MMR: Survivor experience

Options
Marigoria
Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
edited August 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I've been seeing a lot of threads about killers encountering more "sweaty" swf teams since MMR started.

I'd like to see some survivor perspective.

As someone who only plays solo, since MMR dropped not much has changed. Same queue times, same type of team mates. I have encountered more killers who camp/tunnel. And by camping, I do mean face camping included, not just "patrolling".

I've also been seeing mostly spirit, nurse, wraith and a bubba here and there.

Edit: Adding that a lot of these matches have been depips/blackpips as well, since if the killer camps/tunnels, you can mostly only do gens and wont pip, making the matches also extremely boring and not engaging.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,788
    Options

Since mmr happened I've been getting teammates that die instantly in chase but know how to do gens and I've seen trapper like 60% of the time for some reason

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,179
    edited August 2021
    Options

I'm happy to say my survivor games have been better (though I still get those random games where someone is farming people in front of the killer without BT).

I don't mind being camped or tunnel (if it really bothers me, I have perks for that), but what drives me up the wall is survivor inaction. If that's going to happen, please please please please do gens, and I'm happy to say that they are doing gens. But I have wrote in another thread that camping for 2k total has been happening normally, and it reminds me of Identity V. Strangely though, I don't mind it because I really do feel like they are doing the best they can (killer included) and aren't throwing. But I still want more time with it.

• Marigoria
    Options

Kindred is always in my build, and it really annoys me when I'm being camped (they see the killer aura there), and instead of doing gens they just hide behind a wall looking at me and the killer.

If I'm gonna die on first hook because of a camping killer, I dont want the killer to get more kills just because they didnt do gens.

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380
    Options

I have been paired with both kinds as a survivor. Low rank brainlets and super sweaty godlike teamates. Not for killer though, every killer match i've tried has matched me against at least a duo SWF who are playing excruciatingly sweaty

• DuneT
    DuneT Member Posts: 88
    Options

That is indeed the major downside on this perk. It can't help you in your gameplay at all if the other survivors are beyond clueless.

Like all other three hovering around nearby while I'm being camped on the hook. Has happened more than once to me. Almost makes me wish I could just turn the perk off in such a situation.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

My games got harder as a survivor even though I suck at them. For whatever reason, the game really values whatever I do as a survivor even though my chases are like 10 seconds average. Rofl.

Compare that to killer where I was rank 8 playing nice, and all of a sudden games are WAY too easy. I have to slug just to give them time to escape now...

• Anki
    Anki Member Posts: 58
    edited August 2021
    Options

My games have been extremely inconsistent. I have been checking how many hours my teammates have in the game, and some have had way over a thousand or two, and some under hundred. I literally had teammates with under 2 hours in the game and I personally have 600. Also same with the killers. My teammates had over thousand hours in the game, but we still went against a hag who had just bought the game. They didn't get a single hook ): Sad thing about that also was that I couldn't even let them hook me at the end game to cheer them up, because my mmr would have probably dropped a lot.

• apathyinc
    apathyinc Member Posts: 451
    Options

I play solo queue and since MMR I've actually been pipping up again. I went the whole last rank reset pretty much stuck at rank 4, I'd pip up, then get games where I'd be camped and end up with 3K points or games that were over with fast escapes but no chases or unhooks resulting in a negative pip. Since they enabled MMR, I've had a much better time getting better games where I can actually rank up. I also haven't been camped AT ALL with MMR on. I usually play pretty chill, so it's nice to be matched with other players who play the same.

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052
    Options

I've noticed a lot more camping, which has been pretty uncommon in my games for a while. The kind of camping you're talking about where they just stand there or run around my hook in circles without ever chasing anyone.

There was one Michael that instantly moried all of us within the first 2 minutes, which was honestly kind of a nice break from being on hook 90% of the other games lol

Other than that, nothing too different.

• Marigoria
    Options

Yea I think in 20+ matches I had one where the killer didnt camp, and that was because they were afk.

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052
    Options

Bummer. I hope for both our sake we have better luck over time. 😭

• Red_Beard
    Red_Beard Member Posts: 550
    Options

Here has been my experience this far as a solo survivor. I have mostly been playing survivor the last couple months so the system should have a decent amount of data on my survivor play.

During the morning hours when my survivor queues are fastest, I feel I have been getting better survivors than I was with emblem rank match making. Most of my games at this time it seems the survivors are too efficient for the killers to be able to overcome and thus feels like the killers I face are not of the same skill level, at least as of the team as a collective. Their have been a few exceptions but for the most part the only killers that seem to have been able to put on enough pressure have been ruin, undying, tinkerer blights and 1 cracked spirit. Speaking of spirits, it seems a lot of them have taken the iron will buff hard (not saying it was a bad buff, just pointing out my experience). I only played against one nurse and they didn't do well.

In the evening, when my survivor queues are long, the level skill of my teammates drastically drops. Most of the killers still feel like I out skill based on how chases go. Then the next match might be a 6k hour wraith that destroys us. So it seems like it can be all over the place.

I have a little over 2100 hours. In my morning queues I have been paired with 3 fairly well known streamers with thousands of hours more play time than me and in my opinion, highly out skill me. I'm not sure why the SBMM would think I'm of the same skill level.

With the exception of better teammates during my better survivor queue times, I do not feel like my matches have seemed more fair or evenly matched than they were with emblem rank match making.

• Red_Beard
    Options

Just to give an example of my previous post, I just got out of a match against a 1700 hour blight main. They were decent but weren't running the meta build and were streaming so I'm sure a bit distracted. One of the other survivors playing Ace got in a chase and went down really fast. The rest of the match they didn't touch another gen. Because they didn't do anything but hide, the rest of the team was killed before the final gen could get done. One gen was 50% and another was 75% and easily could have been finished if they would have helped. In the end, the killer found Ace trying to open a gate after hatch was closed but the killer let him go because he offered his flashlight. He told me in end chat he had 450 hours playing.

How can I get paired with survivors with 8000 hours at one time, but then get survivors with less than 500 later on? How is this any different than rank based?

• ImBrakingBike
    ImBrakingBike Member Posts: 454
    edited August 2021
    Options

Since last night I'm getting matched with red rank 1.5k+ hour Killers. Is MMR off again? (I'm rank 9, 6 before reset with around 600 hours)

• Daisymoon87
    Daisymoon87 Member Posts: 68
    Options

Prior to this I was getting good matches with (6-11 ranks) and the killers are good but not too overpowering and whether I would win or lose I was having strong games and everyone was getting plenty of BPs and the games lasted decently and were fun. I didn't have issues with camping or tunneling and I started to LIKE killers I once despised....

Then this happened and now I'm being paired with killers that camp/tunnel or baby killers that my bestie and I probably make cry. I don't bully and I hate those that do...but when you smoke killers because they're god awful...I feel awful and it feels like bullying to me. So far, I'm not satisfied with this BS new ranking system they're working on.

• Red_Beard
    Options

This MMR test has been the worst for me. The majority of my matches don't feel fun. It's either all the survivors are very efficient and we blow through gens or it's teammates that hide in lockers from BBQ even when the killer is on the opposite side of the map or get off the gen and hide behind a rock because spine chill activated even though there is no terror radius and they can see the obsession is being chased. And those matches with the "stealthy" survivors seem to be against the sweatiest of the sweaty killers that proxy camp and tunnel immediately off of the hook even though there are 5 gens still up.

How can my teammates go from 8000 hour players to 450 hour players that are clearly 450 hour players and not on smurf accounts? Especially when the majority of my game play has been survivor since they reset and started recording the data again. I definitely do not enjoy this round of MMR testing more than emblem rank based. Even the last test I seemed to bounce around from extreme to extreme. With rank based my matches are more of the in between with a few of the extreme cases here and there. With this MMR test it is extreme cases most of the time with a couple in-between matches here and there.

• Kyxlect
    Kyxlect Member Posts: 230
    Options

I've had a decent Survivor experience. On day one my teammates were all competent. On day two they were mostly potato's. On day three it was kind of a mix of both but most of them were competent. It was usually like three competent Survivor's and for some reason the system keeps brings in a potato as the fourth. SWF's are pretty terrible, I was told it would find the "average" skill level of an SWF group. But that could mean that one Survivor is competent but they're bringing a potato.

My Killer experience is as many other Killers, nothing but sweaty SWF's or really high skilled solo's and that combined with how the system tends to choose the absolute worst map for the Killer you've chosen? Instant loss. System didn't even have mercy on me like it's supposed to if you have a low level Killer or one that you haven't played in a long time.