is SBMM as survivor sided as MMR?

Lord_Tony
Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109
edited August 2021 in General Discussions

when MMR was on killers were getting steam rolled by survivors.

now that SBMM is on are killers still getting steam rolled by survivors?

should swf and comms instantly raise their SBMM level?

Comments

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

No

• Razorbeam
    Razorbeam Member Posts: 594

Nah my games have been really good so far with the added bonus of playing a much wider variety of killers and seeing the difference in the match based on my time played on them.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,383

The worst killer game I had last night was a 3K with hatch escape.

• Manhunt
    Manhunt Member Posts: 10

I don't like SBMM. Ive just been getting smacked around as killer. im only getting around 1 kill to 0 kills most matches as leatherface.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

Neither were survivor sided. MMR was fine, it just meant the game decided you were winning quite often and started putting you against optimal SWF's. Same for SBMM.

It's more the fact that solo queue is so god danm awful, that MMR seems to me survivor sided. You might be winning against 4 extremely high tier solo survivors purely because their team didnt have the proper synergy. Thus the game decided you must be capable of facing 4 high tier survivors who teamed up.

It's the gap between solo survivor and killers that makes MMR or SBMM quite uneffective.

In fact, it's so severe that those people who want to add a debuff on survivors when they play SWF, dont realize killers need a much bigger debuff if they face solo survivors.

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974

it seems even less consistent than before

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

I've been playing solo survivor all night, and I've only managed to escape one match. I'm constantly being put on teams that prefer to do anything other than generators. To make matters worse, my teammates will purposefully unhook me right next to the Killer knowing full well they don't have borrowed time. So in other words, sole survivor is about on par with the way it's always been.😕

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Isnt it a same thing with different name?

• syain
    syain Member Posts: 440

My killer games have been surprisingly balanced. It should lower your skill level as you keep playing if you're getting steamrolled.

• ImBrakingBike
    ImBrakingBike Member Posts: 454

This is my 7th or 8th match in a row, I've been trying to escape ONE time with David King for an old challenge. Just once. And I can't. I've been trying to check profiles as the ranks are still hidden, I've found many of my teammates are around 500+ hours like me, but I'm facing 1.2+ and 4.5+ hour killers like crazy :/

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

MMR was so survivor-sided that at 2k hours of maining killers it kept giving me teams of brown ranks with 2 or 3 perks and below 100 hours each.

Bhvr definitely showed all their bias in favor of survivors smh. s/