Your favourite Resident Evil game (main series)

Options
Dr_Loomis
Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

It's the latest chapter subject for DBD, but what's your favourite Resident Evil game from the main series?

Your favourite Resident Evil game (main series) 30 votes

Resident Evil
10%
Marc_go_soloDieGräfin[Deleted User] 3 votes
Resident Evil 2
26%
SacrilegeGGI_am_NeganHoodieddoitagain_DBD78SonicOfflineGannTMcormorant 8 votes
Resident Evil 3 (Nemesis)
13%
SnakeSound222adirgeforthedeadGenJockeyNanceShinVibing 4 votes
Resident Evil 4
20%
UistreelDr_Loomishumanbeing1704Lx_maliceInsatiableMopDistortedDream 6 votes
Resident Evil 5
3%
Warcrafter4 1 vote
Resident Evil 6
3%
Apollos 1 vote
Resident Evil 7
20%
DarkMagikCheeseAntonNoOneKnowsNovaBasementDwellerQwQwDr_Gaster 6 votes
Resident Evil 8 (Village)
3%
TacitusKilgore 1 vote

Comments

• Dr_Gaster
    Dr_Gaster Member Posts: 243
    Options
    Resident Evil 7

7 is biohazard right?

• Dr_Loomis
    Options
    Resident Evil 4

Correct.

Sorry was meant to put that in brackets.

• Dr_Gaster
    Options
    Resident Evil 7

Village was fun but I prefer biohazard because in terms of how scary they were biohazard was much more terrifying.

• Dr_Loomis
    Options
    Resident Evil 4

I really enjoyed Biohazard. Superb game. It's second just behind RE4 for me. Very violent too. Couldn't put it down.

Haven't played Village as of yet. Waiting for it to come down in price.

• Dr_Gaster
    Options
    Resident Evil 7

I only played village because my guy jacksepticeye played it.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    Options
    Resident Evil 7

Definitely the best game in the franchise in my opinion.

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052
    Options
    Resident Evil 6

All in all, I tend to like 6 the best.

But I love all of them for the most part. Even Gun Survivor 2.

• Dr_Loomis
    Options
    Resident Evil 4

What made 6 special for you? Genuinely curious.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options
    Resident Evil 2

RE 2 is so special to me. Not sure how more people didn’t vote that.

• Apollos
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Resident Evil 6

It felt like peak Resident Evil to me.

The plot and new characters reminded me a lot of the kinds of scripts we had with RE2, CODE:Veronica, and Zero. Eccentric mastermind in a grand conspiracy, weird shapeshifting madness. The way the plot was pieced together was exciting as well.

With the action so over the top and intense, it felt a lot like what the Raccoon outbreak could've been like with modern tech. It felt as chaotic as RE3 did. I enjoyed the gameplay and the weapons we got too. Interactive bosses like the Ogroman were so fun.

Not everything about it was perfect of course, but I think it did the best it could and I'm always pretty amazed when I come back to it.

• Apollos
    Options
    Resident Evil 6

RE2 is one of my favorites. I can run it with my eyes closed at this point lol

I've been meaning to play the new game for a while. It took me a while to warm up to it, tbh.

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Resident Evil 8 (Village)

I absoloutely adored re4, but village knocked it out of the park. Its got a great aesthetic and some really fun backtracking puzzles, the combat is super awesome and its got some insanely fun unlockables. I beat it first on its hardcore then again on village of shadows. it felt way more resident evil than re7 and the re3 remake. The characters were kinda meh though, but really who plays resident evil for well written characters.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,931
    Options
    Resident Evil

It may not be the best, especially with the tank controls and oldie PSone characteristics, but it does have the fondest memories for me, so it's the one I have enjoyed most.

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417
    Options
    Resident Evil 4

I'd be lying if I didn't say 4. It was the first video game I ever played on the GameCube and I've played it countless times over the years on many different platforms. It is truly a masterpiece of a video game and a must play imo. That being said I also thoroughly enjoy the Re1 remake and the og Re3 which easily follow up in my top 3.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    Options
    Resident Evil 5

It has merc mode and an infinite use one handed machine gun.

Yes both are post game but it has the most cathartic post game in the series with a playable boss Wesker and his famous egg lines.

Plus bolder punching.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    Options

It is hard to decide between re1remake and re4 for me.

• cormorant
    cormorant Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Resident Evil 2

It's a tie between the RE2 and RE3 remakes for me. RE2 was great at building tension at the start, I love how disorienting and claustrophobic RPD is, and Mr. X never failed to inspire dread when I heard his footsteps... but on the other hand, RE3 is so over-the-top and full of action all the way through and I loved that, Nemesis is just so iconic, and I like Jill more than Leon and Claire because I grew up on her RE games and liked her in Marvel VS. Capcom lol. Hard choice.

• InsatiableMop
    InsatiableMop Member Posts: 325
    Options
    Resident Evil 4

RE 4 all the way. I want an Ashley skin for Jill to go with Leon. Fitting for a leon chasing a killer carrying her away.

• Dr_Loomis
    Options
  • GenJockeyNance
    GenJockeyNance Member Posts: 687
    Options
    Resident Evil 3 (Nemesis)

For a second, I was about to say there's more games & my favorite is actually Revelations but then I seen MAIN series.... Aha I'm so dumb. Anyway, I enjoy RE3 the most. Just so intense, I love it. Plus Carlos!! Carlos always needs more love.

Second fave from the list is RE7. Third I suppose is RE2.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,002
    Options
    Resident Evil 2

Hunk

• Apollos
    Options
    Resident Evil 6

I went through the level SFX in RE4 one time and her lines are in every area. I had headphones on. 😭

• Dr_Loomis
    Options
  • Apollos
    Options
    Resident Evil 6

After a while, I always remember that she also voices Sandy Cheeks and it's all I hear lmfao

• Dr_Loomis
    Options
    Resident Evil 4

Replayed/completed Resident Evil 5 (well first time on PS4, played it originally on PS3 back on release in 2009).

Refreshed my memory. I understand why I never replayed it previously and can see why the game is frowned upon.

It really is quite uninspiring. Bland locations, clunky controls and Sheva....oh my word that woman is horrendous. A real pain.

It's not a bad game...but it is the worst in the main series in my opinion.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options
    Resident Evil 2

First and second game will always be the best ones. The newer games is just bad they should have ended RE after Code Veronica.