Killers, are you satisfied with a 2K?

Options
Huge_Bush
Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,097

Just curious. Not saying that it is a "win", but if the match was fun, you had good chases and made lots of points, and two survivors escaped, would you be satisfied?

I used to think that I had to get a 4k when I played killer, mainly because of the toxic endgame chat where the survivors constantly berated me, but when I think about it, when I have 25K blood points and two kills, I'm usually happy. It only becomes frustrating when they're toxic as hell, then I want them all on hooks by any means possible.

Comments

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

Yes it is definitely a win for me

• MadmegMain
    MadmegMain Member Posts: 105
    Options

yeah. i prefer 3 but 2 is a win

• Ludicris
    Ludicris Member Posts: 244
    Options

Yes.

If I black pip. Yes

If I depip. No.

If the survivors in end game chat are abusive. No.

• Huge_Bush
    Options

Yea, I agree with that, I actually forgot about hatch escapes, but I guess they are a necessary evil.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203
    Options

Do you mean if they were the last alive, or with the help of a key?

• IWFreak
    IWFreak Member Posts: 252
    Options

In the situation you described, lots of chases, hooks and points, for me even only 1 kill I would be satisfied with.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

It depends on how the match went, if I got a 2k only because I messed up multiple times with my power then it just feels meh.

If the survivors were coordinated and dominating and a few clutch moves turned the match around, I'm happy with 2 kills.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,783
    Options

Through the use of a key. If they're last alive and escape through hatch without a key (as I may have already closed it) then I'll gladly take a 3k.

• Razorbeam
    Razorbeam Member Posts: 594
    edited August 2021
    Options

I'm satisfied with a good match, Sometimes I mess up and everyone leave one death hook but it was still an engaging game.

Edit: good example, I just 4k'd on legion, but it was pretty boring because the last 2 survivors just gave up and wouldn't even try running when I found them, that was lame and didn't feel like a great game.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250
    Options

2k is a win for me!

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

Not a killer main. But when I play killer I tend to be satisfied by the gameplay rather than getting sacrifices. So I don't care about how many sacrifices I may or not get, I enjoy the chases and things like that.

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380
    Options

Im satisfied with a 1k. I am a killer after all, my only goal is to kill survivors. If one of them dies, i've basically fulfilled my role. From then on its just extra enjoyment to get any more of them

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

I'd be glad that I at least didn't lose.

• lolololol
    lolololol Member Posts: 106
    Options

the game shouldn’t be focused on kills, it should be focused around hooks. If I get 8 hooks and two survivors escape. I know I’m gonna draw even or I’m going to pip. Depending on how good I was during the game.

• Power_Guy
    Power_Guy Member Posts: 1,562
    Options

For me: 2 is the baseline. I failed slightly at 1, and failed completely at 0.

But that also means I challenge myself to get more; 3 means I did better than average, and 4 means I won completely.

• Sandt21
    Sandt21 Member Posts: 761
    Options

I like Otz's definition of a win. 4k, or 3k with a hatch escape

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

I hate when losing to bugs and stuff like that but if it was a fun match, I’ll take a 2k with 9 or 10 hooks and 25k bp.

• Exxodus21
    Exxodus21 Member Posts: 1,170
    Options

Kills don't necessarily matter. If I get a 4k, but only because the survivors were overly altruistic during endgame, but for everything before that I got gen rushed, they "abused" loops, they all had 2 or 3 second chance perks, and I just generally had a miserable time then it feels pretty meh. But one the other had if I'm getting downs, keeping gens regressing, winning chases, getting plenty of hooks, and it still results in a 0k then I'm probably going to be pretty happy because I felt like I had a chance to win.

I think most people feel that way too. When you have absolutely no chance to win it feels terrible. When you already have to complete more objectives as 1 player than the team of 4 players do but they can stack up on enough 2nd chances that you basically have to get enough hits/downs to win the game 2 or 3 times it feels hopeless. When you want to experiment with lesser perks and add-ons or a lower tier killer but you know the only way you'll get them to work is if you randomly get paired with chill survivors it's discouraging.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options

I wouldn't say I feel satisfied necessarily. If we were evenly matched or they were clearly better than me, then I'd be satisfied with 2 kills. If it was a hatch play or I know I made a game changing mistake or two, then I'd be pretty unhappy.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893
    Options

No, a 2k to me is a tie....I'm not satisfied with ties. Either we're fightin and I win, or you win....ties just make it feel incomplete.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,663
    Options

I'm satisfied with a 0k as long as there were some unique or interesting interactions in the match.

• Kyxlect
    Kyxlect Member Posts: 230
    Options

What are you talking about? Dead by Daylight is a stressfest bully simulator if you're playing Killer. Good chases? What are those? Against good Survivor's, chases are them vaulting through window after window after window after window after window after window after window then it's pallet after pallet after pallet after pallet after pallet after pallet after pallet. It feels like an eternal nightmare because you can't move your fat a** fast enough to ever catch up to them.

Two seems pretty low. I think I'd be satisfied with a 3k and that's only because I've lost many a 4k because Behavior decided to give Survivor's a pity escape aka Hatch so I'm pretty much forced to accept a 3k as a win. 4k's are still better and a true victory though.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

It depends. Lobby of chill survivors? I don't mind letting everyone go. One flashlight using jackanape? I am salty if I got 3 kills and them on hook state 2. They deserve to DIE!

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Too many variables. Depends on how the match went. If I was against a bully squad, playing badly or on an unfavourable map, then sure, 2k would be pleasing. Going into a match, I see a 2k as a stalemate, 2 dead but 2 out done you. Draw

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    Options

Its usually a draw at a 2k.

That's it really its the expected TIE of a game the devs say they want.

It never really feels good to get as the 2nd person to die is usually just camped to death once the last generator is done.

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452
    Options

Depends a lot on the context. 2k by camping at endgame or for pure survivor altruism instead of my skill? No.

A 2k with 8~10 hooks throughout the game and tons of cool stuff I did? Hell yeah.

• Niko_
    Niko_ Member Posts: 5
    Options

If i don't 4k for me is a bad game and i lose

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,541
    Options

Yea getting 2 kills is good... but:

If the 2 kills were one/two hooks each... not really (without me camping)

If the 2 escapes were through hatch... not really (without me camping/ not all gens were done)

If the chases were shorter then usual... not really (without me tunneling)

If the kills were more toward the start... not really (without me tunneling)

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497
    Options

Do you consider it a win if you get all the gens done but die anyway? Me neither, same thing here. 2k is at best a tie but more often than not a lose. 3k with a hatch escape is really a 4k, 3k with one escape through the gates (gens powered not bs gate spawns after closing hatch) then i consider that a really good match and a win for me and the survivor who escaped.

• FatallyIconic
    FatallyIconic Member Posts: 270
    Options

I'm happy with any amount of kills as long as I get a decent amount of hooks, chases, gen regression etc.

When I play killer or survivor I tend to play for points. Unfortunately, as much as I hate to do it, I am forced to slug survivors and tunnel when going against a 4-man SWF who rush gens (which happens a lot once I reach high MMR). This reduces the number of points I get significantly. The game just goes way too fast against an optimal SWF who prioritise generators. Slugging is almost necessary to slow the game down (as much as I hate doing it, and being on the receiving end as a survivor).

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

No

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025
    Options

Yea. I can even be satisfied with no killer xd

• Huge_Bush
    Options

I never said I considered it a win, I’m only asking if people are satisfied with a 2k if they had fun.

• bibibib8
    bibibib8 Member Posts: 843
    Options

If the match was fun and i get a 2k im not satisfied i need at least a 3k

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

Satisfied? Of course, i play primarily to have fun.

My fun does not solely reside in winning, i'd have switched to a different Killer as my main by now if that was the case.

• Desh
    Desh Member Posts: 1,118
    Options

Depends on the context. If it's just an average boring match, then no. If it's like, edge of your seat kinda gameplay where you're racing against skilled players or about to lose all 4 of them, then yes.

• baseballfan4877
    baseballfan4877 Member Posts: 364
    Options

no. 3k and im fine.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,726
    Options

if my points are not over 27 000, I get sad. 😥

• Huge_Bush
    Options

Don't beat yourself up about it. That's just how high level play is and it's what those players want. They're going all out to be as efficient as possible, you have to do the same to stand a chance.

• VioletCrimes
    VioletCrimes Member Posts: 878
    Options

I’m so ######### at killer that I’ll take a 1k.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,915
    Options

It depends on the quality of the opponents, my game play and the overall feel of the trial. If I was against good opponents and played well to get the 2k, that's a job well done. However, if I play particularily badly and fluke the 2k, or the opponents weren't good, then I wouldn't be satisfied by that.

• dezzmont
    dezzmont Member Posts: 481
    edited August 2021
    Options

It depends HEAVILY on the context.

Generally, however, it doesn't feel like a tie to get a 2 or a 1k. While that is the 'middle result' in theory, in practice killer is a very snowbally role and if you are only getting 1-2k it is because you nailed a kill in the finale which doesn't really 'count' and is meant to be 'higher lethality' than normal. If the game was close and you got a lot of hooks and just happened to not hook the same people too often it feels good, but usually the games that result in a 1-2k game are exactly as frustrating as the games where you get a 3-4k: Nothing comes together, the map is littered with strong tiles, or you are a killer who can't counter W meta very well.

Think about it: If the killer gets that 1 or 2 kills early that killer is probably getting a 3-4k. You are only getting a 1-2k if the majority of your game was non-productive. That is why I think the devs are making a mistake calling it the 'average result.' It is probably more accurate to say you want most games to be a 1-2k on a loss, or a 3k on a win, with 0k and 4k being rare because maps shouldn't be so strong the survivors can hold enough resources to avoid ever getting hooked late when rescues are near impossible, and hatch should favor the final survivor.

It is one of those weird unintuitive things where something that seems like a reasonable midpoint isn't just because of how games flow and play out in DBD.

Overall this focus on balance via 'how many kills the killer gets' kinda misses the point of why killer satisfaction is often so low though. Kills matter way less than killers feeling like their time is productive and they have good choices to make mid match. Kill count matters WAY less than how much 'rote' effort the killer has to put into a chase which is only fun for the survivor. If a killer is frequently getting downs and hooks without having to loop for a full 10 seconds around a stupid 4 foot long desk but they 0k that is probably a much better experience and far more satisfying than a safe pallet bonanza where the killer 4ks after spending 10 long arduous minutes breaking every pallet on the map without any chance to hit anyone before 4king at 1 gen because the survivors have no more resources left.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

It depends on how the match went. If there was a lot of back and forth, with no toxicity, sure, I can accept it.

• Alionis
    Alionis Member Posts: 974
    Options

Call me old school, but anything less than 4 sacrifices is a loss, regardless of how "fun" the game was.

• VioletCrimes
    VioletCrimes Member Posts: 878
    Options

It’s Blast Mine, one of Jill’s perks.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,741
    Options

For me, I've always considered a 2k a tie. So to me it's like, why get good at a killer if the best I'll get is a tie? That doesn't feel rewarding at all for the effort I put into a killer.