Is Spirit really the problem?

Options
13»

Comments

• Exxodus21
    Exxodus21 Member Posts: 1,170
    Options

So you don't play Spirit and don't play enough survivor to actually have experience with trying to counter her. But your here and ready to tell us how none of them work. Your opinion is irrelevant since you have no actual experience on the topic. It sounds like you've watched some streams and decided to go with their opinion. All killers will be able to mitigate the effectiveness of counters. That doesn't mean they don't work or aren't reliable.

You're either flat out wrong or lying about counters not working at the highest level. Spirit regularly gets stomped on and teams like Oracle and others (I don't keep up with their names) have said she has counterplay, and demonstrated it. IIRC one team has said she has counterplay but they see how casual players might have a hard time with her. But that isn't the same as saying she can't be countered. Then there's all of the streamers that have repeatedly shown how to counter her and agree that she's fine as is.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209
    Options

Pro teams say she has counter play because they just drop pallets immediately and they are coordinated enough to make that work that's why they say that(have you ever actually watched those games?). Just because I don't play her doesn't mean I've never played against her I have over 1k hours that means I still have at least a couple hundred hours just on survivor and its not like I didn't do my research on this issue, I've watched yes streams, videos, read posts and I have played her before at rank 1 and done very well with her I just don't like her because directional audio is something I struggle with so I don't find her much fun.

But since you're willing dismiss my opinion regardless of my arguments then this conversation was done before it began, have a good one dude.

• madradfox
    madradfox Member Posts: 190
    Options

I don't know what game this individual is playing, but it certainly is not Dead by Daylight.

Their first point is completely false - blinding the husk will not force the Spirit out of phase. All it will do is destroy the Husk and its TR.

The second point, namely using pallets to cancel her phase, is a bit cryptic. However, if what they actually mean is employing a tactic that actively revolves around stunning a phase-walking Spirit, then....may Lord have mercy.

Again, the last sentence again describes a mechanic that is not currently present in DBD. Blinding the husk does not force the Spirit out of her phase walk.

• SpaghettiYOLO
    SpaghettiYOLO Member Posts: 234
    Options

Yes, there is. Look at her hair. When she's phasing, her hair stands straight up. When she isn't phasing, it's more floaty. It's not hard.

• SpaghettiYOLO
    SpaghettiYOLO Member Posts: 234
    Options

Exactly. The amount of people complaining that they can't use the same tactic against every killer is pretty gross. Just makes me feel like the majority just want to bully and humiliate and if they can't, then the killer NEEDS to be nerfed into the ground.

• stikyard
    stikyard Member Posts: 526
    Options

Three DC's in one match and, I'm assuming many more in other matches and the OP still can't believe there might be a problem.

• nutmilk420
    nutmilk420 Member Posts: 153
    Options

Well this is news too me bc every time I blind a husk I get points and she pops out of the phase, if that's not the case then I'm literally just running in the opposite direction and confusing her making the conter even easier to pull off. BTW I stun phase walking spirits all the time its really no that hard to time w a bit of practice but you probly just DC an blame the game mechanics for your poor situational awareness and no skill..