The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The ability to hit survivors AND cut the pallet they are vaulting leads to too many bs hits

White_Owl
White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
edited November 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

I've seen it a lot of times (and it happened to me a couple times) since the introduction of this feature, and most of the times it happens when the survivor is basically on the other side of the pallet.
Personaly I dislike this mechanic, which looks bad (the survivor just drops down like a bag of potatoes) and as I said leads to hits that shouldn't have been. Even as killer it feels bs honestly, because if the survivor managed to get to a dropped pallet in time he shouldn't get downed without any counterplay. Instantly destroying a pallet with the survivor right in range for another chainsaw hit already seems good to me.
TL;DR Cutting both a pallet and the survivor is a bad mechanic and should be removed

Comments

• Whispers23
    Whispers23 Member Posts: 111

@Malakir said:
    Drop it earlier. Problem solved

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

Sry for my bad english.

You want a reworked vaquum pallet.
    And vaquum pallets were a rly bad thing.
    Example:
    The Killer is behind you and his weapon is infront of the survivors hitbox.
    Befor the weapon hits you, you activated the animation for stunning the killer with a pallet.
    While you do this animation, the weapon from the killer is inside of the survivor hitbox.
    The survivor hit the killer with the pallet and the killer hit the survivor with his weapon.
    Both things will happen.
    Killer is stunned and the killer hit the survivor with his weapon.
    This is absoluty fine.

Like Malakir said:
    Drop it eralier.

• White_Owl
    edited November 2018

I don't get it, the word "vaulting" is in the title and everyone talks about dropping pallets... I mean, at least read what you're gonna comment about.
    Btw Wolf74, your slogans are not contructive at all.

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    edited November 2018
    While it may be bs for survivors now it was more bs for me to chainsaw a pallet a survivor was vaulting and have him survive it
  • White_Owl
    edited November 2018

@thekiller490490 said:
    While it may be bs for survivors now it was more bs for me to chainsaw a pallet a survivor was vaulting and have him survive it

Eh honestly I always felt it was a good compromise, he survived the hit thanks to his good timing/luck, I instantly destroyed a pallet and was already at point blank distance for another chainsaw. Now it's just "oh, I revved too late... too bad, you're down anyway".
    A good compromize would to keep the mechanic, but only in the first half of the vault. If the survivor is on the other side and the weapon visually doesn't even touch him he shouldn't get hit.

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    Vietfox said:
    Malakir said:
    Give us dedicated servers, problem solved. Tired of killers hosting and ruling everything that's going on.
    First, dedicated servers have its downsides too
    Second, you can check people ping when you join a lobby
  • apropos
    apropos Member Posts: 245

@White_Owl said:
    I've seen it a lot of times (and it happened to me a couple times) since the introduction of this feature, and most of the times it happens when the survivor is basically on the other side of the pallet.
    Personaly I dislike this mechanic, which looks bad (the survivor just drops down like a bag of potatoes) and as I said leads to hits that shouldn't have been. Even as killer it feels bs honestly, because if the survivor managed to get to a dropped pallet in time he shouldn't get downed without any counterplay. Instantly destroying a pallet with the survivor right in range for another chainsaw hit already seems good to me.
    TL;DR Cutting both a pallet and the survivor is a bad mechanic and should be removed

Using the chainsaw in a looping situation is high risk high reward, and usually ends in nothing more than breaking a pallet. Which, even when broken with the chainsaw, hinders them for 2 seconds giving the survivor an 8 meter lead time before the killer has even determined which direction they ran; you don't even need to consider the distance gained as the killer charged their power.

So, assuming the killer knows where the survivor ran, it will take ~3.5 sec (2.5 sec at bloodlust I) for every 2 meters of distance that needs to be closed. Considering that pallets are usually 14-16m apart, if the survivor knows where they're going they can make it to a pallet before either hillbilly or cannibal can get in range to even lunge.

Meaning that without the downing + breaking combo, the survivor could essentially straddle a pallet anytime the chainsaw power came their way in a chase to easily buy enough time to get to another pallet. This could go on forever, and speaking from experience, it happened all the time while playing the cannibal.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@Whispers23 said:

@Malakir said:

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Malakir said:
    Vietfox said:
    Malakir said:
    Give us dedicated servers, problem solved. Tired of killers hosting and ruling everything that's going on.
    1 - Not as many as local servers, that's why most games got dedicated servers. If you are playing a mp game and they let you to choose which one would you pick, local or dedicated? Gimme a break pls.
    2 - You can get lag spikes even with green ping, and not always because survivors internet.
  • friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162

@White_Owl said:

nah its fine it might seem bs but because we dont have dedicated servers well thats why

• DukeJukem
    DukeJukem Member Posts: 114

survivors need to be able to drop the pallet while running about 30-50% of the way through it instead of like 75-80% of the way like it is now. yes this would create a slight "vacuum" but killers get so many bs hits through pallets ever since they ######### with them when the clown came out. pallets have been garbage since the clown, not to mention map redesigns etc have removed alot of pallets in general. there are many times where the pallet will push the killer back before stunning them as well now which is weird. it happens sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. i'm sure dedicated servers would alleviate some issues, but we need a fix in the mean time if they ever decide to give us dedicated servers, which would involve adding a vacuum back to the pallets in a sense.

i miss the vacuum dearly as both a killer and survivor simply because of the mindgames for both ends. it was fun to me and i understand times have changed but every patch is nerfs upon nerfs to the survivors with no repercussions on the killer side. map design and objective timings should be concentrated to achieve a better balance. worry about the emblem systems, new content etc later. we have a really good game here that has enough content to keep people interested. its a one of a kind gem, riddled with bugs to the brim with no dedicated servers, wonky mechanics at times and a poor foresight of what needs to be done with the game.

• friendlykillermain

@DukeJukem said:
    survivors need to be able to drop the pallet while running about 30-50% of the way through it instead of like 75-80% of the way like it is now. yes this would create a slight "vacuum" but killers get so many bs hits through pallets ever since they [BAD WORD] with them when the clown came out. pallets have been garbage since the clown, not to mention map redesigns etc have removed alot of pallets in general. there are many times where the pallet will push the killer back before stunning them as well now which is weird. it happens sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. i'm sure dedicated servers would alleviate some issues, but we need a fix in the mean time if they ever decide to give us dedicated servers, which would involve adding a vacuum back to the pallets in a sense.

i miss the vacuum dearly as both a killer and survivor simply because of the mindgames for both ends. it was fun to me and i understand times have changed but every patch is nerfs upon nerfs to the survivors with no repercussions on the killer side. map design and objective timings should be concentrated to achieve a better balance. worry about the emblem systems, new content etc later. we have a really good game here that has enough content to keep people interested. its a one of a kind gem, riddled with bugs to the brim with no dedicated servers, wonky mechanics at times and a poor foresight of what needs to be done with the game.

why do you want the vacuum it gave way too much of a distance when you got to a pallet the pallets are fine

• DukeJukem

why do you want the vacuum it gave way too much of a distance when you got to a pallet the pallets are fine

not the old vacuum mechanic where you could be like 2 steps completely outside of the pallet then vacuum yourself in. we need a new vacuum mechanic that wasn't as strong as the old one. when we run through pallets now we can't slam it down until like 80% of the way through it, the old way u could be like two steps completely outside of the pallet and vacuum in. what we need now is the ability to drop the pallet while running about 30-50% of the way through the pallet, while ending up on the safe side (slight vacuum, but nowhere near the old one). this would defeat some bs hits on pallets

• DukeJukem

the point is they need reworked...again........which is a scary thing to wish for with these devs

• friendlykillermain

@DukeJukem said:
    the point is they need reworked...again........which is a scary thing to wish for with these devs

pallets are fine though just dot look at them as a get out of jail free card anymore they are high risk high reward not low risk high reward

• DukeJukem

buff the > @friendlykillermain said:

@DukeJukem said:

pallets are fine though just dot look at them as a get out of jail free card anymore they are high risk high reward not low risk high reward

they are a get out of jail free card though if the killer makes a mistake. that's the point of their existense. vsing a good killer, a pallet is literally your only safe option. loops without pallets that have vaults aren't really a defense for survivors vsing a good killer or one who has bamboozle active. the enduring spirit fury combo is another thing in itself. the whole drop the pallet earlier mechanic doesn't really counter it if we can't throw the pallet very fast. we can't 360 a good killer to death. pallets are the main defense for survivors. everything else involves a pretty decent skill level if the killer is actually smart, or is running certain perk combinations

• friendlykillermain

@DukeJukem said:

@DukeJukem said:

they are a get out of jail free card though if the killer makes a mistake. that's the point of their existense. vsing a good killer, a pallet is literally your only safe option. loops without pallets that have vaults aren't really a defense for survivors vsing a good killer or one who has bamboozle active. the enduring spirit fury combo is another thing in itself. the whole drop the pallet earlier mechanic doesn't really counter it if we can't throw the pallet very fast. we can't 360 a good killer to death. pallets are the main defense for survivors. everything else involves a pretty decent skill level if the killer is actually smart, or is running certain perk combinations

your not supposed to last long in a chase though your supposed to stealth until you win not run around

• DukeJukem

@friendlykillermain said:

@DukeJukem said:

@DukeJukem said:

your not supposed to last long in a chase though your supposed to stealth until you win not run around

i'm not supposed to last long in a chase? i'm supposed the stealth? the devs have literally said the game was designed that way when first released on stream but now the game isn't played or designed around that mechanic anymore. so you're wrong basically.

• friendlykillermain

@DukeJukem said:

@friendlykillermain said:

@DukeJukem said:

@DukeJukem said:

i'm not supposed to last long in a chase? i'm supposed the stealth? the devs have literally said the game was designed that way when first released on stream but now the game isn't played or designed around that mechanic anymore. so you're wrong basically.

woah them fightin words first off dont ever tell someone they are WRONG that is rude and disrespectful please use other forms of sentences to get your point across lets make these forums more enjoyable

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    Vietfox said: Mk
    Malakir said:
    Vietfox said:
    Malakir said:
    1 - Not as many as local servers, that's why most games got dedicated servers. If you are playing a mp game and they let you to choose which one would you pick, local or dedicated? Gimme a break pls.
    2 - You can get lag spikes even with green ping, and not always because survivors internet.
    1 okay but they don't ha e establishments in every region right? so now imagine have a server at Amsterdam for example, who lives there have no lag but the rest of Eu would lag if its not strong enough which is pretty easy. You have to spend more money not just to maintain it but also check, maintenance, updates etc which also I expensive without counting rewrite the code of the net code. I'd like that too but its more complicated than you think and might not be worth it since some might experience a bad game for these problems. So "gimme a break please"

2- never happened unless you use wi fi. if the guy have green ping it just run smooth (fps apart)
  • DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    Some windows are in thin walls. I have tested this myself, and even when the survivor is standing on the other side of these thinner walls, I can hit them through the window if we are both right next to it. Again this only works on windows with thin walls. I have not had any luck anywhere else. 
  • Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

@Malakir said:

But that's not what the post is about...

To the OP: I think there should be some sort of survivor stun if there is going to be any change from just breaking the pallet.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    I wanted to find a more recent thread, but this’ll have to do. It’s really anticlimactic and unrealistic when the survivor is standing on the opposite side of the pallet with one hand on the pallet, but slides to the ground silently when the pallet is broken.

I certainly wish the chainsaw would prioritize the survivor when chainsawing a pallet, but both should not be broken simultaneously.
  • tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    White_Owl said:

Those pallets you say you vault but get hit are meant to be unsave. You have to be really careful when vulting them. I make sure I dont break those so I can get easy kills ^^
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    The only safe moment of pallet interaction should be when we are on the opposite side of a dropped one. Pallets really aren't wide enough to warrant a safe slide if they are that close.
  • White_Owl

@DemonDaddy said:
    The only safe moment of pallet interaction should be when we are on the opposite side of a dropped one. Pallets really aren't wide enough to warrant a safe slide if they are that close.

You know you can get downed just by standing still close the pallet while the killer cuts it from the other side?

• DemonDaddy
    @White_Owl
    Oh I know but that's not my playstyle anyways. I'm only saying logically a Killer's arms plus their weapon equals about the width of a pallet. Just seems weird that anyone using a pallet would consider themselves  safe at any point other than fully across. 
  • White_Owl
    edited December 2018

@DemonDaddy said:
    @White_Owl
    Oh I know but that's not my playstyle anyways. I'm only saying logically a Killer's arms plus their weapon equals about the width of a pallet. Just seems weird that anyone using a pallet would consider themselves  safe at any point other than fully across. 

Logically killers could just kick the pallet onto the survivor's back. But in the game pallets are the main mean of defense, especially since windows are very dangerous against chainsaws. Actually my main problem is that this feature looks very bad (no animation and no sound) and they added it to the Hillbilly, a killer that has already everything a killer could wish minus the ability to teleport. If it had proper animations and was a LF feature (who really need it, and has a "stronger" chainsaw that can cut multiple people in one sweep so it makes sense) I wouldn't even complain.

• DemonDaddy
    @White_Owl
    Mechanic wise pallets are just a barrier that can stun but mainly block passage. Being on top of a barrier offer the least amount coverage and demands that survivors better judge the distance they have. I remember Dev's mentioning the chainsaw but didn't know they only applied it to Billy. It should definitely get an animation to smooth it out as its a unique situation. 
  • AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685

@White_Owl said:

Help! I poorly timed a pallet drop or vault and got hit or downed, Pls nerf instead of me getting better at the game!

• AlexAnarchy

@White_Owl said:

@DemonDaddy said:

You know you can get downed just by standing still close the pallet while the killer cuts it from the other side?

get the heck away from the pallet then ever come too mind?

• Zaije
    Zaije Member Posts: 38
    Malakir said:
    How do you drop it earlier if you're vaulting over a dropped pallet? vAuLt SoOnEr? 
  • White_Owl

@AlexAnarchy said:

@White_Owl said:

Help! I poorly timed a pallet drop or vault and got hit or downed, Pls nerf instead of me getting better at the game!

Help! I poorly timed my chainsaw but luckily a bad mechanic compensates for me and allowed me to get a hit I would have never got a couple months ago!

• AlexAnarchy
    edited December 2018

@White_Owl said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

@White_Owl said:

Help! I poorly timed my chainsaw but luckily a bad mechanic compensates for me and allowed me to get a hit I would have never got a couple months ago!

If the chainsaw was gonna hit you or destory the pallet, either one going was not a poorly timed hit...facepalms Loses more faith in survivor mains ability to even think before negating ther own silly posts everyday.

• White_Owl
    edited December 2018

@AlexAnarchy said:

@White_Owl said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

@White_Owl said:

If the chainsaw was gonna hit you or destory the pallet, either one going was not a poorly timed hit...facepalms Loses more faith in survivor mains ability to even think before negating ther own silly posts everyday.

As I said in the op, most of the times you get hit when you're already on the other side, that's not good timing from the killer.
    And btw I play both roles favouring killer. And I hate when such mechanics dumb down playing killer.