survivors who hide in lockers during tombstone myers

Options
MyersIsPantless
MyersIsPantless Member Posts: 104
edited April 2022 in General Discussions

why? why do you feel the need to make sure someone doesn’t get their achievement?

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options

that's just how some people are i guess. It's why i wouldn't even recommend trying to get it, it took me like 8 tries and i got so close on three of them but they kept doing this. If you're trying to go for the achievement, just hook them. Then they look stupid for just giving themselves away.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

It took me a decent bit to get it myself. I'm so glad I have it. I was robbed as I had it but the game did register it. I def had a few that kept running into lockers. Absolutely hated but, hooked em and moved on if a few attempts failed in that match. Best I can say is to try at lower ranked levels and hope you encounter Survivors who don't know the counter to deny that Trophy.

• PalletsAndHooks
    PalletsAndHooks Member Posts: 989
    Options

I ended up learning how to play michael myers better after getting that achievement. It's a bottle neck / gate for sure but once you get through it, michaels kit doesn't come off as outdated

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,783
    Options

I've given a few Mikeys the tombstone kill on me before. If they are going full tombstone with tuft then they are usually going for the achievement because Mikeys usually do not run it with tuft because it takes so long to get going. Tombstone piece on the other hand with J Myers memorial tends to be more common because it much easier to use, and that's usually what Mikeys run if they just want some fun with a tombstone kill.

I am always happy to help other players get their achievements if I can. Some of them are really tough. I've spent up to 45 minutes once in a match with a Huntress player helping her get her skilled Huntress achievement. Bare in mind this was a console Huntress where the achievement requires a hundred hatchet downs from 24 meters away, not just twenty like on PC.

• MadmegMain
    MadmegMain Member Posts: 105
    Options

i would much rather live than give someone an achievement. If i was able to get a decent amount of points sure tombstone me. But not before ive gotten a few rescues and done a gen.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,529
    edited August 2021
    Options

I get that this is looked down upon when the last survivor is doing it. But in every other case it’s just the counterplay to that playstyle.

you are expecting the survs to farm with for the achievement without them getting anything else in return from it.

if you actually want the achievement so much, maybe just try to actually farm with them, as killer contact them in prelobby (as long as they are same platform it’s even possible on consoles I think)

Post edited by Mooks on
  • Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651
    Options

They do this to spite you, because thats the only thing they can do at that point. Yes it is petty, but so is caring about achievements in the first place.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

If they're already going to die as the last Survivor, IE last alive and being chased and they run into a Locker and refuse to get out, yeah its a bit petty if all Myers has been doing has been Tombstone killing people.

Is it legal? Of course, it's whatever to me, despite being a bit annoying (already got the Trophy long ago)..but it is still 100% petty if it is certain they aren't getting out, the Killer has 3/4 Survivors Tombstoned and the last denies it by just staying in a locker (or worse Disconnects & denies the kill).

• Lord_Tony
    Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109
    Options

if they hop in a locker in your face with no head-on then they dying for free.

according to my stats anyways I apparently got 4 kills with tombstone myers 3 times lol. So it's still 100% possible

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306
    Options

If they DC, ######### 'em, agreed.

But hopping into a locker turns "Absolutely 0% chance" into "not-too-far-off-but-still-not-0% chance". Especially if you think they're just going to let you wiggle off.

• SammehStormborn
    SammehStormborn Member Posts: 147
    Options

Doesn’t have to be about helping, but when someone above has stated last survivor alive has DCed rather than take the L and be killed is being petty.

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,576
    Options

I myself don't hide in the lockers or anything like that, I just get tired of the fact I seem to be the first one all the time, after Myers gets juiced on someone else and I am the first to go with my poor few points I have.

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758
    Options

I would just recommend bringing Cypress Mori to be honest. Some might act petty knowing you are doing that achievement. Some might not know you are doing that achievement and don't want to get stabbed. Feels bad to fail that achievement anyway.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    Options
  • ShakeyGames
    ShakeyGames Member Posts: 140
    Options

I actually got the Evil Incarnate achievement on my first try. The survivors didn't know how to counter me by hiding in lockers so it was an easy 4k. My friend on the other hand spent an entire day trying for the achievement, and in almost every game the survivors caught on that he was trying for the achievement and just hid in lockers.

The fact that YOUR killer achievement rests more in the hands of the SURIVORS and not really your own skill is very frustrating.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

I sympathise with how annoying the achievement is but lol I'm not gonna assist you in killing me, or my team for that matter. If I went for it I wouldn't expect the survivors to roll over and die immediately for my convenience either.

If I was the last survivor alive and had the option of gate or hatch I might consider offering myself up instead, before then, no.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556
    Options

people calling them broken add-ons... have you played with them? they aren't. specially the tombstone, it's literally bad.

also, it's very easy to tell who is going for the achievement, because they play very "uniquely".

and no one is telling the survivor to not try to survive, just to not keep hiding in a locker when you have no chance of survival just to spite the killer

• Mistikus
    Mistikus Member Posts: 1,348
    Options

how dear the sirvivros trying to survied and not get moried right a way

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,660
    Options

I think most people are thinking of the Tombstone piece when they bring it up as that is quite strong. Judith's is as you said, pretty bad.

• Afius
    Afius Member Posts: 563
    Options

When I play killer I will occasionally try to let a survivor get the left for dead ( or whatever it's called) because I know for much of a pain it can be.

• VioletCrimes
    VioletCrimes Member Posts: 878
    Options

This was my thought. I’ve never happened in a locker to avoid tombstone, mostly because I keep forgetting to pay attention to his hands, but for all I know, you’re just trying to get an instant kill.

• PhantomChimera
    PhantomChimera Member Posts: 666
    edited August 2021
    Options

Yea it took several attempts to get it. My main problem was survivors disconnecting.

If I had to deadly wound them I would just leave them on the ground a someone would usually heal them. That wouldn't work in your situation as it was the only remaining survivor. Perhaps let them wiggle free far enough away from a locker that so they have to travel farther.

When I close to not getting the achievement when I finally did. The last survivor was healthy and tea bagging me from the exit gate. It looked as if the survivor thought I would hit them and they would still escape. Had the survivor been paying attention to what happened to the other survivors they may have known that Myers grabs them prohibiting any escape.

I recorded the match and the end was great.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,812
    edited August 2021
    Options

I tried getting as far away from any lockers as I could, but the map was Temple of Purgation. It wasn't a fun match. Another survivor had also hidden in a locker, and I forced her back on her feet; rather than run back to the locker like the next survivor did, she disconnected mid-Tombstone.

My second try was also on the Temple of Purgation (super unlucky), and the last two survivors escaped with a key they found in a chest.

I got it on my third try, on the Game map. I even got a message from one of the survivors afterward like, "You really got us! gg" so that was nice.

• Laurie268
    Laurie268 Member Posts: 563
    edited August 2021
    Options

That’s really smart, gonna have to remember that next time I play against tombstone Myers

• ouroboros_world
    ouroboros_world Member Posts: 215
    Options

Because boosted survivors always want at least one escape or the killer and addons are op and “unfun” for them lol. Survivors can gen rush before tombstone even happen and Myers is a lot slower with tombstone/tuft of hair. Only reason survivors hide in lockers is just to be petty lol, same reason survivor mains camp at the exit gate till last second even though they could already be in a new game lol

This discussion has been closed.