Just like a lot of multiplayer games, this game needs Ping system

landromat
landromat Member Posts: 2,193

Ping system icreases team coordination which is proved in a lot of games: Any moba games, Apex legends, even Home sweet home survive has it and it works great.

This will help to buff solos and make survivors more coordinated overall. SWF and Solos are completely different power levels and this will help to fix that.

Of course a lot of info perks for survivors should be reworked as well because they'll be obsolete with this system, but this is what we need if we really want to make this game more balanced

TLDR: Bring ping system so survivors can let their team know where they are, what they're doing and where killer is without voice chat and rework old info perks so solos will be similar to SWF and we can finally start to balance this game

Comments

• KajdanKi
    KajdanKi Member Posts: 219

But you can already do it with addon to the map or 2 perks.

Its just ranking system that gives rank 12-17 to purple/red ranks and those players just croach whole fking game

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

Yes.

A map or 2 perks.

Stuff most players would most likely not even bring. Not to mention the map is a bad ping system to begin with.

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053

solos bring perks like bond and kindred all the time to help them out

• KajdanKi
    KajdanKi Member Posts: 219

I see map users quite often since there is Hex meta recently and a lot of bad killers with noed.

I pick up map very often

• Cutiaddu
    Cutiaddu Member Posts: 402

I'll say this, it doens't fit with the theme of the game imo. I wouldn't like that

• landromat

You have to sacrifice something for the future of the game

• JustWhimsical
    JustWhimsical Member Posts: 590

There are already perks in the game that help survivors coordinate better with teammates not to mention swf, if pinging was added into the game it would break the game because no doubt the unknown aspect would be destroyed because you could spam pinging to alert the other survivors that the killer is chasing you or to locate where all the survivors are on the map. Even if it wasn't just see through the walls pinging it would still not be as good as just simply bringing perks that already do that. :c

This isn't one of those games, it's an asymmetrical horror game, not an fps or a team vs team game and why change something like that when the current product works just fine in it. I much prefer not knowing exactly what's happening it adds a degree of randomness that without the game just turns simple and basically just distracts killer every game to delay time. I wanna have hard endgames and have moments of uncertainty whether or not I should focus on gens or go save the person who is hooked I don't like swf, for this reason, it makes the game simple and boring. (Though I can still enjoy swf because it's fun to play with friends every once in while.) :)

• landromat
  • JustWhimsical
    JustWhimsical Member Posts: 590
    edited August 2021

Wow, thanks for twisting my words, really can count on people on dead by daylight forums to be toxic in every capacity. :)

How does saying my worries = don't like balance, I don't get you, people, at all? Its honestly one of my biggest dislikes about this community, they always disregard other's opinions all the time because they want to be right, but they can't comprehend that sometimes other people don't want to make the game swf oriented and love the surprise and random nature of games. But no you want to make this less random and more know everything all the time. and people agree with you is the funny part, is there nobody that enjoys the random nature?