Repurpose Hawkins map into a Trickster map

Options
Huge_Bush
Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,105

Remove the portal room, widen the overall map and pop a stage with a dance floor in the center of the map. Turn the upstairs into a VIP lounge and maybe an office room. Add Tricksters dressing room with a dead body or two. Don't forget the bathrooms.

Color the walls black and make the hallway floors and ceilings a mirror. As some cool lights that zip along the joints between the floor and walls.

You guys can get really creative, but I really think if you take my suggestions, we'd get a nice and unique map. Just don't make it as dark as RPD.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options

That is a good idea.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

I like this idea. Good thinking.

• kDarko
    kDarko Member Posts: 64
    Options

That'd be awesome, dude.

• TMCalypso
    TMCalypso Member Posts: 334
    Options

I'd rather trickster get a city map based on the All-Kill lobby appearance. An ok suggestion, but I think the Hawkins' layout would work better as something like an Abandoned Mineshaft, a different area of Lery's, A Prison, A generic Hospital...

In all honesty...the layout could work for a lot of things, just change up or add/remove certain areas with the reskin and it would be different enough to not be an exact copy while leaving room to keep the variant in should they ever get the Stranger Things license back.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

they could keep the portal room and repurpose it into a stage room.

honestly, i would totally be down for them to just reskin the map to fit a different Killers theme who never got the chance to have their own realm.

though the general layout of Hawkins might be more fitting to be repurposed into the Blights secret laboratory, no?

• Kasamsky
    Kasamsky Member Posts: 264
    Options

I don't like trickster and all but that sounds kinda cool. I can imagine the corridors with neon lights all over the place.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,105
    Options

I like my idea better, but I'm not against yours. As long as they repurpose it and we have more maps in the rotation, I am happy.

Though, I feel like a mansion with a small hidden laboratory would be better for Blight.

• FearlessHunter
    FearlessHunter Member Posts: 530
    Options

It would be a smart move, that way they won't just bin a whole map that they clearly put a lot of time into and can please the players who were annoyed that Trickster didn't get a map

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,694
    Options

As goofy as the Trickster looks, I think an all neon map would look phenomenal.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,429
    Options

Some ideas I had with this theme in mind:

Turn the portal room into a recording booth and turn the area leading upstairs into an outside area, with the stairs leading up to a floor of an apartment complex. The top floor then becomes the interior of said complex.

Not sure what to do with the catwalks, though.

• Mister_xD
    Options

the current lab rooms with the catwalks could just turn into storage rooms with a catwalk to access the higher levels of the shelves around?

or maybe into some sort of set they used to film a music video in that has a catwalk above for all the lights and stuff?

• VioletCrimes
    VioletCrimes Member Posts: 878
    Options

This is a great idea.

• Mister_xD
    Options

the point is that they will remove the map, but we can keep the layout and essentially create a reskin of the map that would then fit into Tricksters lore & design, as he hasnt had his own map yet.

That way we could keep the map without hurting any licenses.

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009
    edited August 2021
    Options

Trickster, Twins, or Blight really should adopt this map in their own style.

Trickster works well in the sense it could be repurposed into a building or even narrow alley way streets. His map potential has always been HUGE and even the devs said they might explore it. Nothing but silence though on that though since then.

The other two could work as well. Twins could be the cult's underground lair in some cave or catacombs that they were held in. And Blight could obviously be his lab.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

This is why people should join the Bush. Can’t put my finger on why but it seems like the people in the Bush are the wisest of them all 🤔

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719
    Options

I would be perfectly fine with the map's general structure and layout being recreated without the Stranger Things license and adjusted for balance beforehand if deemed necessary. That would be absolutely fine with me. I'm not lamenting the map because I personally greatly enjoy it (which I do, on both sides), I'm lamenting the fact that any map is being removed, period. That's one less unique thing in this game for some people to look forward to. If this is an opportunity to turn a negative into a positive, I'm all for it. I just don't want things to start disappearing.

• Retro
    Retro Member Posts: 16
    Options

Make map called Studio or something like this

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923
    Options

Gotta bump so the og gets the credit :)

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,429
    Options

This, down to the word.

Though, as iffy I am about the ST inclusion as a whole, I've grown strangely fond of the whole sci-fi aesthetic going on. Even if they do change it into something original, I'll still miss what it once was. The weird noises, the rats in the cages that startle me every time, hell even that weird dropdown catwalk thingy in the portal room.

• DeadHardMan
    DeadHardMan Member Posts: 319
    Options

I agree completely.

• PlayEvilDead
    PlayEvilDead Member Posts: 91
    Options

Turn it into the backstages area at a concert or something and call it his map, it would be fitting enough.