The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I can't take the DC anymore...

MisterNone
MisterNone Member Posts: 3
edited August 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

So there I was, playing Ghostface, hoping to get a 4k mori for my challenge from Tome V, "With Any Means," where you have to kill all survivors using any means. I was on my 6th attempt as the last 5 using ebonys hadn't gone well. This attempt was going well. 3 gens left, two survivors already mori'd, with the other two already on last hook. However, as soon I downed one, they both left. I won and got merciless killer, but didn't get the challenge done since they left.

My question is... why Behavior, why? Why can't you count dc'ing survivors as a "kill?" Why do I have to deal with them and get nothing but a few bloodpoints in return because they were salty?

I'm just generally asking. That's all. Thank you for reading.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• MisterNone
    edited August 2021

Look, I only use moris for challenges. I only tunnel when I have no other option, and camping is only a go when you're basement trapper, which I never play. Plus the map was on Hawkins, which one of the survivors threw an offering in for. My play was not dirty, as I like to give ALL the survivors a chance.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152
  • MisterNone

does no one read my forum? i said all you get is the quitter bonus, which is like 600 per survivor, you don't get a kill or anything else for the dc

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069
    edited August 2021

You have no right to claim knowing how other players play.

Even if he camps and tunnels, its no reason to DC.

• Anti_Alpha
    Anti_Alpha Member Posts: 63

I'm 99.9% sure that you don't even need to mori people to complete the challenge. Sacrifices work as well.

At least I can't remember using a Mori when I finished that particular challenge.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,692

Probably not - It gets in the way of them assuming you're playing scummy or whatever other narrative they're forming in their heads.

Your low post count indicates that you are new, so here's some advice:

-Regardless of what role you play/both, people will put words in your mouth/create false narratives/etc instead of actually addressing most of the things you post and/or any real issues.

-Play how you want at all times - You've already witnessed how people will attack your gameplay regardless of the facts/reality. It's generally best to ignore their statements and opinions, as they're not worth the paper they are printed on.

Welcome to the Forums - It's pretty good/useful most of the time, but it's nice that you experienced this kind of reply/frustration early on so you can keep it in mind for your future topics and conversations.

• chaxp
    chaxp Member Posts: 3

you don’t need to use a mori for that challenge lol

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

Big assumption holy heck. You don't know how the match went.

Even so, killers can play how they want and survivors can play how they want, but at the end of the day when someone hits ready it means you are ready to see the match through.

DCing is the only scummy thing, not how others choose to play the match. Grow up.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152

Increase points equal to sacrifice sure but not points leading up to sacrifice. When killer DCs Survivors only get escape through gate points, not points leading up to escape. Include points that lead to escape for survivor when a killer DCs then you can include points that lead to sacrifice for killer.

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,374
    edited August 2021

I personally think moris are seen as toxic by many survivors. Apart from that, I just think a lot of survivors are sick of the way a lot of killers play and that frustration kicks in and they just leave the match. People want to have fun and things can turn unfun fast in a match. Not saying you played any particular way OP. I'm just saying there are survivors that simply do not like how many killers play this game and find it not worth their time to stay in a match thats just going to make them hate the game even more.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

That's because if survivors got full points leading up to the escape, as soon as the killer quit, you'd have "charitable" killers disconnecting from matches just to give away points

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,737

Once you mori'd the second survivor, and there's no Devour Hope in play, the other survivors prolly realized you had an iri mori offering up and dc'd out of spite to avoid it.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Yeah, DCing on both sides sucks. It is especially petty when you do it to deny others an achievement. I recently had a Myers going for his Evil Incarnate trophy. And he had two of us left and one dude just sat in the locker. I finished the last gen and dude just sat in the locker. Like who cares. So I walked over and let Mikey kill me.

Spectated a bit, but dude would not leave locker, so I moved on to the next game.

If you are on the forums, I hope you got your achievement.