Jeez...No Way Out vs Last Survivor post-hatch close = EZ 4k

Options
Ghost_Face_Main
Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618
edited August 2021 in General Discussions

I keep forgetting that No Way Out still works after the killer closes the hatch. Because of its recent buff to length, and more specifically, only triggering when a switch is touched, it's such a spit in the face to the last survivor. Not to mention, it also triggers a loud noise notification on the switch that was interacted with. The only counterplay the remaining player could have against this blocker perk is if the map were Hawkins or Léry's, because they would still have rooms or walls close enough to hide behind. Even then, depending on when the switch was touched, the 2-3 minute timer is playing with a switch blocker active for 1 MINUTE.

I'm surprised I haven't encountered any killers using this perk. its EGC potential is nasty.

Comments

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618
    Options
  • Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

I use it. It's definitely not bad. If the gates are close together or the killer has whispers or can travel fast it's over anyway.

I run it as backup in case gens go quickly, I don't care about the 4th survivor and often let them go anyway. Although yesterday I gave a Jake the door but forgot I had NWO so we just had to stand around for a while, was kinda awkward.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,394
    Options

Or the killer could just slug.

A trapper could trap the exits, plague could infect them, other killers are fast enough to patrol both gates etc. On some maps you can see both gates from the same spot or almost. Remember Me is weak, but would still make it almost impossible.

So there were always a lot of oppurtunities to make this unwinnable. But almost nobody did use them for that. Bc you can just slug and dont waste a perk slot.

• Cancan71
    Cancan71 Member Posts: 709
    Options

It's weird that No Way Out block gates for 60 seconds during the end game collapse, but when the end game collapse was introduced, Remember Me was nerfed to 16 seconds.

If this is the way the devs want to design end game perks, then they should have a look at Remember Me again.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 1,999
    Options

Killers don't bring this perk because the scenario you just described is the only one in which this perk can give any good value. It's an end-game perk, meaning for the whole game you will have one perk less. Combine it with NOED - 2 perks disabled for the whole game. Also, if there are more than one survivors left, they will just hide for a minute and then leave while teabagging and laughing "gg ez" at you. It's not as bad as Blood Warden, but the reasoning is the same: Blood Warden is a hell of a perk when it works, but the problem is you won't get it to work in 99% of the games, so it's not worth wasting a perk slot.

End-game builds are generally bad. I tried playing as end-game Wraith with NOED, No Way Out, Remember Me and Rancor for a couple of dozens games. Half of the time I got 4k before the last gen popped, meaning I won perkless and didn't even get to use the build, half of the time I still lost 2-3 survivors who escaped in spite of my blocking perks and NOED. Only once I've done what you described, finishing the last remaining Claudette who triggered No Way Out. Once in about 20 games or so. Completely not worth it in general, although fun when it procs.

• Harold_Shipman
    Harold_Shipman Member Posts: 737
    Options

you're aware that the hardest part of getting 4k is, in fact, killing the first 3 survivors, right?

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

I've found numerous pink keys post hatch close using plunders. Usually get caught still 😅