Least favourite chapter?

Options
ZonkyWizard
ZonkyWizard Member Posts: 568
edited August 2021 in General Discussions

Chapter 18, A Binding of Kin for me. What about you?

Comments

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,784
    Options

Like you, Binding of Kin.

A killer I'll never use.

A survivor I'll never use.

4 perks that I'll never while we have one perk that's good for chest builds and one perk that's good for slugging builds.

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495
    Options

Probably darkness among us, at first I was super hyped, then after playing it I got really bored

• ZonkyWizard
    Options
  • DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495
    Options
  • ZonkyWizard
    Options

I actually don't mind the All Kill chapter, was fun when it came out

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,414
    Options

Darkness Among Us.

Weird subversion of all the expectations from the teasers, 4-in-one killer turns out to be “haha knife go brrr” with an obsession with their hands.

Legions exploiting the first deep wound version, with the backwards chase to ensure a down within a set amount of time. Unbeatable, no. But infuriating as all hell.

Jeff, in my experience, is one of the least played survivors, and I see his perks even less.

Absolutely massive map that even was disabled for a while not that long after its release. (Huh.)

At least Discordance is nice.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025
    Options

Chains of Hate by far. The only reason why is Deathslinger xd

• ZonkyWizard
    Options

Also thought the name Trickster didn't suit the killer itself

• ZonkyWizard
    Options

His chapter was loads of fun when it came out, I remember one thing tho and that was my first survivor game of the day against a Deathslinger who brought in a pink mori. I just went up to him and asked to get mori'd just so I could see how his mori was gonna look like

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,921
    Options

"Ghost Face", for the simple reason it was a Paragraph falsely disguised as a Chapter.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 1,999
    Options

Getting the RPD map was much worse than not getting any at all.

• CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882
    edited August 2021
    Options

Ghostface, it isn't even a chapter. I hated how the devs tried getting away with calling Paragraphs, Chapters. Some may say this is unfair but the devs called it a chapter so I'm judging it as a chapter.

The killer was broken at launch and still is (the reveal mechanic has never been fair, not even once. Nothing is more aggravating then centering Ghostface in the center of your screen looking at him for 3 seconds just to get exposed).

There was only one good perk the entire chapter, Thrilling Tremors, everything else was either okay or Furtive Chase.

The devs didn't even try hard enough to get license to the movies, just the mask itself (which is not why we liked Scream, it's not the mask it's everything else), leading to a disappointing license (many people including myself wanted Sidney Prescott, but it might never happen).

And the worst part is, I think Ghostface basically killed the Paragraph game because of the backlash but it all stemmed from the devs doing a rushed and terrible job the 3rd Anniversary Event (for people who weren't around then, trust me, the 5th Year Anniversary was one of the best events ever made in comparison to 3rd years "event")

Edit: His perk in Thrilling Tremors, not Corrupt Intervention. Oops

Post edited by CheeseAnton on
  • GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,414
    Options

Don’t forget how he was accidentally revealed before he was even teased.

• HellraisingPredator
    HellraisingPredator Member Posts: 75
    Options

Probably chains of hate. I'm not a particular fan of the killer, survivor or map but worst of all was the teaser which left me blue balled thinking it could be Pinhead.

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380
    Options

lets be real here. Flesh and mud was a disaster for the human race. Hag and ace are pretty nice, but hag on launch was a CIA torture scheme and the swamps have eternally been a map devised by satan himself

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,158
    Options

I would've said all-kill not too long ago, but I've actually come to appreciate Trickster & Yun-jin a lot more. Same with their perks. The buffed no way out is one of my favourite perks in the game now.

Binding of Kin takes the cake for the absolute worst. It fails in basically everything it set out to do I think. Elodie is the only redeeming part of it

A broken (as in doesn't function properly) killer power that conceptually is extremely original. Twins is the first killer that allows the player to actually control two seperate entities. It's just a shame that they are so broken and unfun to both play and play against (IMO of course)

Their perks are also so hilariously bad. Oppression being the only one worth using

• JacksonWise
    JacksonWise Member Posts: 651
    Options

If we are just talking about content of the chapter (not which chapter broke the game the most), I say Nightmare on Elm Street.

Freddy was a bottom-tier killer for years. He's much better now, but is kinda boring and one-note for me. Quentin is a very boring and forgettable survivor skin, in my opinion.

Almost all perks from both sides are borderline useless. Only redeemable ones are Bloodwarden and Pharmacy, and even then they're still a bit niche.

There are certainly worse maps than Badham Preschool, but how good of a game you have as killer all depends on how much survivors abuse the main building and the house of pain.

I would say Darkness Among Us, but Jeff is my survivor main soooooo...

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

All kill

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

Resident Evil

Mediocre Killer with the WORST map in the game

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

in its current state:

A Binding of Kin.

in its original state (prior to any balancing / changes):

Darkness Among Us.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,013
    Options

Binding of Kin

Ghost Face

All-Kill

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options

Binding of Kin.

Trash perks.

Annoying sounding survivor.

Annoying killer to face.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 537
    edited August 2021
    Options

Binding Of Bug

• Fobbo
    Fobbo Member Posts: 452
    Options

Shattered bloodlines

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

Last breath is pretty bad imo

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618
    Options

IG he was a chapter for the fact he was an Anniversary release? I'm still confused to this day about that too.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250
    Options

All-Kill but only because there was no map and the Trickster didn't feel good to play at the start.

Other then that I really do love that DBD did a celeb psycho killer. Why everyone hates it because its k-pop theme is beyond me. I don't listen to K-Pop myself but still a cool concept.

Makes me wonder if it was not k-pop if the chapter would have been more popular.

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618
    Options

Ghost Face doesn't need the Scream license to be good. IMO, it was better off that only the mask was acquired if it meant they could create an original character of their own beneath it. As far as I'm concerned, Ghost Face was one of the most requested killers in the game, not particularly one the 7 killers who donned the mask. If you think he is still broken since launch, be grateful he wasn't stuck as his 2nd PTB iteration. Current GF is just slightly inconsistent across both sides.

• A_Can_Of_Air
    A_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 2,021
    Options

Halloween

Just kidding.

Probably Binding of Kin. It came just after the horrible Halloween event and really soured my mood with the game over all. Twins was a promising Killer with a very unique mechanic but just ended up coming out unfinished, and by the time the bugs that came with it were fixed, and the Twins buffed, it was too late. I love Twins as a character and would love to main them, but Victor is annoying as ######### to use. They came with no map, their cosmetics are different shades of brown and the only good one is paid only and linked.

Binding of Kin as a whole just feels like the embodiment of a rushed chapter with wasted potential.

• Phasmamain
    Options

Yep it was. Nurse is still the worst idea for a killer they’ve done, Disturbed ward is just awful and Nea is boring

• Phasmamain
    Options
  • gnehehe
    gnehehe Member Posts: 510
    edited August 2021
    Options

Worst chapter in my opinion: "Binding of Kin" ... by far!

• unfun killer to play as and to verse, awful design (esp the annoying gnome), ######### perks overall
    • Okay Survivor with okay perks
    • No new map

Other pretenders:

• "Resident Evil": all the bugs/crashes, another boring indoor map, "PHead 0.5" ... but at least we got cute Jill and fun perks on survivor side
    • "Of Flesh And Mud": unfun killer to play as and to verse, broken design ... but at least we got Mr. Daddy Ace
    Post edited by gnehehe on
  • BabuDweet
    BabuDweet Member Posts: 556
    Options

A Binding of Kin.

That chapter nearly made me stop playing for good. Horrible killer and meh survivor. Plus all the bugs with that chapter update.

RE chapter was pretty bad too imo.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,921
    Options

I mean, I get that they couldn't get all the rights, yet the fact that they carried him on as not even a killer from "Scream", but a random guy from another universe who just so happens to wear a mask was perplexing. Also, no Sidney Prescott :(.

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672
    Options

Of Flesh And Mud. Boring killer, boring survivor, boring map, and mediocre perks.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,793
    Options
  • CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882
    Options

Imagine if the Resident Evil chapter was just a killer being a Zombie from the game (not even one seen from the games, a random BHVR original zombie), that's why the Ghost Face chapter was a big disappointment. When people wanted Ghost Face they meant a killer duo we never seen in the game before, they just hadn't specified it so they got "Ghost Face" (at least, that's what I wanted). People also wanted Sidney, people still want Sidney (as evident from the constant fan cams on DBD's Twitter).

What we got was a Stealth Killer... we didn't even get an original survivor, why did Ghost Face get to be original but we couldn't even get a Survivor with him? Maybe an original survivor who's a vigilante that's been tracking and trying to stop Ghostface because he was a failed first attempt (Ghostface's First Victim, and his only Survivor). Maybe a worker at Danny Johnson's last job who was the person that found the note at his desk and went to Danny's house to investigate just to be taken. Even Carl the Cashier could've worked, I know he's a bit of a meme but it would at least justify this paragraph being called a chapter.

And him being even broken before launch doesn't change the fact he's still broken, all that happened was a Band-Aid was put on a chopped off arm. I don't wanna settle with the fact that he's better than he was, he shouldn't be this inconsistent at all!

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452
    Options

All Kill. Useless killer on console, Yun Jin has a super obnoxious voice and not even a map rework during the release. The only cool thing were the perks.

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428
    Options

Though I'm fine with Ace, Hag gone go ######### herself.

The most "meh" chapter I think for me is probably All-Kill, that chapter is just a big shoulder shrug for me. :/

• GenJockeyNance
    GenJockeyNance Member Posts: 687
    Options

All Kill. The only good thing to come out of it was Yun Jin & her blue dress. Idk why the devs insist on giving her atrocious cosmetics after her release.

Trickster is just meh. He's more of a nuisance now since his slight changes. I just don't like playing against him, I'm bored every time.

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184
    Options

All-kill is still more iconic than most chapters and Yun-Jin is an extremely well liked and played survivor sorry you didn't get your faves maybe next time xoxo

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184
    Options

Tbh Chains of Hate. A cowboy map just really was never a good aesthetic, never liked deathslinger power or design wise, Zarina had potential but they made her face like REALLY shiny for some reason. Plus no good new perks so overall disliked for me but I can't say I hate any chapter since I think all of em came with good stuff.