Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,213
edited December 2018 in General Discussions

Wrote a post in wrong section of forum.

Post edited by Devil_hit11 on

Comments

• Crizpen
    Crizpen Member Posts: 129

@Devil_hit11 Those are all good points.

First though, your "Bug 2" may be the bug encountered with the new map and why it isn't currently playable. I don't know, but that would seem to be the obvious reason. As for "Bug 1," I've seen it happen on several killers when the survivor lands a pallet stun. It isn't exclusive to Legion, though I haven't seen the weapon animation glitch you described.

Now, to your points. Legion moonwalking to end the chase and cause the timer to drop is absolutely ridiculous. I'm not sure they could have the Deep Wound timer to continue during a chase without significantly lengthening the timer, which really doesn't change anything from where things stand now, except that if you hit multiple people, those not in chase would have more time to Mend.

I absolutely agree that Mend should have skill checks. As it is, Mend is too easy to do when you aren't being chased, particularly against a killer who isn't designed to focus down a single target, but to hit multiple targets at the same time.

As for causing a Hindered effect, it isn't a terrible idea. I'm absolutely sure the Dev's won't do that automatically though. Rather, if it were to be included, it would have to be as add-on's. Maybe a green causing some slowdown, while the rare would do a bit more. That said, I think I have a solution below that could bypass this issue without hindering survivors specifically.

I totally agree about his add-on's being mostly useless. The ultra-rares aren't nearly as good as some of the rares, and can actually be a hindrance to Legion.

One thing they should change, because the mechanic makes absolutely no sense, is a non-Frenzy hit draining the Frenzy meter. Why have this mechanic? It doesn't matter if it's a healthy survivor or a hurt one. If they have Deep Wounds or not, a non-Frenzy hit completely drains his meter. Which means, against a healthy survivor, Legion is penalized for not opening with a Frenzy / Deep Wound attack.

What kills me is that he was supposedly designed to be fun to play, and to play against. But most survivors I've talked to hate facing the Legion because he isn't a threat, but mostly an annoyance. It certainly isn't a lot of fun to play an ineffective character either. I just don't get it.

A change which may assist playing him, without making him overpowered, may be to change the second-attack mechanic. As you know, hitting a survivor refreshes the meter, but the second hit completely breaks it and fatigues Legion. Rather, I'd like to see a mechanic that doesn't drain the meter on the second hit, doesn't recharge it, but significantly lowers his Frenzy run speed.

I've heard a lot of numbers thrown around, mostly guesses (I think) at his Frenzy movement speed, but I'll give an example in round numbers, assuming a Frenzy speed of 140%:

Hit 1: refreshes the timer, works like it does now.
    Hit 2: doesn't change the timer, but reduces Frenzy speed to 120%, eliminates the heartbeat mechanic.
    Hit 3: doesn't change the timer, but reduces Frenzy speed to 105%

Obviously, chasing the same survivor for multiple hits would be increasingly difficult, but while his movement speed would be lower than even his base of 110% after the third hit, he can still leap pallets and windows.

This, I think, would help keep Legion viable with his power, and better able to end chases, while also balancing that against survivor's ability to play smart and utilize things like a pallet stun for when Legion is moving at the decreased speed.

Lastly, he should come with a built-in Lightborn. Pallet stun saves, to get a teammate off the hook... yeah, that can be avoided by making sure the area is clear of another survivor. Sabo squads there isn't much that can be done for, but they are pretty darn rare. On the other hand, a survivor jumping out and getting the flashlight save, when there's nothing Legion can do to avoid a well-timed purple flashlight, means he has to be begin the 4-hit chase from the start. That's 400% the number of hits any other killer has to land to recapture a saved survivor. Even after the upcoming change, it's 300% the number of hits.

After going through all the hell of ending a chase, he has to begin it all from the start again, wasting all the time he spent putting the survivor on the ground the first time. That gives entirely too much power to survivors, and particularly to the toxic players who will follow the killer, going for saves, rather than completing objectives.

Overall, the problem with Legion is that his power hurts him as much as it helps him, and he's penalized for not using it. For example, he can hit multiple people in quick succession, and the ones not being chased are forced to Mend, but once they have, they're right as rain. Meanwhile, Legion is spending more time chasing down multiple people, or having to wait through Frenzy refreshes to down a player. So, while Deep Wounds on multiple players may slow down the game a bit, the mechanics also give the survivors more time to complete objectives. That's where Legion's biggest problem lies.

Oh, BTW, TrU3 got 18 in a row before his streak was blown. Yes, Legion can kill, but his mechanics make him an annoyance to survivors, and utterly frustrating for the killer. That isn't the "fun" the Dev's keep going on about.