How do you deal with a Starstruck nurse?

Options
Pilot
Pilot Member Posts: 1,158

Especially on smaller maps, I'm genuinely asking.

For some reason, I've faced a few in the last couple of days which resulted in all games lost. I for one, tend to hide a little more whenever I'm exposed by the perk & play safer.

However, I can't peel for my teammates, it's impossible. My teammates go down in mere seconds, 3-5 blinks later and they're down. I'm very used to nurse in red ranks so I'm quite adept at going against her. I tend to run Flashbang more cause of this since it's pretty strong against Nurse & this build in general.

I've had 2 of my teammates go down under 10 seconds, multiple times.

Are there any other tips / tricks I should know? I don't own the perk, nor Trickster.

The usual perk build consists of:

• Infectious Fright / Surge / Undying- Optional.
  • BBQ / Ruin / Pop - Optional
  • Starstruck - Mandatory
  • Agitation - Mandatory

The 2 optional perks can be flex perks, due to the simple fact, well.... it's a nurse + exposed status for 30 seconds.... Infectious would be the most common due to the fact you can down someone with the exposed status & then blink to another in mere seconds and possibly down them.

The worst part of Starstruck + Agitation is that as soon as you pick up the survivor, Agitation activates first then Starstruck, thus you get a larger terror radius first then u expose everyone around you. This is pretty unavoidable. Depending on where on the map she picks up, this can be insanely strong. Not to mention, you can drop the survivor & starstruck will still activate then immediately go on a cooldown, resulting in more uptime. This tactic can be used for Slugging builds & Slugging in general.

I've got very far away from the downed survivor but the exposed status still hits me, it's insane. I swear it covers 2/5 of the map. If it's a small map, it may as well cover 2/3 of the map or 2/4 of a map.

Why is it so strong? Because it's an insta down. Normally, a nurse would have to hit a survivor, fatigue, blink again and hit them again, and they'll have to deal with Dead Hard for the most part & other variables, such as survivor being lucky, getting a good read, hitboxes cucking your hit, etc etc...

Do you want to stay injured? You're gonna be 1 hit then but you'll have dead hard. If u are healthy you can take a hit & then you'll have dead hard, but ur gonna get one shot from starstruck if it exposes you & can't use Dead Hard. Mainly using Dead Hard here since it's the most common perk & one of the strongest perks against a Nurse.

Comments

• Sackboy123
    Sackboy123 Member Posts: 465
    edited August 2021
    Options

Calm Spirit being one of my favourite perks, don't remember the last time I got killed due to Infectious

Starstruck has never got me before, unless I ran into them by accident

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442
    Options

Avoid it by running away immediately after the survivor was downed and find a locker to avoid BBQ if possible. Or you can risk it and stay near but play safe. In any case if someone get the exposed effect from starstruck its your own fault for being to close.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    Options

Play in a 4 man SWF with people who aren’t brain dead survivor players. That’s about your only option.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

Have not gone up against one. Out of all my play time which is 1000+ hours I only gone up against fewer than 5 real good nurses.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699
    Options

Ik. It's why I play in a 2 man swf. Sometimes with no coms.

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

A good enough Starstruck + Infectious Nurse is basically impossible to get away from.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

You cry

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

I don't think it's impossible to beat, but it does require coordination. It reminds me of some Hag builds like Mint Rag + Make Your Choice. You absolutely need coordination to have a chance, so if you run into one of these builds in solo queue then you're screwed 95% of the time.

P.S. I don't even think these builds are OP. It's just that most Survivors are not smart enough to understand how to play against them.

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452
    Options

Faced this build two times in the same day on Midwich.

Nothing really you can do. A good Nurse is gg, especially if you're solo queue and can't coordinate where teammates go down and staying separated. But supposedly Nurse's fine because she takes like 2 days of learning and people think she's the hardest thing you can learn on your life.

• Dr_Gaster
    Dr_Gaster Member Posts: 243
    Options

Give her your autograph, she's obviously starstruck because she met someone so awesome.

• Zokenay
    Zokenay Member Posts: 1,158
    Options

This alone is the sole reason i firmly believe Infectious Fright should have a CD.

Either that or freaking rework Nurse so she isnt the most oppressive killer in the game by far.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

Like any other nurse, with tears and salt