Are you glad Hawkins is no more?

WishIcouldmain
WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

Yeah I am it’s not a problem that others will miss it but this map gave me so many bad times I’m happy it’s gone. One I think it looked ugly. Two poor gameplay a map where it was ideal a killer has to give up two gens. Majority pallets unsafe I’m quite sure unsafest pallet in the game upstairs. Few windows majority sucked also and the classical most interesting enjoying killers to face like Hillbilly and Huntress struggle on this map. Not to mention the gameplay of predrop and hold w was the way on this map which majority don’t like. It was unlikely to receive any good changes being tied to a license. And don’t give me the oh you wouldn’t like this map being removed. Yes that’s right and I have the right to enjoy and not enjoy certain things. If you celebrate Midwich being gone a map I like them fine. Just don’t say I shouldn’t enjoy or not enjoy certain things. So what do you guys feel?

Are you glad Hawkins is no more? 137 votes

Yes
21%
Yoshman2523Chocolate_CosmosSlaughterhouse3SaitoxEa[Deleted User]Critical_FishCleviteCornHublandromatCluelessbrubli[Deleted User]Guest1567432WishIcouldmainBasementDwellerThanotos_OmegaM1MASTERthog1gilgamer 30 votes
Indifferent
14%
White_Owl[Deleted User]Aven_FallenNymaasIcewhisperSebaOutbreakRobotfangirl67TatariuAwkward_FiendMadLordJackFobbodarwinsbrainaidsdotcomNathan13[Deleted User]VioletCrimesNoTerrorRadiusInspireLadybirdGarlicRice 20 votes
No
63%
FallenRanger0AdelooSeiko300kodiakyluvcraftMiriamGTapeKnotkaeruInnCognitoDr_TrautsHorrorcomicnerdSacrilegeGGNikkiwhatI_am_NeganTragicSolitudeJawsIsTheNextKillerzacktbhDito175coley_219musstang62 87 votes

Comments

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267
    No

If anything more need maps would be ideal. It's a shame we will lose a map, regardless if people liked it or not.

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052
    No

It's not my favorite map by any means, but it's a map I've gotten used to and I do enjoy.

I remember how funny it was the first time I learned how to make it onto the broken platform in the big room. It has the most satisfying drop in the game too on the 3rd floor.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited August 2021
    No

I think most people understand that a total deletion of the map is still an utter loss- regardless of your personal opinion on it. People like Scott Jund who are actually personally delighted that the map is going aren't actually as many as you'd think (from what I've seen). Dead By Daylight's core essence is about it's variety, it's about the amalgamation of stories and the cornucopia of horror settings that come together to create its own horror that's unique in its presentation. Even though I might not like every map I can tolerate playing on any of them simply because of the change in layout, scenery, atmosphere, tone, etc.

Which is a surprisingly mature perspective from the Dead By Daylight Community when you think about it- that even for a somewhat controversial map like Hawkins, people are still more somber than not about its removal, if not for themselves then for each other and those who did enjoy the map.

• Fobbo
    Fobbo Member Posts: 452
    Indifferent

Its not my favorite map but i will miss it

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360
    No

It looks unique and has a really wonderful atmosphere thanks to the upside-down effects and the sounds. It it had stayed then it could have been rebalanced (although I was happy with it).

• Critical_Fish
    Critical_Fish Member Posts: 615
    Yes

Ok, so Hawkins is a ######### map and is awful to play on. The first part is my opinion, the second is objective fact. Fight me.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702
    Indifferent

loved playing on it as survivor but for killer it feels more difficult. We went against a hillbilly last night who REALLY struggled on it.

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728
    Yes

Trash map but no where near as trash as RPD.

• LadyMatika
    LadyMatika Member Posts: 34

I can't remember which 1 was HAWKINS

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    No

The underground laboratory complex. The one who came with the Demogorgon, Nancy and Steve... the one from Stranger Things.

• LadyMatika
    LadyMatika Member Posts: 34

Oh snap yeah glad 2 see that go watch dc dbd will still have it

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309
    No

I don't like the map and find it boring as both killer and survivor, but I'd still prefer that it remained in the game.

• GamerEzra
    GamerEzra Member Posts: 941
    No

It's not my favorite map, but i don't think we should be happy to lose a map.

I think it's terrible to lose this map.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568
    No

This map sucks for most of my favorite killers but I don't like whole situation about Stranger Things license. And there still plenty of much worse maps in game so losing Hawkins doesn't feel good.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    No

No. I love how it looks, I dig it's layout and my favorite Killers benefit from it. Play both sides, tho I favor Killer, I've never been upset getting this Map as either side. Losing content also is never good.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015
    No

I disliked the map, but seeing how many people liked it...

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    No

It's not my favorite map, But it's pretty unique looking and I love the creepy/futuristic vibe from it. It's very sad to see it go.

• Thanotos_Omega
    Thanotos_Omega Member Posts: 100
    Yes

I hate all the interior maps so yes i'm glad this piece of anti fun trash is leaving, hopefully they all will one day and players can play the game without needing 20+ games on a map before even having a basic idea of it's layout,

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Yes

While I do hate to see us lose any content, I, individually , am happy to not have to play this map.

• NoTerrorRadius
    NoTerrorRadius Member Posts: 201
    Indifferent

This is a problem if it will not be replaced anytime soon. What will take the place of Hawkins?

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    Indifferent

I'm confident it will come back under a different skin.

• M1MASTER
    M1MASTER Member Posts: 352
    Yes

Not gonna miss Hawkins in the slightest. The only people who like Hawkins are either ultra casual players or killers who send you there to get easy wins.

Nothing of value is gonna be lost.

• thefallenloser
    thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,276
    No

I never liked Hawkins, but the fact that I won't be able to see it in game again makes me really sad, actually.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    No

Happy about bigger chance of Haddonfield? No! Plus I like Hawkins.

• IamVoiceOver
    IamVoiceOver Member Posts: 24
    No

It's a loss of an indoor map, something we need more of.

If DBD is supposed to be a horror game, we should be getting scared by the killers, not just sigh and start running when you can clearly see them.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209
    Yes

I've wanted it gone since I first played on it

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    No

Agree, except i'm a huge indoor maps fan and i'm so sad to see this one go as it's the most balance indoor map in the game :(

• ObscurityDragon
    ObscurityDragon Member Posts: 710
    No

One of the bzst and most balanced map, where the pallets arent too strong or weak

And where loops arent just à chain of unmindgamable pallets/jungle gym

Good totem spawns and sometimes hard to find

Great feeling overall

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Yes

Looks good, plays bad. Not quite as bad as RCPD but worth deleting.