Legion might actually be good.

Options

The only reason I am thinking this is because people tend to complain about Sprint Burst, Borrowed Time, and other exhaustion perks.
Legion counters the speed gained from Exhaustion Perks extremely well, he moves at 140% Movement Speed when in Frenzy, only 10% slower than the Perk, Dead Hard doesn't matter, he misses that attack, still get hit 2 seconds later.
Borrowed Time is now affected by Deep Wound, so if he is constantly hitting the person who is affected by Borrowed Time, they have to start mending FAST, especially since he has a super small terror radius that makes getting out of chases much easier, but that means your Deep Wound will start to progress.
When I play Meg against Legion, Sprint Burst doesn't do much because of the fact he can catch up SO easily, and he isn't really affected by pallets, just back up and respect the Pallet when the survivor is about to drop it, and if you really feel like it, stop the Frenzy as soon as you are behind the survivor, you won't have TOO much running to do.

Comments

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685
    edited December 2018
    Options

where in the heck did you find a meg you were able to beat using sprint burst? a survivor can outrun the legions power if they are even a small distance away from him when normally running.

• StigWH68
    StigWH68 Member Posts: 22
    Options

Legion is the slowest and weakest kille in the game, waste of money :(

WAY TO WEAK.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Lol no, exhaustion perks WRECK Legion.

Having said that, after my own results game afer game after game and seeing some streamers too, I'm not so sure that Legion is as weak as we first thought.

In fact I'd pick him over killers like Trapper or Doctor at the moment.
    Post edited by The_Crusader on
  • TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    Options
    I always catch sprint burst with legion. Idk what you guys are talking about.
  • Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    edited December 2018
    Options
    The weirdest thing for me is that Ive had matches as Legion, that were enjoyable (lower Rank due to reset and a weird event of me losing Rank and pips desoite safety pipping) as I got to stab people, though with only base perks & 1 perk slot open, I'm not quite going to perform overly well.

I end up with about 1-2k result games (still getting the hang of the speed and screen zooming while on console, a bit jarring/vertigo feeling) and end up doing a lot despite not dominating games....and I end up with MORE BP than I do with my games where I get 4k results (not counting BBQ, other BP Perks and offerings here) nearly 30k in one match where I only secured one kill.

If nothing else at least Legion is fun lower ranked and a BP machine if you can stabby stab people a lot.  Which is negated/diminished the higher you Rank up and go against decent Survivors/SWF groups.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
    Options

Most games I can't catch up to Survivors as much as I'd like but I have has one awesome moment where my Frenzy ended rght by a Feng Min and I was close enough to chase her normally, then she ran into a wall and couldn't turn away in time so I downed her.

I'm having a hard time finding the right way to down people because everyone I watch uses good purple addons and I have all these browns and some yellows, totally different playstyle with those.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

Most games I can't catch up to Survivors as much as I'd like but I have has one awesome moment where my Frenzy ended rght by a Feng Min and I was close enough to chase her normally, then she ran into a wall and couldn't turn away in time so I downed her.

I'm having a hard time finding the right way to down people because everyone I watch uses good purple addons and I have all these browns and some yellows, totally different playstyle with those.

My only thing I need to learn and practice is how to better scout the map and deal with a coordinated team that fully split up and nullify the full use of my ability and end up running around like a mouse
  • RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    Options

He moves at 132% of speed...

• laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406
    Options

He is ONLY viable with purple addons of 3 hits down...

• HatCreature
    Options

@laKUKA said:

Last night I tried out the Cold Dirt and Joey's Mixtape to try and do the stun really close after I inflict Deep Wounds. I got a 4K but I think it only worked because I always caught them out in the open and they didn't even try to loop. Against players who actually can loop this strategy wouldn't work because you could never be fast enough to catch them with a normal hit, I've looped several Legion and they all gave up on me eventually because they were trying this technique.

So yeah, having the addons that make it 3 hits with Deep Wounds is the only way to play him against good Survivors. Maybe if Legion has what Wraith and Spirit have, a small speed boost after using their power, then this strategy could work with canceling your power and then chasing normally.

• N_o
    N_o Member Posts: 28
    Options

@HatCreature said:

@laKUKA said:

Last night I tried out the Cold Dirt and Joey's Mixtape to try and do the stun really close after I inflict Deep Wounds. I got a 4K but I think it only worked because I always caught them out in the open and they didn't even try to loop. Against players who actually can loop this strategy wouldn't work because you could never be fast enough to catch them with a normal hit, I've looped several Legion and they all gave up on me eventually because they were trying this technique.

So yeah, having the addons that make it 3 hits with Deep Wounds is the only way to play him against good Survivors. Maybe if Legion has what Wraith and Spirit have, a small speed boost after using their power, then this strategy could work with canceling your power and then chasing normally.

They just need to make Franks mixtape built into his base kit. Then rework the addon its self to have a different effect. That would be the best place to start. Honestly i shouldnt have to use a purple addon for his power to be effective vs survivors who arent brain dead.

• HatCreature
    Options

@N_o said:

@HatCreature said:

@laKUKA said:

They just need to make Franks mixtape built into his base kit. Then rework the addon its self to have a different effect. That would be the best place to start. Honestly i shouldnt have to use a purple addon for his power to be effective vs survivors who arent brain dead.

Exactly, I think they said they might do this in the stream they just had. I don't know if they said they are doing it or might be though. But you're right, the Deep Wounds is awesome but this change needs to happen so we can close the deal.

• SuperPrincessChaser
    Options

I personally like playing them a lot and have had some success so far. I feel they're better than people give them credit, but they do need a buff. I honestly think 115% movement speed should help dramatically. On the topic of their Add-ons, I've actually been having more success with yellow and brown add-ons than purple. Movement speed and duration of Frenzy are what I've been focusing on as I have only downed using the power to hit a Survivor a total of once, feel it takes a lot longer than attacking once, keeping close and ending the power to continue chase that way. So I feel they are better than people think, but still weaker than they could be.

• Morfedel
    Morfedel Member Posts: 230
    Options

so I'm a little newer to the game, but Ive never understood how anyone can endlessly loop the killer; killer is always faster AND gets the... whats it called, blood something, where you start going faster after awhile during a chase? Anyway, seems like unless you break line of sight its a losing proposition.

• SuperPrincessChaser
    Options

@Morfedel said:
    so I'm a little newer to the game, but Ive never understood how anyone can endlessly loop the killer; killer is always faster AND gets the... whats it called, blood something, where you start going faster after awhile during a chase? Anyway, seems like unless you break line of sight its a losing proposition.

I've played a bit when it first came out on PS4 but got REALLY hard into it when it was free on PlayStation Plus and, even though I reached Rank 1 on both sides, I still have this problem. I can't loop to save my life, literally. Makes me double frustrated when I go against a Survivor who can do it for days. I've managed to run a Killer around the entire map but they still always get me in the end.

• Morfedel
    Options

@SuperPrincessChaser said:

@Morfedel said:

I've played a bit when it first came out on PS4 but got REALLY hard into it when it was free on PlayStation Plus and, even though I reached Rank 1 on both sides, I still have this problem. I can't loop to save my life, literally. Makes me double frustrated when I go against a Survivor who can do it for days. I've managed to run a Killer around the entire map but they still always get me in the end.

I'm so so at it myself. I definitely need more gitting gud going on, but I'm not the worst.

• BloodyNights
    BloodyNights Member Posts: 526
    Options

@Morfedel said:

You don't actually loop the killer endlessly. However you can do like lets say 2 loops before tossing a palette down, and then run to the next one and repeat this process for as long as you can until you either manage to lose the killer, they give up and go and guard their gens, or you eventually fall. In truth if a killer wants you dead, you are pretty much going to die because they will eventually catch up to you. But good players can keep the killer so distracted that if they don't check on the gens that the game will be over because of a single chase. I personally give up long chases quite quickly in favor of going after either weaker players, or catching that really good player at chases somewhere else where there isn't any pallets anymore, so they can't hide behind them while I patrol gens.

• Morfedel
    Options

@BloodyNights said:

@Morfedel said:

You don't actually loop the killer endlessly. However you can do like lets say 2 loops before tossing a palette down, and then run to the next one and repeat this process for as long as you can until you either manage to lose the killer, they give up and go and guard their gens, or you eventually fall. In truth if a killer wants you dead, you are pretty much going to die because they will eventually catch up to you. But good players can keep the killer so distracted that if they don't check on the gens that the game will be over because of a single chase. I personally give up long chases quite quickly in favor of going after either weaker players, or catching that really good player at chases somewhere else where there isn't any pallets anymore, so they can't hide behind them while I patrol gens.

good point. I've just a couple days ago started playing killer, and I begin to see your point; I'm surprised some of these survivors are rank 20, because they seem to have the tactics down cold, keeping me endlessly looping, chasing, and they get gens done.

I'm finally learning that for myself, break off to stop gen rushing...