Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

DBD killers should just be bots

The way behavior treats killers with all the unnecessary nerfs especially going against SWF with small pp builds, what’s the point of making killer an option? Maybe I’m biased since I play on console and everything is ######### in terms of performance but gimme a ######### break🤬

Comments

• Razorbeam
    Razorbeam Member Posts: 594

How do you know they don't run meta builds because they have huge pp and off meta perks aren't big enough to support it ?

• megaweenieman
    megaweenieman Member Posts: 323

Not sure i understand your point. Unbreakable and decisive is what I’m talking about

• bibibib8
    bibibib8 Member Posts: 843

If they put mmr i do think this will push away some killer so eventually they need to put some bot in the game

• Razorbeam

Alright I'll bite, there's nothing wrong with meta perks on either side, they are perfectly fine and can all he counter played.

If you think you're going against swf in the lobby and you see lots flash lights bring lightborn and starstruck and watch them behave, keep your chases short unless you can get a down quickly, make sure you're setting up your 3 gen correctly, try to focus on only putting the same few people on the early hooks so you can remove them quickly later on, you want at least one guy on death hook asap. Don't be afraid of slugging to build pressure when needs be and if a swf group is being all in your face there's nothing morally wrong with tunneling one of them out to apply turbo pressure.

Stop believing you can be bullied, flash light clicking and tea bagging is a silly attempt to get in your head to try and make you miss play and forget all the points I previously made. Lots of killers face meta perks, they play around them and they win, if you feel it's the perks you're just looking got something to blame rather than focusing on improving your game.

Lastly I also play on console, if you really love dbd I highly recommend you get a SSD as an external drive, it fixes all performance issues with the game, like literally all of them.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

Personally I think if the only reason we don't have killer bots is the devs don't know how to make them. Every patch something breaks.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

eehhhh sometimes feels that way for survivors

• megaweenieman
    megaweenieman Member Posts: 323

I have an ssd on PS4 pro and I face the same performance issues lots of people are having.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

I play on console and I enjoy killer, if I was limited to just survivor I'd get bored pretty quickly and couldn't play as much especially against bots

• Razorbeam

You sure that's not a hybrid ssd ? My client runs perfectly.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,758

So constant killer nerfs, right?

5.1.x brought with it Trickster buffs- which are now indisputably buffs after 5.1.x, as well as buffing killer perks "Hex: Crowd Control" and "No Way Out". Furthermore it brought with it a fix to grabs, which has been needed for a long time. Yes, pallet validation was also brought in, however this is less nerfing killers and more fixing an inequality that shouldn't have existed in the first place.

The way sound is effected by perks was buffed in the survivor's favour, that I will give. So far we're 1 for 1 on buffs and no nerfs yet.

Keys with 0 charges can now no longer open the Hatch- so there's our first survivor nerf.

5.0.x brought with it, obviously, Resident Evil- a map that is awful for both sides (so no points to either), good-ish survivor perks and good-ish killer perks (nothing meta though), and a meh killer. No points to either side. 5.0.0 did have some demo nerfs, so that's our first official killer nerf (current score is 1, 1, 1, 1; not looking good for the claim of "nothing but killer nerfs"), as well as the Franklin's change (which was a buff to all but keys- which has now been fixed), alongside the Lucky Break nerf. So that's 1 buff point to killer and 1 nerf point to survivors- they'll be getting a buff point soon.

I'll go one further back too because I cannot be bothered to do more- 4.7.x. Demogorgon got buffed- you cannot even attempt to argue it wasn't a buff- though there were also the Coldwind changes which are a survivor buff (since they somehow made them safer???). Current score of 2, 2, 2, 1. 4.7.x had more Trickster buffs, though this is slightly offset through a Twins nerf (which itself brought a Twins buff, though not enough to offset the extent of the nerf, as I'm only counting volume here I'm including it). We got a nerf to Freddy and pass to Huntress, giving her a couple of better add-ons but removing Iri Head and 90 second exhaustion- so this is both. (2, 5, 2, 3; SB, KB, SN, KN). Lucky Break got it's original buff, alongside a nerf to keys, Soul Guard, and OOO. BT was buffed, alongside Small Game and Open Handed, and Zanshin was there somewhere too. Final total for this paragraph is (6, 6, 4, 3; SB, KB, SN, KN).

And, uh, that's as far as I can be asked to go. 6 survivor buffs, alongside 4 survivor nerfs. 6 killer buffs, alongsider 3 killer nerfs. Going on the theory that a buff to one side is a nerf to the other, these can be combined into 9 survivor buffs and 10 killer buffs.

Remember, killers are constantly being nerfed.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

No I enjoy playing as Spirit and Plague. Please don’t.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140
    edited August 2021

On Switch right now, performance is so bad, I'm worse than a bot. The survivors can either farm my challenge with me, in which case I'll chase and let them hit me with pallets or whatever in return, or they can get nothing out of the match except doing gens and leaving. Those are their only two options. Like last night as Clown, I gave them more than one chance, they'd stand still until I threw a bottle and then they'd dodge, so I went and stared at the exit gate.

I cannot function at a higher level than "survivor stands still and lets me ________." Hell, even on PS4, I'm really hoping for an AFK'er so I can do this Huntress challenge.

If BHVR doesn't fix performance issues, then survivors are going to need bots or they're going to end up with gen repair sim or lobby sim.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Survivors have all the advantages once they develop the skills to utilize them, it's why high level play heavily favors Survivors.

I hope for legal reasons they never axe killer play. That's a lot of refunds for the most unique aspects of gameplay.

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140
    edited August 2021

About the grab "fix" let me laugh a couple minutes. Huntress got nerfed, i don't think it's honest to pretend otherwise, her exhaustion addons were godlike even if we ignore iri heads. And you are talking about individual killer buffs btw, not the overall "generic killer" vs survivor. Plus you can't just say "1 nerf 1 buff" as if they had the same value. The BT buff for example is massive, every single match there's at least 1 bt. The demo buff on the other side you'll get to see it in one in 20 games, because that's how often you play against him. Pallet validation has been the biggest killer nerf in a long long time. Buffs on "Crowd control and no way out" (perks that almost nobody uses) compared to iron will buff, wich at least one person will be using.

The metrics you are using mean nothing and are arbritary, different nerfs and buffs have a different amount of impact in the game.

• GoodBoyKaru
    edited August 2021

I was literally counting the amount of nerfs and buffs, considering OP said that killers got constant nerfs. I gave evidence from the patch notes that this claim is false.

There was no comment from me on the impact of these changes- in fact I specifically mentioned that I was only using the volume and not the actual in-game impact.

About the grab "fix" let me laugh a couple minutes.

Worked literally flawless for me and there's a further fix on the way.

Huntress got nerfed, i don't think it's honest to pretend otherwise, her exhaustion addons were godlike even if we ignore iri heads

And she now has her flight speed add-ons, which are incredibly good.

Pallet validation has been the biggest killer nerf in a long long time

Barely impacted my games. And, shockingly, when I create a post or comment I do so from my experience, since I cannot speak for others. I can't play my own trials and suddenly say that my best friend's games have been ruined, for example.

Furthermore, these hits shouldn't have been connecting in the first place, and this should have been a feature since the introduction of Dedicated Servers.

I know that reading things is difficult, but do try for me, okay?

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

Based on your own argument it looks like its 50/50 on both sides....so whats the point?

• GoodBoyKaru

Op talks about a lot of unnecessary killer nerfs. From their wording, especially given the context of the post, it seems OP doesn't believe that survivors are getting nerfed either, or are getting buffed while killers are not.

That comment proves that statement wrong, nothing more and nothing less.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

You call pallet validation a nerf.....but it wasn't. It was literally just put in to fix pallet interactions where you could get completely off the wall hits that should have never landed....

Thats not a nerf....thats them fixing the game...

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

It just goes the other way now.

As long as Survivors get the stun, the hit is revoked, which allows Survivors to greed pallets a LOT.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

You;re still complaining about UB and DS, even though DS is useless now lol

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

One thing I'd dispute is that the compensation nerf to BT actually kind of ruined its use in a lot of cases, as the killer waiting to hit them needs to wait 4 seconds less than they used to! (For context, if a slinger spears you off the hook, now before it would break, your BT timer would run out)

• SirGando
    SirGando Member Posts: 374

I mean seriously, survivors expect killers to play a certain way. BHVR could just add killer bots who dont tUnNeL, cAmP or sLuG and they would never complain again. that would be heaven for them. And the killer mains... they could just get baby Survivor bots. All problems solved.

Im actually serious. everybody would benefit if the whole game was PvE instead of PvP. even the devs because they wouldnt have to balance and change killers or perks anymore if they programm the bots in the right way.