Survivors standing at gate every match

Every single match I play killer the survivors that make it to the exit gate open it and then just stand there doing nothing for the duration of the endgame collapse. They know it is toxic behavior and reporting them for taking the game hostage accomplishes nothing. Survivors just stand there and wait for the killer to come to them so they can teabag and then escape. It is toxicity pure and simple.

Proposed Solution: Endgame collapse should scale up in speed for each survivor dead/escaped/standing in the exit gate area. This is the least punishing solution I can imagine. Any other suggestions are more than welcome.

Comments

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,136

EGC is two minutes. They're being ridiculous, but they're not holding you hostage and their behavior is not reportable. If you really want them out quickly, you can force them out. Otherwise, it's just two minutes.

Holding the game hostage is what happened before the EGC existed and survivors stealthed around the map for 20+ minutes. That sucked. EGC is amazing as it is.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,199

Any length of time that is less than the EGC or the Bleedout timer, both of which have a maximum of 4 minutes, is deemed perfectly acceptable by BHVR.

• Gunkpump
    Gunkpump Member Posts: 12

I agree EGC is a godsend, but I feel it can still be improved upon. At that point the game is already over and they know it. That's why they are standing there waiting for me to show up so they can teabag and leave. I shouldn't be forced to use No Way Out or Bloodwarden and take up a perk slot just to avoid survivors being trolls.

• Seraphor

You're not though. Just walk up to them and get another free hit and more bloodpoints, as you force them out of the exit.

• Alionis
    Alionis Member Posts: 1,019

I'm not interested in pity hits or bloodpoints that are often denied because they'll cross the gate line before the hit can connect. People who stay at the exit for any other reason than to wait for their team mate to arrive and escape together are #########.

• VioletCrimes
    VioletCrimes Member Posts: 878

If that’s what they’re doing, yeah, that’s just being ######### and toxic. I’ve always maintained that if you’re being a ######### and just dancing and teabagging in the exit gate, you deserve to get hugged. But, a lot of survivors like me stand in the exit gate to wait for their teammates and see if they need help before escape.

• Seraphor
    edited August 2021

Some people do want the BP though, killer and survivor, so not all survivors who stand at the exit line are being toxic, they're giving the chance for a few more chase/hit points.

This is what I'll often do if the killer is there. I won't wait around unnecessarily if they're not coming to the exit gate but if they're in the vicinity I'll stick around to get us both extra chase/hit/protection points, especially the later as I run WGLF.

• Vraixen
    Vraixen Member Posts: 30

well maybe improve to make them not able to reach the gate?

• Ssajbambusa
    Ssajbambusa Member Posts: 496

Use bloodwarden then... stop crying and use tool devs gave you.

Same for survivors... if you hate noed, there are like 5 anti totem perks, if you hate camping or tunneling there is like 10 perks against just that.

Stop crying, people.

• Gunkpump
    edited August 2021

You're right. Clearly the best solution to a problem in a game is to:

1. Spend money on DLC
    2. Spend time and bloodpoints to grind freddy's perks to be teachable
    3. Hope for RNG that every single killer I enjoy playing gets bloodwarden and then tier 3
    4. Hope for a situation where I'm able to catch a survivor and down them and the survivors aren't just sitting on a 99% gate, or immediately leave because they know bloodwarden exists.

As opposed to the devs providing a very simple solution to a problem that is not severe - but still exists - I should spend my valuable time and money trying to deal with it.

• Ssajbambusa
    edited August 2021

@Gunkpump Yeah, keep crying xD. Shrine of Secrets is totally not a thing and people pressing control is the biggest issue humanity has. Do you really not see how silly you look? Just hitting them to force them out is too hard too I guess... Or going to make dinner while rest of ECG is running out. You really do seem like someone who likes to find problems when there are none.

Meanwhile hit validation keeps saving people even if they don't time dead hards, pallet saves or hook saves right... Perks like Iron Will still are badly coded to give unintentional value, sound obstruction is a thing on every map with even 1inch of terrain rise, ubreakable ds soulguard combo is a thing not to mention lucky break or keys being very fair. Spirit and Slinger are very fun to go against as well... No, out of all things that actually do impact the gameplay negatively, you have to whine about people pressing ctrl button which does nothing for anyone... How old are you, again?

• Gunkpump

At no point did I say this was a massive gamebreaking issue. I said it was a minor annoyance that could easily be fixed. Shrine of Secrets is another complete crapshoot. A rotation of over 200 perks, selecting 4 at a time, updated every week? I'm sorry that you think I look silly for wanting this game I enjoy to be the best it can be while you are satisfied settling for less. I hope you realize your time and money are worth a quality product.

• Ssajbambusa
    edited August 2021

How can it be easily fixed? Cause speeding up the EGC when someone is still inside is... you know... kind of not fair for the last guy still in chase...

Be thankful EGC is a thing, it was not the case for majority of the time the game is out, just saying.

• TacticalBanana
    TacticalBanana Member Posts: 29
    edited August 2021

Its about how you see it, i personally just do a 360 high dpi mega spin bogaloo and moonwalk in response and have a laugh. :P

• ImBrakingBike
    ImBrakingBike Member Posts: 454

I was thinking about compensation rather than a solution per se because I think it's not really a "problem" problem. I wrote about it and other situations here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/267854/random-ideas-that-may-help-people-enjoy-the-game-a-little-more

"On the killers side, I'd implement a timer that starts the moment the gates are opened, and the longer it takes for the last survivor to escape or die, the higher BPs he gets at the end of the match. The idea behind this would be to discourage unnecessary teabagging at the exit gates, the longer you want to wait for the killer to watch you teabag the more BPs you are helping him get after match."

As FeminineSlime pointed out it could be exploited the way I thought about it, so I'd make it that the timer should run only if there are no survivors hooked or downed.