Allow Survivors to Finish Skill Checks When Standing Up

Hi,

When you are working on a gen and need to stop to go help a teammate etc, its really frustrating when the skill check lines up exactly when you release your mouse button. I know its probably to do with the latency of when we release the button with the skill check trigger on the server.

I'd love to see the skill check animation continue if it triggers the moment you stand up and only blow the gen if you miss it rather than automatically failing it as it is now.

Thank you

Comments

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146

I think there should be no explosion between the warning sound and it showing on screen. Afterall the sound is merely a warning to let you know a skill check is going to show up, it's not actually the skill check itself.

• Clyxxy
    Clyxxy Member Posts: 13

This could cause problems, because people could just avoid every single skill check by releasing as soon as they hear the skill check sound. What are your thoughts on this?

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

I don't know when this started happening but it wasn't happening before.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146

They will lose those points and those that care about pipping, or bp in general, will not want to miss out on them. Yes, they are not that much per skill check but do contribute to your overall bp gain in the end. I don't think many would skip them.

However, 4th and 5th stack of huntress lullaby still causes explosions since the 4th is when the check appears and no warning on 5th. Also perks such as overcharge too should still explode since that warning is the same as 4th lullaby.

• voelkl
    voelkl Member Posts: 12

That's why I think the skill check should continue after you stand. that way you cant abuse it.