Has the hidden ranks improved your experience of DBD?

With MMR, it seems ranks in the end screen are now hidden. Has anyone felt like their games have been better by this feature?

This hasn't changed the experience of my games and instead just makes me feel like I have anyway way of knowing how well I did in the match.

I personally hate that ranks are hidden now, but I wanted to know what others thought.

Comments

• ObscurityDragon
    ObscurityDragon Member Posts: 710

You dont know anymore if you gought good survivors of your rank or not at all

You cant see how many newer players there where or if the killer was high/low rank

So it wont change anything anymore, maybe just make it so that people wont feel bad to see à low rank in the end game anymore i guess

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

it's enabled again?

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,945

Yes, SBMM was enabled a little while ago.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Is it permanent this time? The ranks had never been hidden before.

• themirrortwin
    themirrortwin Member Posts: 280

@MandyTalk Will there be a chance to provide feedback somewhere? Like a survey or something? How long will the test go on for? I would give up knowing ranks if games felt more fair and consistent in matchmaking.

• bibibib8
    bibibib8 Member Posts: 843

Maybe that why i had a lot of haddonfield and red forest offering i play against survivor who know they have the advantage in those map. Look like im not playing until the test is gone

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

It’s only been live for a very short time so still way too soon to say. I’m going into it with an open mind though, I think hiding the ranks to avoid bias in feedback is a good idea.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245
  • Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,305

Maybe someone here can see into the future? If so, can yall tell me what Fridays winning Mega Millions numbers will be?

• Orion
  • venusxbunny
    venusxbunny Member Posts: 34

Nope, I'm certain they just turned rank off entirely for matchmaking. Purple killer on pc but went to test a match on old xbox account that's been reset to rank 20 killer and went up against a very obvious red rank meta build swf, don't need to see the rank numbers to know.

• DatBeardedGuy1
    DatBeardedGuy1 Member Posts: 6

I hate it. It has sucked all the fun from the game. All the killers have gone full sweat (slugging, etc) No one is getting good bloodpoints. I'm getting teammates with 2-3 days that can't handle god teir killers.

• Orion

That's not relevant for the test, though. The goal is to see if the trial was fair, stop focusing so much on flawed ranks that really only show how much someone played between rank resets.

Keep in mind that the more you play, the more accurate MMR becomes.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,305
    edited August 2021

No they wouldn't! The butterfly effect would take place after I win and the future will change somehow.

Please good sir/mam, I need to win! I must purchase a nice home and fill it with cats and go on a trip to an Australian zoo so I can pet baby cheetahs.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

Now half of the games I get tunnelers with problems in their private lives. Pretty good job so far, BHVR! Turn this crap back off and forget about it, please.

• stvnhthr
    stvnhthr Member Posts: 777
    edited August 2021

It is really about the dumbest f******* thing ever. But this is a good opportunity for Behaviour, whoever suggested this or implemented this should be terminated. The people responsible do not understand the game or why knowing ranks is a vital part of gameplay. It sucks for now, but once this person is off the team then the actual good developers can work more efficiently without their input slowing down progress.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,168

No, it hasn't.

I've played a few games and all of them were terrible so far.

• bibibib8
    bibibib8 Member Posts: 843

Close to no map are good for the killer. I should have the choice to bring a sacrificial ward every match instead of the 50 useless mori i have

• Razorbeam
    Razorbeam Member Posts: 594

Good games so far, I actually kind of prefer not seeing the ranks, takes away excuses and let's me just focus on what happened during the game.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

sbmm is made to protect new players from being stomped, which will increase player retention. And ultimately : buying cosmetics.

Meditate on that.

• Razorbeam

Random question Mandy, in red ranks you can easily tell the people who were boosted from heavy swf versus the solo que monsters who climbed themselves. Will the guy who's boosted just have an inflated MMR and face much scarier killers in solo que or is the MMR taken only from solo play ?

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Just came back after a short break and I just noticed that ranks were hidden.

Not sure how I feel about it yet.

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744

Nope It's forced me to have to sweat every game and its sucked the fun outta the game.

• Clowning
    Clowning Member Posts: 886

It's pointless to make a feedback thread for something that's been active for such a short period of time. As we're only getting mad responses from people who played 3 games tops and made up their mind on the spot.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

What is the point of hiding those ranks? Did BHVR take a stand about this topic?

• The_Hunter
    The_Hunter Member Posts: 42

This new "hidding Rank" system is strange. I played some matches with a new killer and all of them were terrible. (Juking, blinding, looping at its best + toxic behaviour in the chat, you know what I mean ;) )

I dont want to hate this game, because I play it since beta, but...

Maybe I am wrong but I think they try to hide the broken matchmaking system until they fix it.

(example: First time killer play on lvl 20: 1. survivor: lvl 18, 2. survivor: lvl. 17, 3. survivor: lvl 19, 4. survivor: lvl 6, of course before update).

I also asked the survivors about their lvl after the match, it was between 20 and 3, soooo my conclusion.

It is a cover up for the bad matchmaking. Just my opinion. Correct me, if I am wrong. ^_^

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I played three games as Blight.

First two were instant games and everyone (except me) had under 300 hours.

Last game, everyone was above 3000 hours and the queue took ~ 15 minutes

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

Haddonfield offerings, Lagswitching survivors...

For me, no.

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

Eh i don't really its gonna fix anything tbh. I'm not sure yet but imo ita just gonna hide the problem than fix match making. Because that's easier to do.

• tester
    tester Member Posts: 792

But we can still ask:

Just had game with ranks 5, 9 and 15.

Another one was 6 ,18, 20.

It's now obvious why they are hiding them.

• Razorbeam

Yes because they don't want to hurt boosted red ranks feelings when they realize they perform on average at the same level as rank 12s but have simply put more hours into the game that month.

• tester

If can guess what rank color each survivor with 90% success when playing as killer. Perhaps you need to gain more experience if you can't tell the difference between rank 5 and 15. I also had troubles with that when I just started.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

1st Survivor Game - Never checked the hours or whatever, but it was pretty fun.

• Razorbeam

Yes that's my point, it's very easy to tell the real red ranks and the booster ones, that's why ranks are hidden now to spare feelings, that was cute what you tried to do there though.

• tester

I said I could guess the ranks that were displayed by the game fairly precisely. Again, if you can't tell rank 15 from rank 5, that's on you. It will be easier with experience.

• gnehehe
    gnehehe Member Posts: 510
    edited August 2021

I don't want SBMM in DbD since it is casual and asymmetrical game by design!

Just add separate ranks for killers with more or less the current system (pips should just be harder imo), so people are not bullied as soon as they chose to play another killer class.

However, let's be honest, I got better teammates in my 10 solo-queue games today ... this is just facts!

• Better loopers overall,
    • Smarter players (e.g.: not a single 3-gen in 10 matches; usually, 1 out of 4 matches and I work hard each game to prevent this annoying situation),
    • Half saves had BT in solo queue ... well, this is really better than the usual 10% rate,
    • Good killers too
  • InsatiableMop
    InsatiableMop Member Posts: 325

What about, the game felt like I had rainbow ranks in my lobby because not a single gen popped during 5 laps with the killer up my behind around midwich solo queue?

• InsatiableMop
    InsatiableMop Member Posts: 325

I should also not this is with bond on so i could see them all literally standing around crouched behind stuff not once on or leaving a gen.

• Razorbeam

There's a special MMR bracket for blendettes now so all blendies get put in the same games together, you'll never see a gen pop again.

• PalletsAndHooks
    PalletsAndHooks Member Posts: 989

The fact I'm being paired with other object of obsessions every game is a trend I can't ignore.

So far, it's a joy to be matched with my like minded brethren.

• KamalaGekido
    KamalaGekido Member Posts: 49

My past 15 matches have consisted of Deadhard and Prove thyself on every survivor and getting gen rushed no matter who I play or what I do. So no.

• BingBongMan
    BingBongMan Member Posts: 631

You're really gonna snitch on yourself like that?

You realize this test compiled about a couple months worth of data. So you should be getting fairly accurate projections of your skill in terms of teammates and how good the killers are.

• God_Prof
    God_Prof Member Posts: 60

So the main problems come from, the full SBMM system is hidden. Even the algorithm and the rating, and everything is 'classified'. And even there was small chance in rank display to size up system works well, but they took away saying that was not intended. And we have no other option but our guts to check and feedback the system. So i think its meaningless to discuss about the SBMM system in hiding rating, cuz evryone's ratings are so different. So evryone's game experience quality come from their experience. That force us the system seems fair enough. It's definitely devs trick.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

The ranks don't matter, I have seen enough rank 20 smurfs accomplishing god-tier play to know skilled players can be at any rank. I have also seen enough rank ones play like complete noobs, showing swf can carry anyone to "greatness"

The feel of the matches in their entirety show me that when teams are matched together properly gens fly and killers struggle.

About the only good thing I've really noticed from The Killers perspective, is when survivors who are prone to mistakes are paired with other survivors who are prone to make mistakes it allows the killer themselves to have greater dictation over the match without stress of gen progression placing a time limit on every choice and action.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,820

TBH, I like it better with the ranks hidden. I don't know why exactly, but I think it has to do with how many times people have tried to get in my head about it in the endgame chat. When I look at the tally page, now, and I can't see what rank anyone is, I kind of feel relieved.

• DeanIcity
    DeanIcity Member Posts: 180
    edited August 2021

This Is trash. Stop the non-sense. Nobody Is fooled. It has literally made the game experience far worse. It's just not fun.

Revert the changes.

Have whoever thought this was a good idea, reassigned to something more important.

Never, ever, consider this MMR idea again.

It's not possible with this kind of game. Just stop.

Also. Why would ya'll experiment with this IN the middle of a rift pass? I want my money back.

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288
    edited August 2021

This is understandable, however it was also the only objective way to tell if the SSBM was somehow working or not (because if you get paired with yellow ranks as a red rank every time, the excuse "they just don't play much..." is not reasonable).

Now I'm not sure how you are supposed to get the feedback, and to know if it is or it's not valid.