Making it possible for the survivors to see the gamertag of who they will be facing due to grievance

Options
2»

Comments

• Dinaqma
    Dinaqma Member Posts: 35
    Options
    Master said:

@FangerBoy said:
    So I have had someone harassing me on this game for a year now and nothing has got done. In the lobby the killer can see the survivors gamertags.. but the survivors cant see the killers. I would like for that to be changed so that I won't have to go into a match with a killer who I've known likes to spoil the fun of the game. Please Devs make it possible for the survivors to see the killers name on the screen, so that we can choose not to go against someone that likes to harass us.

How exactly are you harassed/griefed?

Please report that specific player and the devs will bann him. By lobby dodging him, you will just let him harass other players like us. Please remove him from the community, thanks

Reports do nothing.... I get tunneled and harassed by killers a lot.. and devs don’t care.. they all play killer anyway. 
  • FangerBoy
    FangerBoy Member Posts: 22
    Options
    I actuky got tired of the bs and called Microsoft from now on me and my friends will report him. And he will get permanently banned.
  • Gamzello
    Gamzello Member Posts: 828
    Options
    Can’t you block them? Lmao
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

@Dinaqma said:
    Reports do nothing.... I get tunneled and harassed by killers a lot.. and devs don’t care.. they all play killer anyway. 

And how do you know that reports do nothing, exactly? Maybe you're just defining "harassment" as anything you don't like them to do.

• Orion
    Options

@FangerBoy said:
    I actuky got tired of the bs and called Microsoft from now on me and my friends will report him. And he will get permanently banned.

That's not how it works, at all.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@The_Crusader said:

The report system is worthless and you know it.

All of the I've been banned threads on here, Reddit, St4eam forums etc would say otherwise and @orion isn't defending it simply because it's killer sided. Since there's 4 survivors to one killer the chances of it being abused are higher on the survivor side.

Since it would only take 1 person in a lobby to dodge and thus screw the other 3 survivors over along with the killer. Once dedicated servers are out all info will be hosted server side and thus profiles of any kind won't be seen until you're in game.

At which point anyone that dodges will get flagged a lot quicker for basically rage quitting allowing their account to get caught much quicker .

• OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637
    Options
    Orion said:

@Dragonredking said:

@Orion said:

@Dragonredking said:

@Orion said:

@steezo_de said:
    The OP never said he never wanted to play against killers that beat him. Harassment is the issue, not winning or losing.

And this feature would be (ab)used to avoid Killers who beat you (not you specifically, I mean it in the general sense). It's how these things always go.

And we know it to be true, since a long time ago survivor discovered that they could see who was the killer throught steam recently played with user and people where literally getting dodged for having nurses related achievment.
    But for some reason when the dev decided to fix this they did a 360 turn and added the name of the survivor the killer was against as well as a direct link to their profile in the lobby for some unknow reason.

Killers have always been able to see Survivors' names in the lobby. It was never removed because Killers do not abuse this nearly as much as Survivors did.

No
    Not in the lobby atleast.
    Hell even survivor didn't see other survivor username either until the game started or if they used the chat

Wrong. Killers could always see them. It was only Survivors that got the ability to do so later on.

Yea because a rank 20 knows sooo much about what goes on for a survivor , you say they abused it but killers abuse it every day and it sometimes takes forty minutes to find a damn match because of it, I can’t wait till you cry babies get your lobby dodge taken away, this game will be in such a better place than it is right now , killer mains are the whiniest bunch , survival rates under 50%? Well we blame people who dc once in a blue moon for that but all that farming that killers do with survivors doesn’t count towards the survival rate , Ive literally seen this logic on here ; oh and if you are more knowledgeable than a rank 20 survivor isn’t what you’re doing called noob stomping when experienced players stay at a beginner level?
  • OrionsFury4789
    Options

yes.. lets give survivors the ability to duck skilled Killers, and stomp on "EZ" killers even worse. No this wont get abused, truuuuusssttttt theeeeeemm.

But it’s ok for killers to dodge anyone that’s beat them before? Your bias is showing , I’m ok with seeing my character to prepare for items possibly but my name should be hidden till the end , I shouldn’t get harrased or dodged with a ######### message because someone played me before and I popped in their lobby 
  • Orion
    Options

@OrionsFury4789 said:
    Yea because a rank 20 knows sooo much about what goes on for a survivor , you say they abused it but killers abuse it every day and it sometimes takes forty minutes to find a damn match because of it, I can’t wait till you cry babies get your lobby dodge taken away, this game will be in such a better place than it is right now , killer mains are the whiniest bunch , survival rates under 50%? Well we blame people who dc once in a blue moon for that but all that farming that killers do with survivors doesn’t count towards the survival rate , Ive literally seen this logic on here ; oh and if you are more knowledgeable than a rank 20 survivor isn’t what you’re doing called noob stomping when experienced players stay at a beginner level?

1. I'm not a Killer main
    2. You don't know why I dodge
    3. Survivors DC very frequently, to the point that even other Survivors are complaining about it
    4. I don't play at rank 20

Assumptions and generalizations are not equivalent to knowledge.

• OrionsFury4789
    Options
    Orion said:

@OrionsFury4789 said:

1. I'm not a Killer main
    2. You don't know why I dodge
    3. Survivors DC very frequently, to the point that even other Survivors are complaining about it
    4. I don't play at rank 20

Assumptions and generalizations are not equivalent to knowledge.

I’ve watched your stream recently though and if you are a survivor main you never play this game enough to have an educated opinion about what happens at high ranks
  • Orion
    Options

@OrionsFury4789 said:
    I’ve watched your stream recently though and if you are a survivor main you never play this game enough to have an educated opinion about what happens at high ranks

I play both sides. I haven't streamed lately because my headset is busted. I have to go buy a new one before I step into DbD again, for obvious reasons.
    Also, I do play games on my own time, outside the stream.

• OrionsFury4789
    Options
    Orion said:

@OrionsFury4789 said:

I play both sides. I haven't streamed lately because my headset is busted. I have to go buy a new one before I step into DbD again, for obvious reasons.
    Also, I do play games on my own time, outside the stream.

I’ll give you that, it’s entirely possible I’m wrong and you are leveled up on both sides right now , I was just taking jnto account the last stream I saw you do when the new content came out.
  • Orion
    Options

@OrionsFury4789 said:
    I’ll give you that, it’s entirely possible I’m wrong and you are leveled up on both sides right now , I was just taking jnto account the last stream I saw you do when the new content came out.

Well, I don't bother leveling up Survivors unless I want their perks, and I already have all the perks I want on Jake (thanks to the Shrine), so I did not level up any Survivors besides Jake. I'm also mediocre as Survivor at best, meaning my Survivor rank will be much lower than my Killer rank, especially because I prefer stealth play.
    And yeah, a day or so after that stream, while I was playing with my BF, my headset broke. Now sound only comes out of one side.