The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

How do you define a "Win" in DBD?

Out of curiosity, how does the playerbase define a win as a survivor or a killer?

I find that as a newbie killer, I don't really care about getting 4ks outside of rift challenges and adept trophies. So I define a "Win" by how much fun I had in the match. How good were my chases/mindgames. How many people I downed. Often my 4k matches, the survivors still leave the trial with 20K bloodpoints.

As a very slightly more experienced survivor, I judge a win by a similar criteria of how much fun I had in chase. Escape is often the cherry on top. If I can get a couple of good chases, a couple of unhooks, and a gen or two, and I had fun, I count that as win.

How about everyone else?

Comments

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

If I had fun. it's a win

• tortrader
    tortrader Member Posts: 539

The open steppe, a falcon on my wrist, and the wind in my hair.

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 918

A win for me is earning 24K BPs during a trail.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

5 autodidact stacks

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Whoever got the most Stars at the end of the game is the winner.

• SaboBoy
    SaboBoy Member Posts: 32

I'd say killer has a bronze, silver, and gold rank for winning.

Bronze would be anything above entity displeased (ie: getting brutal killer).

Silver would be sacrificing one or two survivors.

Gold would be sacrificing three or all survivors, with bonus points being closing hatch and iridescent badges (forgot what they were called, lol).

On the survivor side, I don't really have a ranking system. I usually go off how much progress I can get done, or who I can save from the hook at the endgame. Idc if I die in the process.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,553

Curiously, there’s always that one guy that does absolutely nothing, yet still wins.

• stikyard
    stikyard Member Posts: 526
    edited August 2021

As survivor, being able to play a match for more than five minutes without being slugged, camped or tunneled is enough for me.

As Killer, you know when you've out played a team. I don't really sweat the 4K and usually give hatch to the last person standing.

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

4 stacks of bbg or wglf is all I need.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

I consider it a win if I get to do, like, pretty much anything that match. Give me a cool play like a triple bonk with Oni and I'm satisfied with a 0k, honestly.

• GenJockeyNance
    GenJockeyNance Member Posts: 687

If I manage to complete the objective of gens and then die, it's a win as long as my teammates escape.

If a teammate is hooked at EGC, I usually sacrifice my life for theirs; that's a win.

As killer, a 3k is a win. 2k is a neither win or lose. 4k is just golden. But yeah all I need is a 3k to feel I won the game. I don't care to slug for the 4k, they get hatch, good on them.

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814

There's levels of how good a win feels.

Getting 0 kills but hooking all survivors once with BBQ & Chili is a Little Win

Getting 0 kills but hooking all survivors twice is a Little Win

Getting 2+ kills only at the very end of the match (because survivors decided to screw around instead of just leaving) is a Little Win

Getting 4 kills off of <6 hooks is a Little Win

Getting 1 kill but the dead survivor is the highest rank in the group is a Good Win

Getting 1 kill but the dead survivor is the one who was clicking, tea bagging, and otherwise making a nuisance of themselves is a Good Win

Getting 2+ kills over the course of the game is a Good Win

Getting a kill on every survivor holding a Flashlights is a Good Win

Getting 3+ kills off of 9+ hooks is a Big Win

Completing a Daily Ritual AND an Archive Challenge on the same match is a Big Win even if you get 0 hooks.

Slugging a Sabotage Team and letting them all bleed out as they think on their obnoxious team strat is a Big Win

Having 1+ survivors DC like pathetic babies when they get downed once and spending the rest of the game helping the other survivors get points and let them escape is a Big win

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Pip, 3k, 4k, escape and over 25k base BP are wins for me

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,897

I think everyone has their own opinions on what counts as a win to them. For me, it's 4 stacks of BBQ and 28k plus BP when playing killer. 20k plus when I'm playing Survivor because normally if I've scored well in a match, I've played fairly well in it. I care more about BP than kills or escapes and I'm not bothered by pips in the slightest, I don't even pay attention to the score screen to see whether I've pipped or not.

• Clowning
    Clowning Member Posts: 886

Honestly, getting a bunch of BPs, 4stacks of BBQ/WGLF AND losing a pip on top of that? Now that's a REAL win.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,385

Survivor: Me and at least 1 other teammate escaped the trial.

Killer: 3k or 4k.

• Gruul
    Gruul Member Posts: 130

18k+ bloodpoints, anything else and you're just asking for high blood pressure.

• Moisette
    Moisette Member Posts: 127

Having fun is a win to me. I'm pretty Altruistic, so if I can save someone I consider it a win. Like yesterday, I was able to save my last teammate even though I sacrificed myself for her to escape. I died, but it was a win to me xD

It's also a win if I cleanse all the totems. I have this...addiction to cleansing them now. I tell my sister "Hold on, I need to snort this totem! -SNORT- Okay!"

• kisfenkin
    kisfenkin Member Posts: 616

Lately, as a survivor, at least 10k and I don't depip and the match wasn't filled with ######### cheaters.

As killer, two sacs and the match wasn't filled with ######### cheaters. If the match went well and I don't kill anyone I'm fine with that, too.

Having fun is more of a win than anything else the game can provide.

The amount of cheating these past two months has been disgusting. I see it at least twice a day! From Bond whores working with the killer to flat out infinite haste, unable to be hooked (the killer cannot perform the hook action because the survivor has hacked something), infinite Dead Hard hackers. Notice how all these situations are SURVIVORS. I've encountered literally dozens of survivors cheating in the past two months. I reported many of them with video evidence, in case you were wondering, but that takes too much time for me to keep doing it for anything less than hacking.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,950

A killer win for me is atleast 4 hooks don't care if I depip or get zero kills

• Kalinikta
    Kalinikta Member Posts: 709

3k/4k or 3/4 man escape based on the role I am playing.

2k/escape is a tie.

0/1 is a loss.

Win or lose the fun of a game isn't solely depending on the outcome, a game can be fun while losing or winning and can be frustrating and less fun while winning or losing. Fun isn't solely based on the outcome you achieve and anyone who plays a game should understand that concept.

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452

Doing cool plays. Getting cool stalks or grabs with Ghostface, doing omega lunges with Wraith, cool Slinger shots, hitting every Spirit phase, you get it.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

When my three teammates are not downed all together because they traded hook while I've had enough time to do 15% of a generator.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

As survivor, If I escape.

As killer, If I kill at least 3.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,120

A pip is a win in my book. Besides it being a 4v1 scenario, my ultimate aim is just improving, learning more, experimenting and being consistent. As a survivor, my aim is to be the best performing survivor as well, but that's also just a personal challenge.

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352

• 4 stacks of WGLF/BBQ

• Having fun

• A really close match

• Using a jumpscare build and knowing you scared the crap out of survivors (This is my favorite)

• KweenPlease
    KweenPlease Member Posts: 305

As a survivor I define winning as Up-pipping for myself. But as a TEAM win we have to get all 3 out.

But also a secondary personal win, if I don't win? Is if I hit the killer with head on. >:)

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,188

More than two kills as killer. More than two escapes as survivor, regardless of whether I escaped or not.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851

Survivor: Pipped & escaped, or pipped and died having an active game of winning chases, being altruistic, and doing objectives. If you black pipped and escaped- Draw. Black pipped or lower AND died, definitely a loss.

‘Killer: Pipped and at least got a 3k. Pipped but 2 escaped, draw. Snow balled the whole team on one or second hook due to their bad decisions? Win. Example- basement trapper or Pyramid Head getting an injured crowd on a gen with Rights of Judgement (?).

• kyogul
    kyogul Member Posts: 491

Killer: 4 kills/3 kills + hatch escape

I only consider it a loss for the most part if I don't get majority hooks, but that doesn't mean it's a win either. I think hooks are more important than kills

• DerpyPlayz
    DerpyPlayz Member Posts: 583
    edited August 2021

This would of been better as a poll but 3k is a win for me. As a surv, even if I die as long as 3 escape I win.

The exception is if somehow 2 people got hatch, then I don't even consider the game as a real game regardless of how well or poor I did nor how long the game lasted.

• MrOogieboogie
    MrOogieboogie Member Posts: 70

As I play survivor 95% of the time, a win is ANYONE escaping by any means. If the killer didn't 4k, the killer lost...I think the entity would agree. That was 1 less sacrifice. 1 less soul to play with and feed on. I will even go out of my way to die, if it ensures someone else is going to escape.

• DerpyPlayz
    DerpyPlayz Member Posts: 583

According to the entity you don't have to actually kill anyone to satisfy it, and sometimes you can kill everyone and not satisfy it either.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

As killer: 3k, 4k = win, 0k, 1k = lose, 2k = stalemate.

As survivor (individual, not as a team): escape = win, death = lose.

I have no idea why so many people care about such accidental things as emblems or bps.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

Any more? If I had fun and/or made enough Bloodpoints in the match. Before I'd say it being a 3 or 4 kill...but ehh I lost care about kills so much

• adirgeforthedead
    adirgeforthedead Member Posts: 424

I share Mandy's mentality in this game. As Killer, I don't care about getting kills and, as a Survivor, I don't care about escaping. I just want the match to feel interactive which is what gives both Killers and Survivors several bloodpoints. I consider it a win since it's basically both sides getting to actually play and enjoy the game.

• SentinelCaptain
    SentinelCaptain Member Posts: 234

Yeah I pretty much use the same scale. The 3/1 ratio.