Do you think Oni misses his wife & child?

Options
CornHub
CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

I have no idea if he even cares about them because his lore hasn't been expanded upon yet, but I feel like its 50/50. There's a good chance he's insane & believes he was killing false samurais for the good if his family & would thus miss them or he didn't miss them at all because killing people was all that was important to him.

Comments

• TapeKnot
    TapeKnot Member Posts: 248
    Options

Maybe, but probably only a little bit. We know he cares about his son from add-on descriptions, but he didn't care enough to give up on his pilgrimage.

• Rougual
    Rougual Member Posts: 526
    Options

Dude literally took the time to make a sword out of a guys face, he's in no rush to come home.

• TerrorUnleashed
    TerrorUnleashed Member Posts: 497
    Options

Kazan's whole story almost exactly mimics a book I began work on a few years ago, but which I've only now taken the time to take a solid shot at writing. The whole idea of a Japanese child reared with the ideas of the 'perfect' Shinto person being a person of unwavering honour for ones family, respect for military (samurai) code, and a person who, against all odds, would raise his (or her, this is Japan after all, not Medieval England) katana or kanabo in even the most grim of situations out of the sheer love for their country and its peoples. That whole concept... that was what I was going for. A person who grew up with those mottos infused in them, to the point where their odyssey for upholding those values and ideas took them to numerous extremes, blinded them, and clouded their judgment in a way where they could no longer separate morality from vanity and right from wrong. A person who, having experienced hardships only within their mind significantly, turned to the dark spirits that resided in their subconscious mind (or perhaps the world around them), and affixed their desires with that of the demonic, the occult. A person who was so hellbent on enacting what they saw as 'justice' on every innocent person who did not fit their criteria of 'pure' or those who mocked them. Ultimately, given all that, I'd say that Kazan himself was truly an 'Oni' himself from the outset. If you really think about it, those ideas were already apart of him; already ingrained within his mind, and it was his sudden and radical descent into madness that drove that part of him out of the shadows and into the forefront of his mind, where it seized control of him, effectively 'killing' the last strands of Kazan's humanity and metaphorically killing Kazan in the process... With that in mind, I'd say any feelings he had fled with his loss of humanity, as they would.

Also, if you don't recall a past interaction of ours, I'd just like to say that I think we got off on the wrong foot, and I do appreciate these lore posts of yours. Keep doing what you're doing mate.