The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I'm SO SICK of the lack of quality of life features & the grind getter harder in this game...

Pilot
Pilot Member Posts: 1,158
edited August 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Nothing is being done.

Jack ######### quality of life features, nothing about the grind being lessened. No advanced graphics, no FOV slider, no key changes, no perk overhauls, no reworks. I'm honestly having a better discussion with the bloody brick wall outside my house.

No news, no nothing.

I was originally going to make a very detailed post but I'm honestly too burned out to even try at this point... 3 Weeks of Anniversary Cakes & 2x Bloodpoints and I'm still missing perks and some of my characters are not maxed out. I forced myself to play to work on getting stuff done but all this did is burn me out even more... I had to work during those events to get the characters that I play to max & with all perks so I can enjoy them afterward.

So you can get an idea, I've spent roughly 5-6 million Bloodpoints on Myers alone to get BBQ tier 1. I've spent millions more trying to get it to rank 3. I'm honestly about to fold. Why? I'm STILL MISSING PERKS

We're gonna get a new killer & survivor soon and things are gonna go like normal. More money to spend, more time to grind out the perk, more time to max out the characters if you're gonna ever play them. Did I mention the new overpriced cosmetics?

I'm tired of making feedback posts and nothing being done. I'm tired of looking at excellent ideas & suggestions and them being discarded for years to come.

I'm so tired of having expectations of this game & nothing being done. Pisses me the bloody hell off.

I want changes & I want them till the end of the year. And yes, I know I'm burned out and I need a break.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

Underrated thread

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

They really should just do away with perk tiers all together. Back when the game launched it made sense but now. There are so many perks the grind will still be substantial without tiers. However they aren't going too because the more grindy a game is, the longer you have to stay. The longer you stay the more money they get out of you.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,199

No improved graphics: literally just redid all survivor models and have been redoing maps for the past year.

No FOV slider: and there's never going to be one, it would be pointless.

No perk overhauls: constant perk reworks.

I completely agree about the BP and perk grind though.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,014

Yeah I'm pretty angry at them, I'm annoyed about how silent they are to their community. Like bro c'mon respond, give us more info, consider our suggestions.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

I propose a massive Bubba-facecamping-first-hook protest against the grind. From now on pick a Bubba and facecamp the first hook. If it gets massive enough, they will eventually notice that something is wrong with this game.

• SloppyVoldemort
    SloppyVoldemort Member Posts: 452

I fully agree. The grind is insane.

The event and bloodhunt just showed how abysmal the grind in this game is. Imagine being a player that just started and wants to unlock a few perks. BP log in gifts or codes expire as well, so good luck getting a few perks on a few characters if you don't keep up with the codes (and not every code is even tweeted by the DbD offical twitter as well, but are posted on a discord and THEN need to be posted on here too).

I wish they just did give out BP way more often. I mean, if you're too stubborn to change it and not going to remove perk tiers, at least give us something to work with.

I will not recommend this game because of how stupid the grind is getting with each chapter and then getting those new perks on all chars you own too. It's ridiculous.

But tbh, nothing is gonna change. Let's be real, they work so slow on this game, the first time we see anything change is when the game is 10 years old.

• BrodieDBD
    BrodieDBD Member Posts: 125

IKR. It's sad to think that if a BIG dbd competitor game came along, all these things would be done in an instant and we would have a much better game. But with no competition the devs can just do the bare minimum and people will keep playing.

• Pilot
    Pilot Member Posts: 1,158
  • SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Would like to see individualistic challenges for each tome/chapter.

Killer cosmetic - Sacrifice x number of survivors on a specific map.

Survivor cosmetic - Escape on a certain map x number of times

And so on

Actually give us challenges and targets instead of dreary grind that we currently have. I pay 0 attention to the rift, ain't worth Jack to free players nor do I play remotely enough to do well on premium. Its been the same system for a long time and its pretty boring tbh

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Yes, I want something like those challenges too. Make us want to play specific characters more and reward with BP or cosmetics for them.

BP, perk and prestige grinds are cute, but they arent really that fun after a while. The game after this event got very stale for me and it feels like nothing I grind for makes any progress or sense

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,657

And if you just level up killers that you enjoy playing instead of getting certain perks to help when 4 gens go by in 4-5 min playing killer can be a chore once you get to purples. I know because I did this and to add insult to injury I've only got ruin on 3 characters after I got it plague hang and idr the third

• AnnaEliza365
    AnnaEliza365 Member Posts: 141

I agree mostly, but this game shouldn't have a FOV slider. If you use stretched res you're cheating, period!

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294
    edited August 2021

There shouldn't be FOV slider, you have perks to do it. There were key changes (not enough tho), there were reworks for add-ons / killers (Wraith is really nice to play after those buffs) and it's not true there weren't any graphic changes (new animations, new survivors visual)

Most changes lately were good, problem is that they are slow, but better than nothing I guess. We will see how their new branch - User Acceptance testing is going to be usefull...

I have kinda everything I want after 1k hours, but I don't really care about Prestige, but I agree that grind is huge and it is going to be only worse with each new DLC. They improved new players experience with tutorial... Well, should have make this game less grind instead. I would gladly suggest my friends to play this game, but I can't really because I know they will not have time to grind all of it. We have to pay for every new killer / survivor, so this game, if you want everything is quite expensive and on top of that is this insane grind...

I really liked idea from user Pirate to help with grind. Easy to implement and would help a lot.