Devs fix dead dawg

Options
Itslat3ncy
Itslat3ncy Member Posts: 353
edited August 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Put that wall back oh my god. It's a literal infinite. I looped a nemi and made him DC because of how broken it was

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• InsatiableMop
    InsatiableMop Member Posts: 325
    Options

did a breakable wall get removed or something?

• Itslat3ncy
    Options

Yes the breakable wall that leads to the god window is now open so it's a infinite

• InsatiableMop
    InsatiableMop Member Posts: 325
    Options

lol neat

• Itslat3ncy
    Options

The wall in the trap room is what in talking about

• Woodywool
    Woodywool Member Posts: 622
    edited August 2021
    Options

Well, you can break a wall that leads you to a balcony.

Yeah, it kinda sucks that now killers need to break 2 walls (instead of only 1) to remove "infinite loops" but IMO it creates more gameplay moments for both sides in a good way. Before, this place used to be ONLY for a deathtrap, if the killer has perk called "Bamboozle". Advanced people knew it and didn't ever vault here.

Now, people use this tile and make a small room to be playable. I think that is great.

• TattooJake
    TattooJake Member Posts: 158
    Options

Couldn’t have said it any better. I let that gen go EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. That building is not worth chasing.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

It's not even the infinite my dude it's the fact you have to take time to travel all the way up there it's literally not worth the time you will lose if you protect that gen

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

I agree actually. They should nerf the Saloon and buff the rest of the map to compensate. Right now there's way too many unsafe pallets and dead zones that you pretty much have to use the Saloon as Survivor.

• Itslat3ncy
    Options

It is an infinite. You cant bloodlust even if you break the other walls. You shouldnt have to say no to gen right away to a certain area

• GhostMaceNotCrusty
    GhostMaceNotCrusty Member Posts: 716
    Options

Did they remove the gamer room?

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497
    Options

Should I assume they removed the wall that would let them get the fast vault?

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,256
    Options

I agree but overall it's not good to have untouchable spots on maps or complete deathzones in maps either. I feel there should be a healthy balance where one side is favored but not to the point where the other side can't even rule it as an option.

I have mixed feelings because overall I never liked Dead Dawg Saloon because it's always been that killer sided map outside of the Saloon but going in the Saloon is a game loser. I'd like the map to be updated in all honesty touching up a few things because overall while it's a good looking map it's boring to me but maybe others love that map I'm just indifferent about this.

You might think wow I'm a biased survivor player for not liking the map but overall though I just find games too easy on that map as Nurse / Blight main because all I have to do is go to the center of the map and look in one direction and I'll guaranteed see a survivor with how small the map is and how out there the gens are. It makes survivors just want to hide if they know I'm not in a chase and that makes the game boring for me.

• Itslat3ncy
    Options
  • Lord_Tony
    Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109
    Options
  • CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 994
    Options

It's probably just a bug or an oversight that it got removed. Knowing Behaviour, they can change one thing and manage to bug out something that's completely unrelated to that thing.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,459
    Options

Wait, so you can now go to that trap room, run to the other window and just keep running for XX ammout of time? ######### is that change. The main building is allready pain to deal with.

Maybe (since I didn't see it in the patch notes) it is some mistake and it will be fixed soon.

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,287
    Options

Let that gen go and don't chase good loopers there. Easy.

• The_Krapper
    Options

Thing is that's like every main building ever created by BHVR, it's not just the saloon and we can't go deleting the main building of 80 percent of maps it would be boring at that point

• The_Krapper
    Options

It's not even survivor sided because the rest of that map is junk besides like one or two other places, it's just a strategy to not commit on a survivor that has that much distance on you at a building like that, it's stupid on the killers part and people need this sort of thing to remind them to gen patrol instead of committing to a chase that started out bad for the killer example: you see a survivor t bagging you on top the saloon not doing gens , absolutely do not go chase that survivor that's already a whole building story ahead of you in terms of distance you absolutely deserve to get looped for committing to that sort of situation, the smart play would be to let the survivor be dead weight for staying there and patrol gens to over pressure the other survivors into a situation where they feel like someone is always having to go for the unhook because you're keeping enough pressure that someone away from the hook is going down by the time the guy on hook gets unhooked

• The_Krapper
    Options

You don't have to say no to that gen but the way the map itself is laid out with gens that's the play you would want to do , if a survivor is injured and you're on their top and they're heading towards the saloon of course get the down by all means I'm speaking of when you see a survivor already on the upstairs porch it's dumb to try and commit to the chase when you're a whole building story away in distance, it's no different from any other map with a big main building like one you don't hear alot about is father Campbell's chapel , theres literally a infinite that spawns the two windows at main at the stairs and to the right from there at the wall, the difference here is the chapel is a bigger map with good gameplay options for both sides so survivors don't feel the need to run that infinite but dead dawg is so small that it's easy to want to path that in because you'll eventually end up there if you're having a good run and to me THAT is the bad design part where you feel like you're always getting funneled to that area because it's all that's there for you and if you make enough distance it's small enough to end up there anyway even if you don't want to

• Itslat3ncy
    Options

Good news they're fixing it