DS Nerf?

New DS Idea.
Applies broken status effect for 100/110/120 seconds. Can't be used once all generators have been completed.

Prevents DC being used in a way Adrenaline is used for.

Comments

• MasonHugsCats
    MasonHugsCats Member Posts: 135
    @Mister_Holdout Same but they can't just remove a perk. It costs money to get the Myers DLC. Removing a perk and replacing it would be a betrayal to all the people who bought Laurie.
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    @Mister_Holdout Same but they can't just remove a perk. It costs money to get the Myers DLC. Removing a perk and replacing it would be a betrayal to all the people who bought Laurie.
    They can change it to anything. They've changed other perks and they're reworking freddy.

Besides I'd argue removing it is for the greater good. Leaving it in the game is a betrayal to all the people who have been shafted by such a broken perk.

I paid for the halloween dlc and I'd love to see DS removed. Hell I'd pay them again to do it.
  • Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Decisive strike empower your strikes against killers with greater force. Pallet stuns will inflict and additional 3 seconds stun. This ability has a cooldown of 40,45,50 seconds. This will help counter enduring and spirit fury combo and allow a survivour to gain some distance. At clutch moments to prolong chases.

This fits ds players playstyles perfectly allows you to loop more effectively which suits their playstyle. 
  • Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    edited December 2018

How about they totally change ds effect?
    Like they did for tinkerer.
    Or loosing a perk you use is only a killer "privilege"?

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@MasonHugsCats said:

That didnt stop them to nerf fredy into oblivion.

• The_Crusader
    Zarathos said:
    Decisive strike empower your strikes against killers with greater force. Pallet stuns will inflict and additional 3 seconds stun. This ability has a cooldown of 40,45,50 seconds. This will help counter enduring and spirit fury combo and allow a survivour to gain some distance. At clutch moments to prolong chases.

This fits ds players playstyles perfectly allows you to loop more effectively which suits their playstyle. 
    Lmao no thanks.
  • PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

@MasonHugsCats said:

They betrayed me and many other players when they nerfed Freddy into the ground.

• Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433

Just dont be crybaby, ds is tottaly fine
    What if we talk about noed ..? blood warden .. they are second chance perks and no one complains.

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758
    edited December 2018

@Arroz said:
    What if we talk about noed ..? blood warden .. they are second chance perks and no one complains.

Blood Warden is useless, NOED is useless if survivors cleanse totems, DS cannot be completely countered and is gonna be in a match literally up to 4 times which means up to 4 free escapes.

Killers have no perk that comes close to DS, we don't have a perk that just doublehooks a survivor once we put them on a hook, the only thing you can compare DS with is a mori.

• suchbeans
    suchbeans Member Posts: 18

you're stunned for like 3 seconds and you can turn around and one shot them again to the ground calm down lmao
    I play survivor and I don't use it since its not even that great, theres way better survivor perks out there

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

@suchbeans said:
    you're stunned for like 3 seconds and you can turn around and one shot them again to the ground calm down lmao
    I play survivor and I don't use it since its not even that great, theres way better survivor perks out there

You're not supposed to hide at their feet after a strike. XD

Weren't they going to make the perk hold the killer still for a bit? Honestly it'd be interesting if it added something additional to the chase like a slow effect/longer pause during pallet slams or distorted vision after that/flashlight for a bit (having something in your view can mess you up). It could work like adrenaline with a cool-down. The biggest issue is that the perk still needs to be useful and possibly with a similar affect. No one wants more useless perks (and if you do, why? .-.).

• Arroz

Ehm, tough? hallucinations of the doctor? unnerving presence? Ds has many perks that contradict him .. also the majority of survivors who use DS run the straight line and it is very easy to catch them back to the ground .. and most of them fail it lmao .. and if you can compare a blood warden with decisive strike both are second-chance perks .. that one at the end game does not mean it does not work/useless .. DS is totally fine .. besides as he said someone would be a scam, since most buy laurie by DS.
    So to stop crying just BREAK THE PALLET, use enduring, and dont be a crybaby killer :)

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@MhhBurgers said:
    Anybody who uses DS is unskilled, it's pretty much common sense among most of the playerbase that DS is broken and the Devs know it too but are too afraid of the backlash.

It boils down to this. The developers would never want to inconvenience their precious survivors out of fear that they'll lose their revenue cattle.

• The_Crusader

@Arroz said:

Blood Warden is useless, NOED is useless if survivors cleanse totems, DS cannot be completely countered and is gonna be in a match literally up to 4 times which means up to 4 free escapes.

Killers have no perk that comes close to DS, we don't have a perk that just doublehooks a survivor once we put them on a hook, the only thing you can compare DS with is a mori.

Not to mention how sometimes you can't even get them.

Everyone knows not to chase the obsession unless you just can't see anyone else. Plus you get situations where you're under pressure, you slug the obsession.....and then you just simply can't do anything with them. You can't hook them if there are no hooks nearby. You can't afford to take the time to take a stun. You have to leave them slugged so someone else has to pick them up, robbing you of a hook. You can pick them up but then when they strike out it's a free heal basically. Thats why many take unbreakable, because they know they'll get slugged.

The game shouldn't be like this. No perk should be able to do this.

Not to mention it enables toxicity. In fact I hate that perk as a survivor too because you'll always get some toxic clown in that game who is only there to piss off the killer. Then they go down, miss their DS and rage quit shafting every other survivor. 

What a toxic, cancerous perk. Same for object of obsession.
  • Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

@Dragonredking said:
    How about they totally change ds effect?
    Like they did for tinkerer.
    Or loosing a perk you use is only a killer "privilege"?

They changed Tinkerer because there were balancing problems with add-ons and powers of the killers

• Arroz

Lol, "decisive strike is toxic", is the counter to noed so the devs can not do anything;) also the dlc is expensive and all bought by laurie .. the solution is to throw them to the ground and grab them and thus avoid a ds ready?? So much trouble for a skill like that? or simple fails the skillcheck like most and already .. it is also a skill of 1 single use.
    Stop being a crybaby and get used to playing with DS as the survivors got used to noed.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

@The_Crusader said:
    MasonHugsCats said:

They can change it to anything. They've changed other perks and they're reworking freddy.

Besides I'd argue removing it is for the greater good. Leaving it in the game is a betrayal to all the people who have been shafted by such a broken perk.

I paid for the halloween dlc and I'd love to see DS removed. Hell I'd pay them again to do it.

They have changed a lot of perks, but things like Tinkerer and Deja Vu are free. A lot of people have ONLY spent money on the Halloween DLC for DS.

I agree it needs to be changed, but making it garbage will 100% have backlash.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

STBFL and BBQ are still strong, commonly used perks, and still function similarly to their original versions. DS is annoying so everyone is calling for it to basically be completely removed or nerfed to the point they never have to be concerned about it again. There's a big difference. I've never said it shouldn't be nerfed, but they have to do it carefully.

• The_Crusader
    Wolf is right. Killer perks get nerfed without a second thought.

Fact is there is already a backlash. The perk is broken. Its the devs responsibility to fix it. It should never have been put in the game in the first place. I still dont get how they didn't forsee the 2 years of problems when they were testing it.
  • MhhBurgers

@The_Crusader said:

Fact is there is already a backlash. The perk is broken. Its the devs responsibility to fix it. It should never have been put in the game in the first place. I still dont get how they didn't forsee the 2 years of problems when they were testing it.

Because many of the devs are what we would call potatoes in terms of skill, DS doesn't mean much when you go down merely 6 secs after the first one but put DS on a great looper and you'll lose the match.

• MhhBurgers

Also when was the last time I saw somebody use STBFL LoL, even the buffed perk gets nowhere near used as much as DS.

DS has no killer perk that does something similar, you'd have to put in a mori to counter the missed hook you get from DS.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@The_Crusader said:

They didn't see it, because their team of in house tester has a hard time hitting the skillcheck.
    So they thought the reward for it has to be stronger.
    That way it became a forcemultiplier.
    Less skilled player struggle to hit the check and gain nothing from the perk.
    Good player hit the check every time and get a lot from the perk.

• The_Crusader
    Wolf74 said:

@The_Crusader said:

They didn't see it, because their team of in house tester has a hard time hitting the skillcheck.

The thing is survivors are meant to be the weaker side due to being rhe more numerous side. Therefore their perks should be weaker, as there will be 4 people carrying perks.

But then if your perks are balanced, decent but not overpowered.....how do you sell DLC packs to people who mostly only play survivor?

They aren't going to shell out the cash for Aftercare, or Autodidact. Decisive strike and deliverance style perks though? Yeah that's more enticing.

It's a shame that the game will continue to be stuck with this problem. Perhaps if survivors had ubique attributes and were more than skins it could have been avoided.
  • brock
    brock Member Posts: 305

@MasonHugsCats said:

Tell that to people who bought the saw DLC and got surveillance as a perk.

• The_Trapper
    The_Trapper Member Posts: 186
    edited December 2018

Are these comments defending DS serious? I can't even tell.

Killers already have a hell of a time trying to stop 4 SWFs doing gen rush. That means every down is CRITICAL to getting 3 kills, since it's nearly impossible to get all 4 in high rank without a bit of luck.

To be blunt, survivors should not be given a second chance, DS is rarely anything but the highest rank when used, it allows survivors to then continue looping which makes the chase draw out even longer, games last like 5-7 minutes at best in high rank.

How would survivor's react if the killer had a perk that meant when they break free from a grasp, the Killer has a skill check to instantly down them again? They'd cry about it.

Also, blood warden and NOED is trash. NOED can be taken apart and it's a rookie killer perk at best. Blood warden is laughable, all the time's I have used blood warden, I might have managed to hook one survivor out of all the games I tried, it's trash, fact.

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

Why does the broken meter go up in time?

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@Wolf74 said:

@The_Crusader said:

How'd you get that profile picture?

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Arroz said:

First of all, if you nerfearan that can only be used at the end of the game would lose the essence of the movie
    And it stops being a cry and learns to play, and ds is part of the game .. and you're a little closed mind, we are talking about 2nd chance skills, I'm not interested if you use the latter are equal 2nd opportunity.. JUST EQUIP ENDURING WOAH

Laurie only strikes myers at the climax of the movie twice. Did you even watch Halloween? By your logic as freddy I should have omnipotent god powers and be able to teleport and use your fears to kill you. For instance when chasing bill I should have all the special infected powers from left 4 dead. But we don't do this because it would be broken. 

Also who the sam hill bought halloween dlc for lauries ds only. It also contains myers one of the best mid tier killers in the game who is by far the most beloved of all the killers in the game.

A single survivour perk should not warrant mass use if enduring on all killers in a lottery progression system. Besides enduring doesent counter ds unless they are in the open which any survivor worth their salt wont allow. 

Make it increase pallet stuns with a cooldown of 50 seconds. This would make it perfect for skillfully increasing the length of time a killers is in chase 
  • MasonHugsCats
    MasonHugsCats Member Posts: 135
    Arroz said:

• Jake_Parks_prince
    Jake_Parks_prince Member Posts: 218

So make it useless when its easy to counter? Gotcha

• tennmio
    tennmio Member Posts: 354

Are these comments defending DS serious? I can't even tell.

Killers already have a hell of a time trying to stop 4 SWFs doing gen rush. That means every down is CRITICAL to getting 3 kills, since it's nearly impossible to get all 4 in high rank without a bit of luck.

To be blunt, survivors should not be given a second chance, DS is rarely anything but the highest rank when used, it allows survivors to then continue looping which makes the chase draw out even longer, games last like 5-7 minutes at best in high rank.

How would survivor's react if the killer had a perk that meant when they break free from a grasp, the Killer has a skill check to instantly down them again? They'd cry about it.

Also, blood warden and NOED is trash. NOED can be taken apart and it's a rookie killer perk at best. Blood warden is laughable, all the time's I have used blood warden, I might have managed to hook one survivor out of all the games I tried, it's trash, fact.

I'm playing much more survivor and I'd be ok with a Perk for killers to hit an equally difficult skillcheck if the survivor wiggled free to instantly get them again once in game XD
    I bet no killer would ever use that perk over bbq and noed.
    It's not likely to ever wiggle off with the laughable amount of hooks anyway. Even with one hook gone and 2 ppl hanging there was no chance to even get near wiggling off. (And the killer was without any perks)

Funny how you say noed and bloodwarden are kind of useless. At least for noed I wonder how weak it's percieved for real as I barely see a killer not running it. I'd say it at least 80% having that perk.
    Bloodwarden sure isn't used as much I barely ever encounter anyone having that perk. 

I don't like those perks btw and never use them not noed or bloodwarden as killer nor ds as survivor.
    Ds because I've seen that most ppl running it fail the skillcheck and even if not the chase after using it is nearly always short. Seems kind of useless to use a perkslot for an possible extra 10 sec of a  chase.

I only saw it two times that a survivor could (after a lil chase) avoid being hooked after using ds. As I said it's usually a chase of 10 more seconds or less, so I can't see the problem there.

I'd like to add that ds users don't get to use it due to being dribbled to the hook as well. So it's not too many that even get a chance to use thrir perk at all.

I'm playing on ps4 in the red ranks. But I can imagine it being an annyoing perk when good players rank down on purpose and bully rank 15 killers.

• waffles4all
    waffles4all Member Posts: 40

@MhhBurgers said:

DS has no killer perk that does something similar, you'd have to put in a mori to counter the missed hook you get from DS.

All DS does is extend the chase time, that's it. Killers can shorten chase time by insta downing with michael, leatherface, hillbilly, exposed status.....