Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Really hoping the new killer is Springtrap.

I used to be against him being in the game, but honestly I think he would be a pretty scary killer to go against, and unique in terms of aesthetic. I think he makes the most sense for a paragraph since the camera man is usually never shown throughout FNaF. I also think that his power could be very fun and choatic to go against if its done right. Hoping that he's like the animatronics in that one fan game where he goes into stealth but you can hear him running towards you. It'd be terrifying to hear.

Comments

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

I'm honestly shocked these discussions are still made. Every single time a chapter release rolls around, people think it's Springtrap. (Aside from last cycle, because last cycle we knew it was Resident Evil.) There is endless fighting on said topics. The chapter releases, and it has nothing to do with Springtrap or FNaF. The cycle starts again two months later

It's endless.

I feel like I'm going insane.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

I remember when the teaser for A binding of Kin came out, someone on the forums made a post on how it was Springtrap in the teaser...

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

To be honest I honestly don't know how I feel about FNAF. I mean it is horror but I'm more concerned about the audience it will bring. Most likely more children since I have seen children like it the most.

If it's done right I guess it's fine. As long as we have a survivor.

But wouldn't the new chapter be original instead of licensed since we have a pattern of once per year.

• Xaggy
    Xaggy Member Posts: 330

I hope it is going to be something like Hillbilly or Oni. Something with a good mobility. There are so many killers with a range attack or killers that hit you through the pallet or even through walls that I am already sick of.

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495
  • YuisPinkBob
    YuisPinkBob Member Posts: 353

No.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

If the next chapter is just a paragraph then it is probably Candyman, Penny, chucky, OR it will be original (which I would love).

Fnaf would be deserving of a full chapter, at least I would hope so ^^ I always thought the og Pizzaria would be a fun map to play on.

Fnaf will be in dbd, I am just not sure it is the next installment.

• Tricksters_Wife
    Tricksters_Wife Member Posts: 545
    edited August 2021

As a big fan of FNAF I would love to see Springtrap.

I think why people think he's not scary, or the game isn't scary in general, is because since the game is marketed towards tweens it doesn't go full out on how scary it actually is.

I have a hard time keeping up with the storyline after the first couple of games but I believe Springtrap has a corpse inside of it? FNAF refrains from the gore and messed up imagery that the storyline actually contains to keep it's PG-13 rating.

But I fully believe if a sentient worn down animatronic full of dangerous machinery and a decaying human body chased after anyone irl with the intent to kill they probably wouldn't say "Springtrap's not scary".

Post edited by Tricksters_Wife on
  • glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015
    edited August 2021

Can y'all just hop off the bandwagon for once, this is ridiculous

I think Springtrap would be coo- oh wait, gotta fit in. Springtrap would be cringe.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,522

I think it could work, but it has to be done right.

FNAF took an extremely "soft" approach after some time, which is honestly infuriating and it completely betrays what the very first game aimed for (or are we forgetting that Springtrap is an insane man who killed children and stuffed their bodies inside animatronic costumes?)

Do it right, and there is potential for a good chapter. Do it wrong, and it will be just as garbage as All-Kill is.

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380

Speculation leads to dissapointment. We'll just have to wait and see.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,757

Well, that makes one of you I guess

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

I pay 10 $ just to NOT get this killer.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

It’s unlikely fnaf would be a chapter since they really aren’t any survivor candidates

• Phasmamain

Tbf there is a decent amount of people who want it. Problem is the other half wouldn’t like it in the game period

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985
  • DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

Which is why I asked for a complete ban on the topic.

It's clearly just going to continuously divide the forum more than it already does with the amount of fighting and arguing it leads to.

So why not just have a blanket ban on the topic completely?

• Phasmamain
    edited August 2021

With how this forum is you’d have to ban half of the killer roster for the same reasons

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

Whenever I see discussions of new killers, few are against seeing Pennywise, Chucky, Candyman, etc. But when talking about FNAF, the discussion becomes bigger and sometimes problematic, as is happening now in some discussions, this is due to the leak of the new killer. But these types of discussions should be forbidden in the forum to avoid problems.

• DelsKibara

Except no one goes out of their way to be as hostile and volatile as these threads.

Sure, the Spirit and SWF threads exists but those are usually filled with apathy or just people dismissing each other. Not outright malicious arguments and insults.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

If that's the case then it's a no from me. No survivor no exceptions.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,395
  • DelsKibara

It's a discussion, the people who I know you're referring to as "hostile and volatile" have not done anything to warrant labellled that way.

However in cases of people like me, I am just honestly getting sick and tired of seeing these threads pop up.

• BuddhaBing
    BuddhaBing Member Posts: 248

Yes, you added some wonderful contribution to the discussion, "Stop."

You know you can just not click the thread right? It's not that hard. When you see the word Springtrap, maybe get a stress ball to squeeze so you can calm down a bit. I know the mere mention of the character is something you personally feel the need to shut down, but trust me, it's not great for your health.

If you want to participate in the discussion, do so, but if you just want to tell people to stop talking about something because you don't like it then yes, I'm going to call you hostile. There are other threads, click on one of those instead.

• DelsKibara

You are aware what happens when someone doesn't come with a dissenting opinion, are you?

I do hate seeing these threads pop up, yes. But I wouldn't want people to start thinking there is any majority in favour of seeing fnaf in dbd. I do dislike the franchise for personal reasons, and even if those same exact reasons would make people uncomfortable or angry at me over it, I would argue their validity are more than someone wanting to just see some dumb robot in the game.

It should be made pretty clear with the constant fighting that the vast majority are not in favour of this chapter, and those who are are just a small clique of people posting in the same threads making it an echo chamber.

• BuddhaBing
    BuddhaBing Member Posts: 248

Oh cool, you have data showing that the vast majority are against this chapter? Where is it? I'd really like to see it. Or are you saying that because you don't want it and assume that other people feel the same way?

"Stop." isn't really a dissenting opinion either. Lay out your points of WHY you think the character doesn't fit DBD. Offering a dissenting opinion is awesome, stomping your feet because someone dared to make a thread about a character YOU (note this is specifically you, you don't speak for the community) don't want.

And this is coming from someone with no horse in the race. I don't care about FNAF, I just don't like when people start acting like children about the mere suggestion of a new killer they don't like.

• DelsKibara

Oh I have.

Multiple times. Multiple reasons. Across several threads. I'm just tired of having to repeat my argument knowing full well people won't listen like last time.

You want proof the vast majority of people don't want it? The very fact that threads like these cause trouble and infighting should really tell you why. And the people who are in the vocal minority for wanting it are usually the same couple of people. I can even recognize them when they appear.

I have given TONS of reasons why I dislike this chapter, including one related to BHVR's own Pride events and their dedication to being inclusive. But if I mention that I am pretty sure I'd get in trouble, so I try not to.

But I am done, I just don't want threads like these to exist anymore. It's clear people don't listen to reason, so shut it all down.

• Phasmamain

Tbf Ghostface has been one of the most popular killers and Bubba has finally become good so I think the paragraphs have been pretty good

Even bill was very influential to this games early success

• DelsKibara

I did, I've tried to listen to them. I've given my counter arguments. I've done ALL OF THAT. And the very fact that they kept ignoring my points despite me presenting my arguments is genuinely infuriating and frustrating.

So why should I give them more of my time and respect? You want my reasons why I think fnaf is a kids game? Social media and youtube especially has shown me that it's still very much kids content, it's one of the reasons why even as an SCP fan I object to it's inclusion of being associated with kids content.

Because this association is strong with fnaf, and unlike fnaf, SCP genuinely has crap that no kid should be interacting with.

You want my reasons why I don't think Springtrap would be a good killer? Aside from the association with fnaf, what kind of power could he realistically have that hasn't already been done by another killer that's WAY better?

And you want my reasons as to why I don't want to see or hear about this topic ever again? Because I don't want a game I associate with a problematic creator to be associated with a game I genuinely love to play despite the amount of frustrations it does give me. This is personal to me, as it shows me that people would herald for a problematic game and it's creator.

I'm not angry purely for the sake for being angry, I genuinely love DBD. And I would like to not see it stained with a property who I think would bring a lot more negative than positives to it.

My reasons may be personal, but my arguments are within reason. Or are you going to attempt to tell me I'm being unreasonable too?

But I'm done with replying in this thread. It's tiring, and believe it or not, people like you are worse for my mental health than worrying about a problematic franchise getting into a game I love for me. I will tell people to stop making these threads yes, but I'm so done trying to argue my case when it's clear no one wants to listen. Despite how many times I repeat it. Including now.