Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

My Thoughts on Springtrap in DBD

Phasmamain
Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Since we are all having this discussion now and the community seems very divided on it I figured I’d give my thoughts on it

First thing I’d like to mention is yes I would like to see springtrap in dbd. I think he fits the games theme and I think fnaf is a popular enough horror franchise to be in DBD. What I wouldn’t like however is for there to be a whole chapter based around it. This is for 2 reasons firstly I don’t want another terrible indoor map and secondly there aren’t any good survivor candidates from the franchise.

Second thing I want to talk about is how springtrap “wouldn’t fit in dbd”. I just don’t see how this is true. Springtrap as a character definitely fits DBD’s darker tone and his appearance isn’t really childish (especially if you see some of fnaf 3’s hidden screens). Even if he was we have killers like clown or trickster who dress up in somewhat childish or colourful outfits so does that mean clown or trickster don’t fit in dbd?

As for his power we are kinda forgetting the powers they’ve made before. Myers is kinda just a man with a knife who stalks people and same with Ghostface yet they made very fun powers out of those characters. Fnaf is a franchise that spams 6 main games so they definitely have a lot to work with in terms of powers and perks.

I just think a lot of people are either misinformed about Fnaf or just simply don’t want it in the game because of the community (which admittedly is pretty bad but that’s not a problem with the games or characters themselves)

Comments

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

The difference with Candyman is because it was fueled from speculation of the fourth anniversary's theme colour being honey and bee coloured as well as that oozing liquid from the skull as well as the upcoming release of the Candyman reboot.

And people haven't really let go of that. Like at all. I know a friend of mine who was convinced Binding of Kin was a rushed replacement for Candyman since the movie got delayed thanks to Covid.

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

From what I saw before, no one wanted Candyman in a long time, they started to love him when it was rumored that Tony Todd was doing indirect at Dead by Daylight and that was during the 4th anniversary.

The new movie will come out next week and now that "FNAF" steals its "hypothetical" chapter, it's like how stressful you can see, If it's not Candyman, there are already 5 chapters that it doesn't turn out to be him.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

if they were to do a chapter/paragraph on it, I hope they go with the storyline of the books as they were more mature.

• MyersIsPantless
    MyersIsPantless Member Posts: 104

well about the survivor, there is an option which is jeremy fitzgerald or mike schmidt. that OR you can make it like Leatherface and just have one killer and no survivor and no map.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,519

I think it could work, but it has to be done right.

FNAF took an extremely "soft" approach after some time, which is honestly infuriating and it completely betrays what the very first game aimed for (or are we forgetting that Springtrap is an insane man who killed children and stuffed their bodies inside animatronic costumes?)

Do it right, and there is potential for a good chapter. Do it wrong, and it will be just as garbage as All-Kill is.

• Phasmamain

Yeah that is what I’m worried about. The first 3 games especially had great atmosphere and story so I hope they stick to them as much as possible

• Phasmamain

I’d say if they were to do it they would go the Bubba route. Easier for them since they don’t have to make a survivor out of nothing pretty much

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

Yeah. I just want a civil discussion about FNAF and people who despise it choose to hop in the conversation to bring in their negativity.

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495

We already got bunnies as a killer though, The Legion gang with the bunny costumes.

I'm messing with you

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

"Were" being the operative word. Nobody's making them all that much. FNAF threads, on the other hand, are borderline spam at this point, IMO. They all start and end the same way, there's no unique perspective, it's all been said and done.

• Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness Member Posts: 1,003
    edited August 2021

You also kept saying Candyman in every post about what the next killer is going to be lol.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,157

We don't need a new post everytime someone wants to share their thoughts on fnaf. This is so obnoxious. Be nice if the mods would start merging all these fnaf threads like they do when people start making multiple posts about things actually in DBD.

• Mr_Madness

Um....yeah there was lot of Candyman discussions around every chapter release ever since the tweets including the Actor even if was not around chapter release dates.

Candyman has the same thing that Springtrap with everyone making a discussion about it all the time.

In this case if everyone spams Candyman no one complains but if it's Springtrap people complain even though he killed a lot and in the non cannon books he is a sociopath.

So again people also do spam Candyman which is no different then spamming Springtrap.

• Mr_Madness

Ironically I actually forgot Legion had Robbie skins from Silent hill lol.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

I would love FNAF in this game but they have to do it right which I don't like it but I have extreme doubts that they would do it right. The last 3 chapters have been rather disappointing and as much as I get excited for the idea of FNAF being in this game,the thought of if the devs would even make it good worries me.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

If the killer is fun to play as and against I don't really care if it's candyman, springtrap, or the poop emoji

• Phasmamain

It’s not about the fact that he disagrees it’s how he literally said he didn’t read my post and that he was tired of fnaf posts which is fair but then why go on the post?

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419
    edited August 2021

Every chapter, for days on end, hordes of FNAF fans come to pander their lazy jumpscare flash game thinking it's on the same level as Candyman, RE or Wrong Turn

It's not. It's an overhyped meme game and I want it nowhere near DBD

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419

This entire thread is about what people want in DBD

That's what every chapter speculation post is about

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

And another springtrap thread. You do realize that making constant threads about the same character over and over again makes people less likely to be accepting of that character right?

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122

If FNAF does come to DBD, I expect a Samination short where one of the Legion plays as a night guard and puts on the Rabbit head/outfit. Also Clown cameo :p

I don't really care if Candyman or Springtrap comes to DBD, but they're both successful franchises and will bring new blood into the game. As long as the power is interesting and the perks aren't terrible I'll be happy.

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052

Yeah, it's bizarre. People seem pretty keen on gatekeeping the horror genre, which is odd. Or freaking out about kids playing the game when they aren't supposed to anyway.

• Beyo
    Beyo Member Posts: 3

I feel like this would be a really good addon to the game, I hope to see him in the game soon and i feel like his power would be something like (Power scream/Burst Scream) Basically it acts just like the doctors power but not just in the direction doctor is facing, it effects all around him in lets say a 10-15m radius, This power will make him scream and when doing so people in the radius will get effected by the scream and freeze for a couple seconds covering their ears, this gives the killer time to find them and catch up

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

I believe a lot of people hate FNAF because at the beginning, the majority of the population who played it was young youth. Thinking that it's not meant for DBD, but they don't want to acknowledge the FNAF lore nor the cool bunny legion cosmetics in DBD.

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052

Even with that in mind, they don't seem to have the same opinion of things they can wear their nostalgia glasses with like Are You Afraid Of The Dark? or Goosebumps (which were undeniably for kids). I'd guess streamers could be another thing, but in that case they'd probably hate Amnesia as well.

But yeah, I agree that there's more than enough to work with for DBD.

• DrVeloxcity
    DrVeloxcity Member Posts: 301

I'm for it. I'd be down for a chapter with just Springtrap + A new map; no survivor.

I agree that there are not many good and notable survivor options.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,395

Wich map do you think it would be the best option? I liked the 1 and 2 games maps, but if i had to pick one i wouldn't know which I would choose.

• YuisPinkBob
    YuisPinkBob Member Posts: 353

I don't like FNAF at all and would not like to have a FNAF chapter in the game.

• YuisPinkBob

So, based on this, why should people care if others want FNAF in the game, if "no one really cares" when someone doesn't want it?

Discussions of adding certain chapters to the game are a matter of wanting and not wanting, it's as simple as that. Everyone is entitled to stating whether they like something and want it in a game or not. It's just people stating their opinions.

• glitchboi

It's super kewl and awesome to hate on things that are popular.

In other words, it's mostly a circlejerk that people partake in.

• glitchboi

Then keep scrolling. You can avoid them, it's not that big of a deal. They're not even clogging the forum, I have no clue why you guys make such a fuss about it.

• YuisPinkBob

Or some people just genuinely dislike it? I've personally never liked it as a game and don't think it's very good, or very well put together, which is why I don't want to see it in Dead by Daylight. I genuinely find it overhyped, massively.

However, I do understand the whole "bandwagon" mentality. For some people, it is trendy to hop onto things that others dislike and say they also don't like them as well. But I do think it should be recognised that this may not always be the case and people may actually just not like the game.

• glitchboi

Don't get me wrong, I respect genuinely disliking it for the games themselves, but there are people out there who tend to hop on the bandwagon because the fandom is "cringe" or whatever.

I get what you mean though.

• YuisPinkBob

I'm not going to add to the part about ignoring it, just about it clogging up the forums.

I personally have seen 3 different threads made, just today, about Springtrap. These 3 were only seen on the first page of discussions and I'd be willing to guess that there are more as you go along. I would also like to point out, I haven't been on the forums very much today so this is quite a lot to see over the short timespan.

Based on this, I can see why people would be frustrated by seeing the same discussion pop up often. It gets tiring to see, even if you don't click on it. Plus it doesn't help that often the same ideas are used for Springtrap, making them very repetitive to read and discuss. I don't think people would mind as much if they saw more varying ideas.

Also, I feel like that if there is already a discussion about a certain topic you want to talk about, you should just add to that one instead of having the same conversations across multiple. This would save people from having to re-read the same or similar ideas across multiple different threads and allow a wider group of people to discuss their ideas. It just seems like common courtesy to me. But maybe that's hoping for too much.