FIX PALLETS RIGHT NOW

Product
Product Member Posts: 108

Pallets are stupidly broken and survivor sided now. It's literally impossible to hit a survivor if they just camp the pallet and have good ping, since your hit is cancelled.

https://youtu.be/NMjwWsglPUU

Comments

• Product

I don't understand why the hit connects first then it cancels the hit...

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

They will fix it on tuesday

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

I have under 20 ping and still get hit validated..

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

The pallet is a race of sorts, if the survivor reacts fast enough to stun the killer before getting hit then yes, they should be protected by the pallet. That is after all the purpose of pallets in this game.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

They should fix the successful hit FX to make it happen after the server validation to prevent this kind of confusion, but the system works fine. I keep getting hit when I don't react fast enough.

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728

Looks to me like the killer got robbed of hits because of bhvr's ######### servers.

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052

Survivors still fail pallet drops, even if they camp them. Killers still have the choice to bait the pallet drop or to go for the hit too.

Naturally, I've noticed that pallets are safer as survivor but they actually feel possible to drop unlike before. But that doesn't mean every drop is a success, like I mentioned. I still get baited into dropping them earlier sometimes and we still exchange hits.

All the clip shows is the problem they've already acknowledged, where the server validates the hit but the delay acts like it didn't. Hopefully they fix it.

• Eastcircledr
    Eastcircledr Member Posts: 3

It would be much better if pallets were killer sided. Am I correct?

• Salvonyua
    Salvonyua Member Posts: 59

pallets must be fixed, I support it as main killer, but only the survivors are not hurt by it, everyone complains

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452

Am I the only one who haven't got hit validated yet? And I'm the crazy guy who swings at every pallet like a madman. I still get hits while survivor drops the pallet.

Although I must admit I got robbed of my grabs twice since the update, and I didn't even see the hit compensation they talked about.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

I dont play a lobby unless I have green connection and it still happens to me so idk what you mean. The problem isn't just a killers connection issue its the desync between the killers and the survivors to the same server they just switched who benefited more problem is still there.

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629

No, they haven’t switched it. The server is the judge, not the killer’s client, not the survivor’s client. Play survivor and you’ll see you can still get hit if you throw a pallet too late.

• gilgamer

I'm aware who plays judge and that's the problem the things killers and survivors see are too different and the server just says who wins one way or the other they just switched who the judge swings towards so again the problem wasn't fixed just changed.

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629

Have you even read the July dev update? If you did you’d realise all the server does is check if the stun was made before the hit. There are no sides.

• gilgamer

I read it and if it worked as intended I shouldn't get hit with this since I have good connection to their servers, I dont play unless I do, but I still get robbed of hits so obviously it's not always working as intended

• gilgamer

If both players have a good connection I shouldn't see the hit go through on my end but it still happens sometimes.

• Artick
    Artick Member Posts: 623
    edited July 2021

Survivors get hit thru pallets for 5 years, no one bats an eye.

Pallets finally get fixed

Killers cry rivers because for a week they couldn't get BS hits. If survivors could deal with the current state of pallets for 5 years I'm sure you can deal with it for a little while. Or you know, stop playing with potato internet and expect it to carry you and get you kills.

• gilgamer

40ms or less usually, by the way most survivors I go against are around 80-100 especially consoles they're usually(not always) around 120

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

I have the same connection or a hair better. I haven't experienced a single instance of a hit getting invalidated.

I get simply stunned, or the hit lands as well. But I never see the blood splatter and hear the scream without taking a health state.

Check if your connection fluctuates. I use netlimiter for this.

• bibibib8
    bibibib8 Member Posts: 843

What happen if you have a good connection but you have no server near you should you move to a new location for dbd?

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

What do you mean, “no counter play”? Camping pallets is dumb because pallets are a finite resource and once they’re dropped you can break them, and also if it’s a weaker or unsafe pallet you can easily get a hit on a pallet camper.

If a survivor camps a strong pallet then that’s not bad for you. They drop it fast, without even attempting to loop it to waste time, and you can immediately break it and it’s gone forever. If a survivor camps a weak pallet then you can try to mindgame it by pretending you’re approaching from one side and then swinging at the side they drop it from, and if you do so successfully you’ll get a hit. For instance, you would have got a hit at the first pallet in your video if you pretended to go one way and then lunged from the other, because the short side of that loop is easily mindgameable (especially with a tier 3 Myers lunge) and pallet campers are typically dumb or green enough to fall for simple tricks like that.

Like, pallets ARE supposed to be a line of defence for survivors, they shouldn’t be a guaranteed hit for a killer with high enough ping. Running face first into and swinging at every pallet and then getting mad when you don’t get hits seems unreasonable to me.

• gilgamer

I'm not downloading some random program not too mention I'm probably not gonna be playing much for next few days but I have a hardwire connection and only very rarely experience lag spikes or even fluctuations. Also every time I got robbed of a hit I checked connections as soon as I could and pretty much always had a better connection then the person who stunned me

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

I genuinely think the devs should make it so there is no feedback that you hit them or not.

That is the literal reason why people keep feeling "robbed".

They're getting instant feedback that they nailed a hit, only to be denied it a second later purely because they were a milisecond late.

I've experienced the rollback myself as Killer and it just isn't a nice feeling, it feels demoralizing. What could've been a 5 second chase extended by another 30. I know that doesn't seem like much but it's the equivalent of a strong early start being turned into a very mediocre or bad one.

Either fix the netcode, or change how the game gives you feedback. Because if you just get stunned and nothing else, no one would be complaining about this. But if they get a hit, and then a stun, and that hit is ignored. That is why people will complain about it.

• maaadinsomniac
    maaadinsomniac Member Posts: 440

Camping pallets.., who tf is camping pallets like this. Like really, is it common? I was doing this when I have like 100 hrs in this game, then I learned how to loop and hug walls.

• Product

You didnt read the thread, I said I play with about 30 ping.

The survivors have ######### ping, and thats why it happens (the jeff had 180 ping)

• Product
    edited July 2021

I hit him, then the pallet stunned me. That's not fixed, that's broken.

Either way, survivors are mega OP right now, so that change only made them even stronger

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

Just get a good ping then and stop abusing your WiFi connection to get an advantage in the game, no?

• JayDoesGames
    JayDoesGames Member Posts: 264

So basically you're saying you want to be rewarded again for having high ping and getting false/unfair hits?

• Bradyguy99
    Bradyguy99 Member Posts: 228

Because now they're realizing how weak some of the killers are since that handicap is gone. Killer buffs better be incoming.

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495

I just got "traded" three times where I clearly hit them but they were uninjured.

I feel robbed, like genuinely. But, I guess I understand what you mean

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

Well said! Not to mention dealing with Killers being the server for years and even now the servers still favor The Killer.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Well I have 40ping and get my hits taken away when it's way before the half way point. So either the devs have made mistakes in coding etc. (Very possible) or they expect killers to have 1ping

My 40ping loses hits to 60+ping