The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

How is the stuttering even worse than before?

You decently fix the performance issues with the midchapter, and ONE UPDATE LATER and everything's even worse? I can't even comprehend how they managed to screw this up so hard.

Comments

• DerpyPlayz
    DerpyPlayz Member Posts: 583

Not anyone I know, well consoles are common but almost all my friends have at least a decent PC.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

It's extremely likely that more people play on Console than they do on PC.

Are you saying those people don't deserve to have a functional game because they didn't want to spend a thousand dollars?

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

And not everyone like PC tho. I personally play on PC, but I know plenty of people who prefer something that is easy to set up without the hassle of building a pc. Not only that some people just prefer playing on a couch in front a 75 inch plasma screen, rather then on a 15 inch screen..

• Altarf
    Altarf Member Posts: 1,045

It's odd - now, instead of 1-1.5 second long freezes very often and usually when using your power as with the release of the Resident Evil chapter, now there's less often but much longer 2-3 second freezes at seemingly random times. Seems to happen more in chases and after hooking a survivor. Not even to mention the unplayable framerate while using certain killer powers, like with Pyramid Head, Oni and Leatherface.

I'm kind of curious whether the game will even still work after the next update.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Yeah its awful as survivor, lag spikes are huge and totally random. Now playing Oni, wish me luck 😅

• DerpyPlayz
    edited August 2021

If they prefer lower end, they are likely being fools. That's like saying "I prefer to get punched", its dumb. Why would anyone do that? I somewhat get for money reasons if they ' don't know what they are doing, but not preferring to have a worse experience.

Cool, if people like shooting themselves in the foot, then that is they're thing, just don't get mad when you have issues in games, be it because the devs or just because the hardware is that bad.

I feel bad for anyone who bought a ps5 for 700+. That's a prebuilt, med to high pc they could of got. Then I remember they are the one who choose to do that, then defend they're choice regardless of how bad it was and I stop feeling bad.

Also you can use TV's with PCs. I have done it before, people prefer monitors because its better for competitive games, IE less screen drag, input lag, ect.

Post edited by DerpyPlayz on
  • DerpyPlayz
    edited August 2021

It's extremely likely that more people play on Console than they do on PC.

Just because the parade jumps off a cliff, doesn't mean it was a good choice. Nice band wagon though. (Assuming I even give you this point, I haven't done enough research to know, but it would seem fair considering I would bet majority of people in the gaming community are casuals.)

Are you saying those people don't deserve to have a functional game because they didn't want to spend a thousand dollars?

No, I am saying you get what you paid for. If you paid for GTA5 expect GTA5, if you paid for a inferior product, expect a inferior product.

Try not to strawman me as well...

• Pulsar

I'm not even entirely sure what that first point means. The average players on Steam was 54K last month. Considering the PS4 has been widely successful and that DBD was on PS+ for free a year ago means that it isn't a stretch to say that PS4 has close to the numbers Steam has. Likewise, DBD is free with Xbox Game Pass (which is a hilariously good deal) and consistently ranks in the "most popular" section of Xbox's store, normally just behind GTA V.

As for your second point, it doesn't hold up to scrutiny at all. DBD is the only game that runs so terribly on current-gen Consoles. Star Wars Battlefront II (which was released in 2017, the same year DBD was on Console) runs extremely well and yet it is FAR more graphically intensive. Ergo, we can logically conclude that the issue doesn't lie with the hardware the Console is packing, but rather with how the game is optimized.

• XombieRocker
    XombieRocker Member Posts: 324

Hey, since you're a PC godling who's unaffected by these issues, maybe just don't comment on these threads if all you're gonna do is just call us fools and tell us to upgrade.

Useless.

• DerpyPlayz
    edited August 2021

Hey, since you're a PC godling who's unaffected by these issues, maybe just don't comment on these threads if all you're gonna do is just call us fools and tell us to upgrade.

I didn't call you a fool, just the action listed is foolish.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

This makes sense, Console survivors are freezing and stuttering, and as killer I'm seeing them teleport short distances.

(or at least I hope thats the reason, and people arent just using tp hacks)

• DerpyPlayz

I'm not even entirely sure what that first point means.

"The bandwagon fallacy is also sometimes called the appeal to common belief or appeal to the masses because it’s all about getting people to do or think something because “everyone else is doing it” or “everything else thinks this. Of course, the problem with this fallacy is not everyone is actually doing this, but there is another problem that’s important to point out. Just because a lot of people think something or do something does not mean it’s right or good to do. For example, in the 16th century, most people believed the earth was the center of the universe; of course, believing that did not make it true."

As for your second point, it doesn't hold up to scrutiny at all. DBD is the only game that runs so terribly on current-gen Consoles.

That is fair, while the point likely holds for most other games, such as ironically GTA5 like you in a previous point listed, it could be the game is just really poorly optimized on consoles.

Although I am not completely convinced that is still the case exclusively though.

• Pulsar
    edited August 2021

What are you getting at with your first point?

And as for the second, the only other time I've seen a game run as poorly is when I went to Blighttown in the first Dark Souls and that area is INFAMOUS.

• DerpyPlayz

What are you getting at with your first point?

Bringing up the majority of people doing X is fallacious.

And as for the second, the only other time I've seen a game run as poorly is when I went to Blighttown in the first Dark Souls and that area is INFAMOUS.

GTA5

• Pulsar

It matters for the sake of the argument. It isn't illogical to conclude that Consoles have more players than PC.

Online or Story? Story was fine for me and online wasn't too terrible.

• rglarson13
    rglarson13 Member Posts: 204

I thought it was just me.

This game is infuriating. Devs are amateur trash -- the have is riddled with bugs and they don't do anything about it. Balance is God-awful. New killers are just reskinned versions of old killers now.

Behavior only cares about selling cosmetics at this point.

• DerpyPlayz

It matters for the sake of the argument. It isn't illogical to conclude that Consoles have more players than PC.

No it doesn't and holds just as much baring as someone saying they have 3000 hours in a game. Thats nice, but how popular something is, is not valid in conversation about preference, be it subjective or objective.

Online or Story? Story was fine for me and online wasn't too terrible.

Online. If you don't play PC you might not notice how bad it is because you'll be use to it. Play PC for a week at medium with 60RR and go back to console and you'll realize how bad it is.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,136

I'm so upset at their updates on Switch. Not only is the graphics quality worsening with each "fix," but so is the performance. The choppy fps makes survivor annoying and killer nearly unplayable. It was bought and installed right after RE was released, and the graphics were better and the performance was fine. How they have managed to make it this awful with supposed fixes baffles me.

• IPlayGamesOnPC
    IPlayGamesOnPC Member Posts: 28

I have a beast of a PC (Ryzen, 1080 ti) and performance has always been a solid 60fps... until this last update. Now my fps tanks whenever I use my power, even on the lowest settings.