity bubbles?

I think in the case of this last, there are threads with video evidence proving that they are not. Look again at the first video in the thread I linked and then at the Mod response. It's literally a clip of a survivor throwing a pallet, the killer swinging and the survivor getting downed with the killer getting stunned. Where's the immunity?

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728

Apparently everyone will have a different outcome depending on connection/server location. I guess the Feng who I couldn't down in my game lived closer to the servers/ had better internet. The down not happening 1 time I can understand but it happened 3 different times with three different pallets. Seems like some immunity to me.

• stikyard
    stikyard Member Posts: 526

Pallets should be Survivor sided, that's the whole point of pallets. I'm sorry you no longer get free hits through pallets.

• Morpheus_7_
    Morpheus_7_ Member Posts: 348

murderer my friend! no more free shots on pallets! stop crying, understand it and thank you for having received them as a gift so far!

GG

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    edited July 2021

I haven't ran DS for years, the only time I ran it was when they nerfed DS and there were multiple matches without an obsession because others started not using it and the killer would almost always tunnel.

You've only proved you have nothing to add to this conversation but to somehow try and shoe horn a complaint about DS into a totally unrelated thread.

Good job

Post edited by Seanzu on
  • ReviloDBD
    ReviloDBD Member Posts: 597

Actually your response to this was quite rudely written, and unnecessarily hostile in my opinion.

But you actually literally explained in your own post EXACTLY why this being the way it is now is worse for Killers than it was for Survivors all this time. It's in your own argument.

You state that you could potentially increase your chasing potential as a Survivor "for another 30 seconds or a minute" - now, imagine there are 4 Survivors in a match, and just so you are aware in the current state that this "Pallet Validation" is in right now it will give the Pallet Stun to the Survivor every single time no matter what, I have not yet even once in like 40 games I played had my successful attack actually injure the Survivor so the Killer will never get the hit and Survivors have been blatantly abusing this "new power" by, Yes, extending their chase AT LEAST another 30-60 seconds, possibly more..

Even if it only happens ONE single time per Survivor in a match, that's an extra 4min of chase in a 15min match because that's roughly how fast Good Survivors can get all 5 gens done.. so this "Pallet Validation Fix" has quite literally increased the Killer's TOTAL chase time by around 25% of the entire match every single game..

That's not taking into consideration that it takes 3 downs to actually Kill a Survivor, and Survivors may be also using perks like Dead Hard to help them get another loop or two in.. and the entire match is a 1v4 situation, where survivors COULD help each other, with bodyblocks, flashlight saves, flashbangs, simply healing each other up after losing a Killer in a chase, etc etc..

So now you're looking at a POTENTIAL increase of 30-60 seconds per chase using your own words, per survivor, per 3 chases for each Survivor to get a Kill. If it's only 30 seconds per, that's still 30x3x4 = 360 seconds = 6min of additional chasing for a Killer per match. If we use your 60 seconds of Chase potential that's literally 12min EXTRA chasing a Killer has to do now. Of course, I agree with you, that is a Best case scenario for Survivors and quite unlikely to happen in a single match.. but the possibility is actually there now.

6-12min of Extra Chasing for a Killer is INCREDIBLY impactful.. I don't think people are understanding the magnitude of the difference.

Everyone's just trying to point at 1v1 and how it's fair, sure possibly 1v1 this could be fair, but the game is actually played 1v4!

Please don't forget that.

Just so you know, I'm all for advocating Fairness in the game, I play both Survivor and Killer in Red Ranks myself and enjoy playing both sides. What I'm trying to explain to people is that this change is far more impactful on the Killer side than the way it was for Survivors before, and that using the argument "it was like this for one side so now the other side has to suffer" isn't a very good argument because Ideally NEITHER side should have to suffer playing something that makes the game this Unfair .. It's really bad to play Killer right now, is it going to make every Killer quit the game? No, definitely not, is it going to make me quit the game? Probably not, I still enjoy playing SWF w/ friends, and I'll still play Killer occasionally - but I know one thing, if this "change" is here to stay and doesn't get looked at, sure, over time I may start to play less and less Killer and DBD in general.

Honestly I've already started, I haven't logged in to DBD since I last made this post the other day. I know I will again, but I'm not in a rush or anything.

• ReviloDBD

The problem is that the new system is not fair when Survivors learn how to abuse it and have been. I wish I recorded my matches so that I can show you guys how ridiculous it actually is. It's nothing like I've ever seen before playing either side, even as Survivor I have never seen anything like this buggy mess..

Test it yourself if you want to. Just have a killer attack you at full health and THEN drop the pallet immediately after the Killer landed a hit on you, on YOUR screen, you will see that all the sudden you will be back at full health again uninjured. It's kind of nuts. The Survivors I've faced literally just wait for me to land an attack on them and then drop the pallet afterwards to abuse the mechanic and get away untouched.

• latinfla4
  • Customapple0

Please educate yourself on how hit validation works, and while you’re at it check your internet connection.

This system cannot be abused, if you are regularly getting ghost hits at pallets then there is something up with your connection. With all due respect your reply is a bunch of rubbish.

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184

Lol as a Spirit main scratch marks work perfectly fine lol

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184

I've had so many hits land through pallets since the update I think you guys are genuinely over reaching or have pretty bad ping.

• latinfla4

Went with my friend and his brothers to trade his dbd copy for a card for 3 months of gamepass ultimate.

All 4 of them have been playing since the beginning (only 3 killers infinite loops no killer blood lust broken ds etc.) and have been buying almost all the killer cosmetics.

Yesterday red rank swf groups abusing pallet validation was his last straw. They pay 100 dollars for internet a month so it is not a ping issue either.

• ReviloDBD

I mean I guess 100-120ms is bad ping? I've mentioned in my posts before - I literally have the most expensive internet available where I live and have never had any issues before this on anything.

But yeah I play DBD with 100-120ms on average, that's just what it says, I honestly never even thought it was that bad but I keep reading on Forums that everyone else is playing with like 20-60 so maybe it is, maybe being far out on the West Coast I'm far from the Server? Not sure.

Again, the issue is that for players like me then with bad ping - it's a 100% safe pallet immunity no matter what - so that should not be in the game, period.

• Customapple0

There is no abuse of pallet hit validation. Explain how such a system can be abused.

Seriously everyone needs to stop thinking they will get a hit every time they swing through a pallet, they aren’t designed to benefit killers.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

Sorry I don't really care about the whole pallet affair except for their oversized hitboxes since I normally respect and break them for the BP.

But what kind of argument is "catch the survivor before they get to it"? Most others might be reasonable but when the killer is running behind them and doesn't have a sprint or chainsaw, how are they supposed to magically get faster on demand to get them before that. I would love to know that because it would brake the game and make killer breezingly easy.

• Sypherpathic

The point is just that you weren't as close as you thought you were, so you had NOT caught them up enough to connect with the hit. It's either that they need to change the validation back to being killer-sided or they need to change the animation so the killer doesn't get the hit animation before the server has validated.

• MyersIsPantless
    MyersIsPantless Member Posts: 104

your acting like we haven’t gotten hit through dropped pallets for years.

you killers also finally got your decisive strike nerf. just because BHVR finally fixed pallet problems doesn’t mean you should complain about it because their fair now.

if you get hit by a pallet then you get hit by a pallet. get used to the new pallets because you had them handed to you for years.

stop acting like BHVR doesn’t care about you lmao, what are you gonna complain about next? borrowed time?

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

The thing is from an objective standpoint it feels as if vacuum pallets are back but now the animation is bugged, lags behind the server or whatever and does a rollback instead of teleporting the survivor forward.

Emphasize on "FEELS" not "is".

• JohnnyB87
    JohnnyB87 Member Posts: 96

I play killer as much as survivor. Either work on your lunge timing or respect the pallet. Killers who complain about the stuns aren't doing it right is all.