How to fix Borrowed Time body blocking

Corns_Flake
Corns_Flake Member Posts: 17
edited August 2021 in General Discussions

Don't know if this should belong in feedback or not but here goes

As a general rule of thumb I always pursue the unhooker to avoid tunneling and play around perks like BT and DS. However, every so often I bump into survivors who would rather force an unhook with BT than wait until the coast is clear.

It can be quite frustrating trying to completely ignore the unhooked person so I'm not punished for tunneling only to end up being halted by the unhooked survivor in a doorway or in the open. I'll wait the 12 seconds, down them, be forced to wait another 48 if I want a hook at all and then get called a tunneler in the post game... with a 3 instead of an e.

Regardless, I feel that much akin to old DS borrowed time is balanced if survivors are trying to use it for the intended purpose. It's there to protect the un-hooked player to prevent them from being tunneled if the killer's nearby or camping. That's why I think BT body blocking should be changed. Being forced to tunnel and then punished for waiting it out via ds isn't exactly fun. (keep in mind I think current ds is fine)

How could this be changed? Unhooked players lose all collision with the killer for 12 seconds while the endurance from Borrowed time is active. This means unhooked players can't sit in doorways or throw themselves at the killer to buy their teammates time and distance for risky saves but can still tank a hit from a tunneling or camping killer. Furthermore, losing collision with the killer means that unhooked survivors are now unrestricted by killer body blocking, so if you're unhooked in basement and the killer tries to body block you for 12 seconds on the stairs to guarantee the down you can just walk right through them and to a loop.

Borrowed time would still fit it's old role of protecting the unhooked but not let survivors force a killer to tunnel. Thoughts towards this proposed change is appreciated :)

tldr: You lose collision with the killer while borrowed is active

Post edited by Corns_Flake on

Comments

• Itslat3ncy
    Itslat3ncy Member Posts: 353

Borrowed wouldn't be a perk then. The whole point is for the unhooker to take an extra hit. Whether to prevent tunneling or to protect the unhooker. Getting rid of collision gets rid of the point of borrowed

• Shirtless_Myers
    Shirtless_Myers Member Posts: 370

Borrowed Time is fine as it is. If the survivor is willing to body block with the endurance, all you'd need to do is wait out twelve seconds. It's not hard to play around unless they're already at a gate, but you've lost at that point regardless.

• Itslat3ncy
    Itslat3ncy Member Posts: 353

BT is not abusable though what are you on about. It's a strat the take a hit just like tunneling and camping is a strat. Both of those are not abusable

• Corns_Flake

I mean as outlined in the post I wait the 12 seconds, assuming they didn't start running to a resource once they realise I'm counting down and then I'm forced to slug if I don't want to gamble a DS. I don't you should be able to force killers to tunnel the unhooked survivor.

• Exxodus21
    Exxodus21 Member Posts: 1,170

Just make it so survivors can't fully body block a killer. Add a knock back feature where a survivor can slow down a killer but, but colliding with the killer causes them to be knocked back and stumble for a few seconds, reducing their movement speed by 10% or 15% until the stumble is over.

• Corns_Flake

You'd still have endurance and be able to tank a hit, I'm not proposing BT endurance be removed but perhaps I wasn't clear enough. I just think you shouldn't be able to force the killer to tunnel via body blocking with bt

• Shirtless_Myers

Then you're gaining pressure regardless, as someone would have to come to get them if you're not picking up.

I see this as a nonissue. It's normally better to get DS out of the game early; if it's later in the game, any pressure is good.

• ImBrakingBike
    ImBrakingBike Member Posts: 454

The only problem I see is for solo Q survivors, as it works now you unhook someone with BT, he takes the hit and you both try to escape. If this is changed you unhook your teammate and become the immediate target for at least 12 seconds. I think SWF may work around this mechanic by coordinating a rescue, but a solo Q would probably just die on the hook because some other player won't risk his chances for this random person

• Corns_Flake

And what of perks like wglf, unbreakable and soulguard if I had a hex up? I'd lose the interaction either way. Getting a down isn't nearly as impactful or certain as a hook. I don't believe I should have to eat a DS unless I'm legitimately tunneling. By eating that DS I lose pressure a slug and a hooked survivor. I just think I should be able to punish a risky play without having to tunnel.

• bibibib8
    bibibib8 Member Posts: 843

The way i counte BT is i count to 12 and hook the guy again. You want to body block i will give it to you but make sure you have DS on if not you go bqck to the hook and i will do a repeat when you get unhook

• Shirtless_Myers

WGLF - Someone had to get off a generator to get them.

Unbreakable - Once per game and rarely used.

Soulguard - You're running a hex that isn't cleansed, why would you complain? This perk is generally only used in SWF anyway.

If they're going to body block, let them. Eat the DS if it's early enough in the match and give them the attention they're seeking since they'd no longer have DS available.

• KweenPlease
    KweenPlease Member Posts: 305

It doesn't need changed. It's a tactic.

It's not like body-blocking as a killer where you get a free hit on us where we can't get away.

We're literally encouraged to take protection hits and OUR PROTECTION HITS are based on ACTUAL SKILL not you locking us into a space we can't move from.

It's one of our only defenses as survivors.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

Im sorry, but this whole game is a “gamble”.

I get that it is annoying when that happens, but considering you can also just stand by the hook force someone to take a hit in order to “trade”, I believe BT is fine in its current iteration.

Not saying you personally go back to the hook because you camp (since I don’t know how you play) but there are those who do. So I do not think this would be a good change because it would just further promote camping. You’ll have killer’s forcing a trade, rendering BT pretty much useless.

No thanks.

• Clowning
    Clowning Member Posts: 886

I think the perk is a fantastic display of something people often seem to forget. Anything that can be abused for an advantage, will be abused. Which is why pausing the wiggle timer when the Killer is close to the hook and other big brain ideas are worthless.

And yes, the term abused is being used rather loosely in this case, though that doesn't change the fact it's a defensive perk that sees a major use in aggressive plays.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

BT is fine as it is now. It lets you do some plays you wouldn't be able to do without it.

If survivors goes out their way to body block you with BT and it annoys you, you are free to down them again and put them on the hook. Its a risk they are aware of.

• KweenPlease
    KweenPlease Member Posts: 305

People who block with it KNOW the risk. I'm sure they'd rather take the tunnel if their saviour has already been hooked twice.

And sometimes you guys do it to yourselves just because you've got bad aim. We're all scrambling we don't know which way everyone is going to go.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

Y'know, if they bodyblock, then it's fair and square to punch them in the face with your weapon, as long as the unhooker is healthy.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209
    edited August 2021

I dont disagree but I do think it promotes some toxic behaviors mainly just survivors thinking that if they just got unhooked they're justified to do whatever they want otherwise the otherwise is the bad guy. Plus if they went ahead with this change it'd help against bubba camping since he wouldn't be able to down you again immediately.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

Your issue isn't BT - it's caring what complete strangers in an online game think of your gameplay.

• Corns_Flake

@Jasix I don't avoid tunneling because I care what survivors think, I avoid tunneling because I don't want to proc 2 anti-tunneling perks and shoot myself in the foot.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

You're the one who said you get called a tunneler in EGC - if it doesn't matter then not even sure why you brought it up.

As a 50/50 player I don't have issues with BT as a killer in the slightest. I rarely hit the unhooked person because I make sure to position myself so I can avoid doing that. I take advantage of killers who don't do this when I play survivor so that they waste their hit on me if I am being unhooked.

• Corns_Flake

@Jasix because I thought the joke of someone exclaiming TUN3LL3r is comical, in character of some survivors and would make the post more entertaining to read

• Corns_Flake

They'd still have the endurance effect, they just don't have collision while it's active