Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Adept Rant

SirGando
SirGando Member Posts: 374
edited August 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

i dont rant about this game at all but if theres one thing thats pissing me off then its the adept challenges for killer.

I am not a bad killer, but to get a merciless victory with low tier killers is the hardest and most frustrating thing.

On top of that survivors who DC will punish the killer because you dont get enough hooks. every single time i have a good run that happens. its the most stupid ######### in this game, seriously!

The Devs really need to change the Adept System for killer imo.

Comments

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

Well adept challenges are supposed to be challenging. Just keep playing and you'll get them it's really not that hard. For Myers specifically just use the Tuft of Hair add-on. If you're rank 9 you still have a lot of room to grow as a killer and yeah it gets frustrating for a while.

• SirGando
    SirGando Member Posts: 374
    edited August 2021

umm yeah about the rank 9: Ive been in red ranks for quite a while now but i purposefully deranked to get the adepts easier. Im not new at all XD

Edit: the fragrant tuft of hair addon is not good at all for adept because it takes you even longer to snowball and it will hurt the chaser emblem.

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

As I am taking killer adepts now, I recently took out the one from Blight and Doctor and I recommend that you lengthen the game well, use your power and get the most out of the blood points of each category, always count the hooks that each survivor carries, Well then you will know who to hang or who to leave slugged. Also for killers like Myers I recommend using closed maps to get the Adept, but if it is a killer like Blight, Hillbilly, Oni, I recommend an open map.

• gendoss

I mean there are hard survivor adepts like David and easy killer adepts like Hag. Even then survivor adepts are just inherently going to be easier because all you need to do is survive and having medal requirements would be literally impossible lol.

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294

Hag is one of those harder adepts...

It is different in lower ranks, but I have done all adepts in red ranks, where you need iri each emblem and gatekeeper is quite hard to get on Hag and if you get devour hope, then you will not get iri chaser.

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380

I feel like there isn't a "challenge" though, its a completely arbitrary expectation. You have to practically farm for points to reach merciless, 4 kills should be all is necessary for an adept.

• gendoss

Idk I've never had a problem with most of the killer adepts it just takes time like it does with survivor. Like with every achievement just play enough and you'll get it by sheer luck eventually.

• Dino7281
    edited August 2021

I wouldn't really have problem, if survivors couldn't get adept from hatch. I have all achievements and most survivor adepts I got was just survive to be last and donate item to killer for hatch.

• Kyxlect
    Kyxlect Member Posts: 230

I agree. Killer adepts need to be reworked to something simpler like killing all the survivor's in a trial using only a Killer's three perks seeing as how all you have to do as Survivor is escape with their three perks. That's like babytown frolics.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

In my opinion. Adept killers should only require a 4K and not Merciless. I almost got Adept Shape, but I was a pixel away from getting Merciless. And that was the last time I even touched him, cuz I was so mad xd

• NerfedFreddy
    NerfedFreddy Member Posts: 394

No, adepts should be challenging experience, 4k is too easy

• Tricksters_Wife
    Tricksters_Wife Member Posts: 545

I enjoy adepts being challenging for killer. It's like an achievement for telling me I know how to play the killer and that I was able to beat the challenge.

Took me about 5 games to get adept Trickster because of suicides on hooks, killing too fast, or last person getting hatch. But getting it was super satisfying — knowing just how hard an adept is and that he's a harder killer to use overall.

If all you had to go was 4k for adept all it would take is slugging, camping, or tunneling to get adept. It's up to someone if they want to use those techniques in regular games, but for adepting it doesn't really show a full comprehensive understanding of how to play the killer effectively in my opinion.

• FeelsBadMan
    FeelsBadMan Member Posts: 570

I am close to uninstalling the game tbh cause of this #########. Survivor adepts are BRAINDEAD EASY compared to killer. I try to get Hag adept since over 7 hours now and I always miss one Iri Emblem cause people suicide or DC so I have 3 Iri and one Gold. Meanwhile all survivors have to do is escape like how is that even balanced? A survivor can just hide all game long, wait for their team to die and get the achivement.

• scoser
    scoser Member Posts: 482

Going to chime in as well that you should either have to get a Merciless Killer or a 4K, which is how it used to be before BHVR got rid of the 4K option for no apparent reason. Also, having to be drenched in sweat for hours on end trying to get it at red ranks is aggravating to no end. I dread how they're somehow going to make it worse for the next killer when SBMM is permanently live.

• Dino7281

It will be actually easier with SBMM permanent, because you will have rank reset to 20, where you don't need all iri emblems for Merciless.