Pigs timer...

Options

I just had a pig block me in a corner while stealth so my timer would deplete. It's pretty disgusting how that passes, I know there's no way to work around that but seriously?

Is that exploiting her abilities or did I get severely outplayed and should uninstall.

Comments

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

Outplayed unfortunately. There’s a reason it’s setup not to activate in stealth. Pretty crappy though. Seems like something that would happen to me.

• WhyDoiGetFacecamped
    WhyDoiGetFacecamped Member Posts: 45
    Options

I get that but to be more specific I was doing the box behind the counter on gas heaven and she crouched over and blocked me in (window wasn't open either).

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270
    Options
  • Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

Back when there was a daily to get a head pop with the trap I was guilty of stealthing around and following a survivor til they died so I know just how cheeky you can be with those traps.

I've never been a fan of them as survivor though. I feel like every time a pig downs me and puts a trap on my head and it takes more than 3 boxes to take off someone else on my team has gone down and a generator has popped. Just too much is out of the survivor's hands, especially if you enter another chase and get downed again. Playing as the pig I don't feel like I notice an effect until someone dies from it.

I get it. The jigsaw franchise revolves around these sorts of traps, but can't say I like them. Pig is just an awkward killer. Normal M1 game, an ambush attack that has a loud scream accompany it, and her RNG traps. Her stealth game is...okay I guess, I've been snuck up on but that's not really something to brag about considering how oblivious I can be at times. (A few days ago I walked directly into a Dark Devotion Plague player.)

Nerf the pig, etc. Pig clearly had a better gamer chair.

• UncleStabby
    UncleStabby Member Posts: 837
    Options

This is an interesting take. As a Pig main, when I put traps on survivor's heads, they usually manage to get it off on the first try. If I'm not using Tampered Timer, they always get it off without exception, and usually before the trap is even activated.

BUT as a survivor it takes me four boxes minimum almost every time. Its funny how different the perception is between both roles.

I wouldn't say nerf Pig, but I'd definitely say rework her.

As for you, all I can say is... "That's rough, Buddy." I'm a pig main, and I didn't even know it worked like that. Then again, I don't make a habit of following trapped survivors, especially in stealth. If you don't mind me asking, how did the rest of your team fare?

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052
    Options

Unfortunately there's nothing that can be really done about it because the timer means you're not being held hostage.

But the player was clearly an A-hole.

• smappdooda
    smappdooda Member Posts: 543
    Options

There are killers you should never corner up against. Ghostface, Billy, Bubba, Plague, Pig (with an active hat on), Trapper, Myers and to some degree Oni.

• WhyDoiGetFacecamped
    WhyDoiGetFacecamped Member Posts: 45
    Options

I think one or two might've escaped the pig was just tunnelling the entire match lol.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
    Options

Well it's time to nerf Pig

• PhantomChimera
    PhantomChimera Member Posts: 666
    edited August 2021
    Options

If you have enough space to try and run you might be able to get into a chase which will pause the timer.

I have had someone playing as the Pig hold the game hostage.

I'm not sure what it is with some players who play as the Pig. I know it isn't all of them who play as that killer. When I play as that killer their are many times I won't even tunnel a survivor who has a trap on them.

Post edited by PhantomChimera on
  • TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

Sounds to me like that box should be moved a bit to prevent that from happening.

• PhantomChimera
    PhantomChimera Member Posts: 666
    Options

I read another post that one of the boxes was is the hidden tunnel in Midwich that is blocked by the two doors that the killer has to break for survivors to get access to.

• UncleStabby
    UncleStabby Member Posts: 837
    Options

About what I expected. I can't imagine she was getting much done if she had time to do that.