Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Quite disappointed...

Krowplex
Krowplex Member Posts: 46

I just played a match as The Doctor. I did a really good run. I didn't get any hook kills but I got everyone on the hook at least twice. I ended up with 25k bloodpoints, more than any survivor.

And guess what... I got 1/4 of a black pip... Yep. Almost nothing at all. I've in fact deranked.

I guess that's the price to pay for not camping someone on the hook... because let's be honest, If I did camp, I would have ranked up.

We're crying over killers who's camping but the devs are promoting camping in order to rank up... Something isn't right.

Comments

• EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    the font is cute but unreadable.
  • Krowplex
    edited June 2018

Here's the thing though : I did not get looped.

I did manage to get everyone on the hook twice and maxed my deviousness and brutality. Yet, I got 1/4 of a black pip. Anyone realize how crazy this is? This means that, even if I did amazingly good (even the survivors confirmed it to me), I still need to hook kill at least 2 persons.

• EpicFailTryHard
    supposedly it is being fixed in 2.0 update.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    yes, ranking is a hopeless ambition as it is unless one is playing swf or camping/tunneling.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    edited June 2018
    both of which are in abundance right now.  almost every game i played tonight as survivor, the killer has camped and tunneled.  not fun but necessary from killer perspective. is what it is and i have a hard time being willing to continue.  i haven't touched killer in a couple weeks.
  • Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985
    The problem is, if you didn't get any kills, you didn't do amazingly good. It sucks sometimes, but that's just the truth of it. Game play wise, lore wise, common sense, whatever. The goal is to sacrifice. The first few hooks are good, but killing them is the end goal. If you had killed them then;

A. You're gatekeeper would be better because less survivor means slower gen progression.

B. Malicious score would be higher, because hook points don't go away, max brutality and deviousness will do nothing for you here, kills will.

C. Devout would obviously be higher. You need kills for devout.

And D. More chases usually means that you're finding and losing survivors frequently, which is great for their evaded score, but will reflect poorly on your chaser score.

So yeah, not surprised one bit you depipped. It's like playing survivor and only getting altruism/boldness and not doing any gens. Like its great if you max both of those, but your goal is to escape, if you don't do that, your chances of pipping drop like a rock.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    i.e.-camp and tunnel more.
  • Krowplex

I get what you're saying, but here's the thing:

If I want to rank up, I need to camp and tunnel and I feel bad for doing so because it ruins the others game experience...

and if I don't camp or tunnel and actually try to be fair, I won't even get close to black pip...

If I did get a black pip at least I wouldn't have been mad but deranking for not being a d*ckhead towards others is really contradictory of what we are trying to achieve as a community.

• Juhonna
    Juhonna Member Posts: 23

@Krowplex said:

If I want to rank up, I need to camp and tunnel and I feel bad for doing so because it ruins the others game experience...

and if I don't camp or tunnel and actually try to be fair, I won't even get close to black pip...

If I did get a black pip at least I wouldn't have been mad but deranking for not being a d*ckhead towards others is really contradictory of what we are trying to achieve as a community.

I appreciate you playing the way you do, I always want the killer and survivor to have good/fun games, they need to fix the emblem system, 25K and no pip is like a slap in the face.

• Steebear
    Steebear Member Posts: 105

@Krowplex said:

I just played a match as The Doctor. I did a really good run. I didn't get any hook kills but I got everyone on the hook at least twice. I ended up with 25k bloodpoints, more than any survivor.

And guess what... I got 1/4 of a black pip... Yep. Almost nothing at all. I've in fact deranked.

I guess that's the price to pay for not camping someone on the hook... because let's be honest, If I did camp, I would have ranked up.

We're crying over killers who's camping but the devs are promoting camping in order to rank up... Something isn't right.

Have you got a screenshot of this? I am amazed you only got 1/4 of a black pip with 25k and had them all on dead on hook...in fact I find it hard to believe at all honestly.

• Krueger1428
    Krueger1428 Member Posts: 76
    Krowplex said:

You can 4k without camping or tunneling a solid 95% of the time. Just keep practicing and you won't have to do any of that while still getting what you want/need. However, if the survivors are being dicks, i.e. teabagging, or flashlighting you at pallets. Dont feel bad about making examples of them. (I'm a survivor main and I know survivors more often than not deserve it.)
  • Krowplex

@Krueger1428 said:
    Krowplex said:

You can 4k without camping or tunneling a solid 95% of the time. Just keep practicing and you won't have to do any of that while still getting what you want/need. However, if the survivors are being dicks, i.e. teabagging, or flashlighting you at pallets. Dont feel bad about making examples of them. (I'm a survivor main and I know survivors more often than not deserve it.)

It really depends of what killer you play. The Doctor doesn't really have any special ability except finding people. Yes you can 4k without camping/tunnel but if the survivors are somewhat decent, it will sometimes be really hard for what we consider mid-tier low-tier killers. We could also talk about how it often rely on survivors' mistakes, but that would be another topic...

• Steebear
    Steebear Member Posts: 105

I only say that @Krowplex because you gain points for hooking as well as sacrificing and you will also have gained substantial points in chaser if you managed to get 8 hookings as well. I have never achieved that many hookings and not black pipped with the new system.

This means for me this was either a bug that needs addressing or you did not hook them as much as you think you did (which I can frequently do in the heat of games)

The combined points of those areas alone and the fact that 8 hookings must also have netted you some points in Gatekeeper for slowing the game down (unless they all came after exit gate power) makes this hard to understand. I have had few problems with the new system and find ranking up fairly straight forward albeit a little longer at times due to black pips.

• Krueger1428
    Krueger1428 Member Posts: 76
    Fair enough, but when I play killer I'm predominantly a Freddy main (weakest killer in the game) and I still hardly ever camp or tunnel. If you're determined to play as fair as you can, most of the time its possible. 
  • SYSTEM_GLITCH
    SYSTEM_GLITCH Member Posts: 5

Well, I have mad many matches where I kill no one and pip up since the patch. So the problem seems to have been addressed.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Krowplex said:

You are supposed to kill as killer.
    Tunneling and camping are effective tactics, use them.
    You simply cant 3 hook everyone if the survivors are not completely braindead

• EpicFailTryHard
    edited June 2018
    Master said:

@Krowplex said:

You are supposed to kill as killer.
    Tunneling and camping are effective tactics, use them.
    You simply cant 3 hook everyone if the survivors are not completely braindead

no, you simply can't hook them 3 times.  

fixed.
    Post edited by EpicFailTryHard on
  • Krowplex

https://clips.twitch.tv/EphemeralOutstandingWasabiUnSane

Here's a clip from AngryPug... Not the same situation as me, but still.

• Juya
    Juya Member Posts: 63

@Krowplex said:
    https://clips.twitch.tv/EphemeralOutstandingWasabiUnSane

Here's a clip from AngryPug... Not the same situation as me, but still.

now if that's not good enough of a proof that the emblem system is crap, then I don't know what to say anymore.