What is up with these maps!

Advorsus
Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033

Almost every single map is either Mount Ormond, yamoaka estate, or pale rose. I wouldn't mind them so much if they were A. Not so big B. Not so many ridiculous almost infinite loops and C. You could actually see scratch marks on those maps.

Like damn. It's already difficult to track on those maps, but then you have a window into another window, into a pallet into another pallet, into another window. It takes 5 minutes just to break the loop, and 5 minutes is 3 gens done, easily.

It means the only option is to break chase, get nothing out of it to go try and track another survivor, and then running into the same issue of near infinite loops on another tile. And the gens go so quickly now, one to two chases is the whole match. I can see why some killers camp and tunnel.

Even when I'm playing survivor, it's boring to just loop killers around the same tile for 5 gens. But I know I can do it and there's nothing they can do about it. Even if they use something like bamboozle, I just hold down that W key to the next time and that's it. That's the whole game.

Some maps it's balanced on, but when you get these maps where it's not balanced, with dozens of safe pallets and loops, and those are the only maps you're getting... It makes me want to just dodge and take the penalty over and over and over again.

Comments

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

It's based on luck as I keep getting shitwich

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    edited August 2021

I'm just tired of when the game does give me the same map multiple times in a row. Some maps I'll get once but then it'll be half a dozen or more games till I get that particular one again, while some other one just won't go away!

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,215

They seem to have over-corrected from the indoor map extravaganza of the last month or so. The maps never seem truly random. The Spotify shuffle of map selectors.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

I've been having the same thing. TONS of Swamp, Ormond, and Yamaoka.

I got a few RPDs, all from player offerings, which was hell. I've been wondering if the Game was disabled I haven't seen it in so long. I used a Mac Bone just to get a decent outdoor map for a change and I only ever use map offerings for the Balance Landing challenges.

• Advorsus

I think the game map was disabled for a while. But yeah I don't get indoor maps, ever. Just played another round on Ormond. The outdoor maps are just no fun. If I play survivor I know it's free wins, easily. If I'm killer, then I have to either be super sweaty and toxic, or lose. Like those are the only options. Especially if it's a SWF. And that's just not my playstyle, I don't enjoy it at all.

And it feels survivor is just faster than killers right now in all aspects. Like if I'm running in a straight line, even if it's a base movement killer, and they're running the same line, it takes them forever to catch up. Like just window vaulting and then holding W and I'm two tiles away already before they can even walk past the first tile.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I still haven't gotten Hawkins once since the announcement, wish I got Ormond as I do not mind it too much.

Had to play 2 Yamoaka Estate ones in a row as Trickster. One I got 3 hooks, no kill. The other I 4k'd in less than 5 minutes and got a message about how people like me ruin the game.

• Advorsus

I just don't like the large maps because of the gen and pallet ratios. There's always dozens of pallets, most are safe, or loops where the only way to stop the loop is the breakable wall. Well while you're breaking walls a survivor is already gone. And there's also more gens. One of the best ways to stop gen rushing is letting them 3 gen themselves. But with the extra generators it's pretty much impossible.

I had a match on swamp with Leatherface and got all of one hook in. Because even with speed add-ons and hugging the walls, you couldn't catch up with them on the loops and long walls. I also had an initial chase that lasted less than a minute as I hit him with my power, picked him up and hooked him, and then 3 gens popped. One green toolkit and one prove thyself and that's all it took.

• Advorsus

So I switched to my main which is doctor, got sent to Ormond, and had to get sweaty for just a 3k. Because even with my shock, the way the tiles are, you can't catch up to them after shocking.

• madradfox
    madradfox Member Posts: 190

Ive been getting Hawkins like there is no tomorrow. Worst stretch was 7 times in10 matches 2 days ago.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

Sometimes it feels like a map puddle more than a map pool.