Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Hows mmr?

Haven't been able to get on, so hows it looking? I dont care about if you're finding it fun I'm just more curious if its matching you against good players as a good killer or you are versing bad survivors as a killer

Thanks for any info btw, much appreciated!

Comments

• Weasdat
    Weasdat Member Posts: 143

I haven't noticed any difference. I'm rank 1 and 4k 9/10 matches before and after mmr.

• agonizing
    agonizing Member Posts: 176

Works like it’s supposed to

• ImBrakingBike
    ImBrakingBike Member Posts: 454

Yesterday was pretty okay, but I've just been matched to a rank 1 Killer main streamier with 4.2K+ hours. Quick match, tunneled and out after the first couple of minutes of course... so lovely I guess(?

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Works like a charm.

• DieGräfin
    DieGräfin Member Posts: 227

Last two day was horrible. But today I had 3 of 3 very balanced games as a surv.

• Razorbeam
    Razorbeam Member Posts: 594

I'm actually having good 9am eu games lol

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140

MMR seems to work well putting survivors of similar skill together, not that much putting survivors against killers at the same skill but at least seems like an improvement.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184
    edited August 2021

My survivor games have been kind of been very reminiscent of Identity V where the games have been revolving around doing gens while the killer is camping then finishing off with another NoED kill at the end for a 2k.

Other then that, games feel more thought out. Like, you can tell each side's pathing around the map is done more meaningfully and not just like headless chickens hoping to (or hoping not to) bump into things.

Killer still feels like a mixed bag though.

\whether it's better or worse... not sure yet.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Solo survivor is playable, it's amazing

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Killer is ok-ish for me, I have to bring slowdown perks now.

Survivor (duo survivor for me) has been actually fun with a few really bad matches example facecamps and extreme tunnel to the point of actually bringing DS.

Still not what the game needed imo, what we needed was a proper rank reset and decent matchmaking not a sweatfest (using that word because I find it funny)

• Exar
    Exar Member Posts: 46

Not good... I get matched up with red and purple ranks while being in a green one

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I am getting survivors that can barely keep their heads above water while I am playing fair.

• ZonkyWizard
    ZonkyWizard Member Posts: 568

So far, so good

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,263
    edited August 2021

At first the system matched me with new survivors and killer. Mostly killers who have just started playing with that particular killer for the first time and survivors who just hide a lot, giving up on the first hook or trying to escape from the hook until second stage.

After a few games i got better teammates but probably rank 20 / 15 killers.

In the end it got to the point where i was playing against a lot of Wraith, Nurse and Spirit. there is not much diversity with killers.

Teammates are so - so, some are "selfish" and the others are skilled.

Overall the games are quite diverse, not every match is difficult and repetitive with same slow down meta perks.

I like how it feels like I'm playing with different people with different skill and somehow we manage to play well together.

I have noticed that without SBMM my matches as survivor are tiring and annoying because I'm facing really skilled killers or sweaty killers and I'm not always having fun. with SBMM on it's feels different, I'm still struggling to survive but the gameplay is fun because we have same skill level or same mindset, it's makes it fun and unpredictable.

• DieGräfin
    DieGräfin Member Posts: 227

After rank reset it's horrible again. Quick DC and sacrifice on first hook.

My last 4 matches now . It will also be the last until it's turned off.

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 889

horrible on my (killer) side, last game they made 4 gens before i got my first down, something that hasn't happened to me in ages. Games are way too sweaty, i need to hope i even get a kill and need to play absolutely merciless and need to abuse every abundance of DS

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169

Morning used to be so good for me back in 2018 and 2019 now everytime i try the queues are long af and i'm getting SWF's...Maybe now because of Vacation time i should try again.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

It doesn't work as intended at all, at least for soloQ. I only get potato teammates and sweating killers, as if it uses a sum of all survivors' MMRs and matches the sum with the killer's MMR. If the system thinks I'm a potato survivor - at least it should give me potato killers instead of mindgaming tunneling slugging-for-4k sweatlords. It it thinks I'm that good to face these killers - then give me competent survivors. But nope, it's like it's using two separate values to find teammates and to find a killer.

• rha
    rha Member Posts: 416

I will probably give more detailed feedback after the test, but so far I am super happy.

My killer matches are challenging but fair and fun.

The biggest pain in DbD for me was solo queue since they made pipping too easy and changed the rank reset. And this is a difference like night and day now. I rarely had this much fun in solo queue. Just had a super fun match against a good Blight and equally good teammates, thrilling from first to last minute, I hope the matches stay this way.

• Razorbeam
    Razorbeam Member Posts: 594

I'm glad to see other people are having similar experiences like myself on both sides.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,223

Love it so far. Needs some minor tweaks, but this test is much better it than the last.

On survivor, my teammates have been very good in solo queue, but killers seem a bit undertuned. Escape rates are much higher than usual in solo queue.

On killer, these have been some of the hardest games I've had in a very long time, and that's a good thing. I was bored out of my mind in public matches prior to MMR and my win rate was absurd. Now I have to sweat with a full meta build and still sometimes only get a 2k or 1k.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,758

Most of my games have been pretty easy. Legion, Pyramid Head, Speed Limiter Bubba, Freddy- only one of those killers I rarely play but all of them have been easy games.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,697

Most of my matches it seems to be working okay.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

For my part, I got everything from totally better than me, mixed fair games and total stomps. On both sides.

Also stuff like 4 gens done until first hook and then the team somehow commits suicide on that one unhook attempt

• 53nation
    53nation Member Posts: 681

Is mmr temporary for testing or is this staying? I haven't had a chance to play yet.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184

It's until the 16th, so you have some time to try it.