DON'T YOU THINK THE REPAIRING SPEED IS TOO FAST ?

Options

MY ENGLISH ISN'T THAT GOOD....

A KILLER CHASING A SURVIVOR FOR HOOK MAY TAKE 1 OR 2 MINUTES, AND THERE MAY HAVE 3 GENERATORS BE REPAIRED COMPLERELY.

THEREFORE, THE KILLER PLAYER WON'T HAVE GOOD GAMING EXPERIENCE UNLESS HE GET GOOD PERKS OR GOOD PLAYING SKILLS. ACTURALLY, THIS IS KILLING KILLER PLAYERS, ESPICALLY THE ROOKIE.

SHORTEN THE GAME TIME IS GOOD, BUT I THINK IT HAS PUT TOO MUCH PRESSURE ON KILLER PLAYERS.

I PLAY BOTH SIDES, AND I LOVE THIS GAME, HOPE YOU GUYS CAN CONSIDER THIS ISSUE.

THANKS FOR READING

Comments

• Ravio_Li
    Ravio_Li Member Posts: 126
    Options

As someone who plays both sides: No. They aren't too fast. This is the slowest they ever have been. The problem isn't gen speed, it's alternate objectives, and by that, I mean there are none. Totems only really are an issue if it's Devour Hope or NOED, Chests are short enough to not even consider an alternate objective and very few spawn in a map, Glyphs are limited to a handful of challenges. If we survivors were able to repeatedly collect glyphs for extra bloodpoints, shards, items, or buffs, there would be people hunting those in a lot of regular matches. Sabotage which used to be an alternate objective was gutted, instead of spending about the same amount of time to prep a hook for sabo (or getting rid of entirely), now is a quick interaction on a cooldown.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Options

Incorrect. Objectively incorrect.

Originally Gen speed with a single person with no external boosts from toolbox, prove thyself, spine chill etc was 100s. The current speed for a single survivor is now 80s. Old ruin actively harmed gen progress while you were working on and needed you to hit great skill checks to not regress your progress. Hitting all great skillchecks meant the gen took about 120s. Now ruin no longer actively cripples repair speed nor does it forcibly regress a gen for hitting only good skillchecks. Ruin only regresses a gen if you stop working on otherwise the speed is a flat 80s as usual.

Factor in toolboxes and perks that time shortens a decent bit even though toolbox bonuses and the brand new part add-on reduced their overall efficiency.

• Top_Secret_117
    Top_Secret_117 Member Posts: 154
    Options

The gens are allways gonna be a hot debate guys, its the core of the game. Do you really think the 800th post about it is gonna bring it in a new light when its allready a core aspect?

Anything that can be argued here has been argued in development probably to a bloody pulp

• Saviorace
    Saviorace Member Posts: 60
    Options

I think the main issue is so many Killers crutch ruin, undying, and corrupt intervention they never learn proper get pressure when they don't have those perks

• Ravio_Li
    Ravio_Li Member Posts: 126
    Options

Where does it say that original generators took 100 seconds or 120s+? I've only been able to find sources that claim 70 instead of the current 80. Yes, I didn't really account for Old Ruin, but Old Ruin was not as effective as new Ruin is. The only way I can see 100 seconds was during old Ruin and you were gen tapping. The new ruin also more proactively saves you time having to kick a generator and it regresses faster than normal if you can pressure them off of generators properly, meaning you have to more actively be swapping targets and be aware of where survivors are working on generators.

How do you get someone off a generator? How do you get multiple people off a single generator? You slug them. You hook them. Even just injuring can get some noobies off. Even just having your presence be there will get some people off. The survivors run away from the generator into a zone with no other gens or survivors? Corral them to the gens and other survivors so you can easily swap targets if need be. If you really don't want them back on that gen, you can camp it. Set up a 3 gen. Play killers with powers who are better at gen pressure. I don't know who you play, but based on the picture, I'll assume Legion. Legion is not in a good spot right now, so try someone like, Doctor who has gen pressure, as t3 madness will force them off a gen and cannot heal until finished with a short interaction similar to that of Mending. Play Leatherface, who punishes survivors for grouping up with his 1 tap. Play Huntress who can deal with survivors from a distance. Learn Nurse and her unrivaled strongest power. Learn Hillbilly and his 1 tap and mobility power.

• Niko_
    Niko_ Member Posts: 5
    Options

Yes, too fast

• Kyxlect
    Kyxlect Member Posts: 230
    Options

Either gen speeds or bad map design. Because as it stands, there's always one gen that gets finished before the Killer manages to down a Survivor and considering the fact that the Killer has to hook each of the four Survivor's three times just to sacrifice them while the Survivor's only have to do five gens, one of which they just completed and another which is likely to be done soon.

Honestly, I'd like to see what it'd be like if Behavior either made the maps smaller, removed a considerable amount of loops, windows and pallets or all of the above for the sake of making it easier to play the murdering psychopathic badass that you should be. Just add in an option to opt into "challenge mode" or something above the ready up button and let people play on one of these types of smaller maps.