How to make "no way out" EVIL

Options
Francesco044
Francesco044 Member Posts: 109
edited August 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

So this is my suggested improvement for no way out:

Keeping how it is right now but instead of activating when a survivor touches an exit gate, it activates when an exit gate opening percentage goes to 100%, but instead of opening it will block the switches and leave it to 75%.

In this way there won't be almost any more 99ing exit gates meta that blocks end game collapse from activating.

So like Otzdarva said in one of his videos borrowed time just because it exists, killers are less likely to hit a survivor that just got unhooked, decisive strike just because it exists will prevent most killers immediately pick up a survivor that just got unhooked (that didn't touch a gen etc...),

This perk just because it exists will prevent scenarios like prolonged gameplay in the end game because survivors will 99 exit gates and won't open them unless they are about to escape (and if you are the killer and you are going to open them will let you loose precious time).

It may let the survivor perk that only works if gates are opened (the one that I don't remember right now but it's useless for the 99ing gates meta).

So this change would possibly be useful, what do you think about?

Comments

• PNgamer
    PNgamer Member Posts: 1,415
    Options

no. no way out is fine

• Jivetalkin13
    Jivetalkin13 Member Posts: 746
    Options

I do agree that 99% exit gates can be frustrating, but I don't think using No Way Out or any perk should be the answer.

• UncleStabby
    UncleStabby Member Posts: 837
    edited August 2021
    Options

You can just open the gate yourself as killer, unless you were forced to shut hatch early.

Edit: Though I still and always will hold the believe that 99'd gates should slowly regress their progress.

• Francesco044
    edited August 2021
    Options

Yes, but I mean, it wouldn't change much, but even if you don't have it at least survivors won't 99 gates that often in case you have it, because if they try to open in front of your face and you have the perk, they can't

• Francesco044
    Options

Yeah, I belive too that the gates shall regress if not touched, this helps too.

Anyway, if you open the gates yourself you loose a lot of pressure going all the way to them, also if you have bloodwarden and you take the time to go and open everyone will know you have it and leave without giving you almost any value

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

how does this "solve" 99ing exit gates when it instead punishes those who fully intend to open the gate, and then regresses it?

• Francesco044
    Options

It does, so no one will 99 gates and try to open them just when they need, so if they try and open the 99ed gate after they rescued the last survivor and all rushing and bodyblocking the killer gets enough time to get someone else, and that's all because the end game collapse didn't start, if it started survivors wouldn't have had all that time to do back and forth with healing etc.

So with this, they will be likely to open and start the end game collapse, even if the killer doesn't have this perk because they can't know if he has it, preventing that frustrating situation in the end game where it lasts forever unless someone gets a kill or saves everyone, as I said before it will get sll perks value like the survivor one that works only if gates are powered

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,988
    Options

I think No Way Out is fine in its current state. However, I do want a perk that counters 99ing gates, would make for some fun builds.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,000
    edited August 2021
    Options

I think No Way Out is more than strong enough as it is without this 'anti-99%' tool added to it. It seems like that could be a perk in it's own right.

Maybe something like; If a gate reaches over 90% complete and the survivor disconnects, the next time a survivor attempts to open that gate it will be locked and all survivors will be Exposed for 6/8/10 seconds.

• Seanzu
    Options

No, it doesn't.

Open gate, gate locks off and regresses to 75% and then they could just 99 it again if they wanted, this solves nothing and literally punishes people, if you're the last survivor left, and the killer goes and closes hatch while you're opening a gate the gate then just closes because you decided to open it fully ? how does this do anything but create more problems, 99ing is fine, I don't get why killers are so against it, lol.

• Francesco044
    Options

Yeah, you're right, but if there won't be an anti 99 perk, then this would be the ideal solution

• Francesco044
    Options

No, 99ing isn't good, it's like the counter to the end game collapse, made to stop these situations and other worse from keeping the game up more than it should, like if they 99 a gate they can do everything with all the time they need, and no, a killer opening a gate will cost him a lot of pressure to get all the way to the gates and go back.

For the perk, it justs encourages people to fully open an exit and if you haven't that perk, they open, if you do have this perk, then they can't just open in your face, and they can 99 it again if they want but a killer will already get the value from that situation and will encourage survivors to open them since they don't know if the killer has or not this perk

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380
    Options

No way out is fine as is. It synergizes well with other endgame perks and wastes a pretty admirable amount of time. I Don't think it needs any changes.

• DoomedMind
    DoomedMind Member Posts: 793
    Options

Woah no, I genuinely think it would be too oppressive, 100% it would be meta and in any killer build. Currently the perk is fine, doing well what we ask it to do. Plus would be too much I think.

Same, maybe loosing regression to the point of only loosing 1 light, or just before loosing this light ?

• Leon_Loves_Cheryl
    Leon_Loves_Cheryl Member Posts: 41
    Options

No Way Out needs to block hatch for half of the duration of blocking gates when a survivor attempts to interact with it.

Then it's a good perk imo. It's like right on the edge of being useful

• Seanzu
    edited August 2021
    Options

Counter to end game collapse? EGC only exists to make sure the match ends, it isn't a tool for survivors or killers, and at the points of survivors being able to open the gates, the killer can too, 99ing is fine.

Please explain to me why you need EGC to start as fast as possible, I'm curious.

• Seraphor
    Options

Absolutely 99ing is fine, it's a tactic. But there should also be tactics to counter it. Opening the gate yourself as a killer is one way, with it's own downside, but there's no reason why there shouldn't be others if you're willing to pay for them with a perk slot.

• Seanzu
    Options

It's called bloodwarden, the current No Way Out.

I genuinely think a perk, that locks gates when you open them and then also regresses them is incredibly unhealthy for the game.Survivors finish their objective, open the gates and then get locked in and die?

• Seraphor
    Options

If they haven't opened the gates they haven't completed their objective. Killers can regress gens, so why not exit gates?

• Seanzu
    Options

Did you read the persons description? You literally 100% the gate and it just regresses with no interaction from the killer what so ever, sounds really fun.