The Pig's traps should be nerfed

Options
jajay119
jajay119 Member Posts: 877
edited August 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

The Pig is one killer who I absolutely cannot stand going against as I find every encounter quite a chore. I do feel she is quite OP given she has stealth, a lunge attack and the traps.

I could cope with the stealth and lunge attacks as they are not to different from Ghostface or Michael but it's the traps that really break the experience for me.

I don't want the traps removed as they're what sets her apart but it's the need to run to run to multiple 'removal points' with no real way of knowing which one will work that gets to me. Not only does it detract from doing the objectives (which is the point, I realise this) but it makes it easier for the Pig to find and hook you (again) as you cannot remain stealthy when trying to remove them.

The traps need to be nerfed by either:

1/ Getting removed on the first 'removal point' you get to.

2/ The necessary removal point is highlighted in white on the map like the alarm clocks when going against Freddy, the cleanse points for the Plague etc.

3/ making it so you cannot be hooked immediately after the pig uses a trap and doing something to move you away from the killer like how Pyramid Heads trap moves you to the furthest point on the map. However the timer is reduced and if you don't get it off in time it reduces your health state by 1 rather than insta-kill.

This would protect the purpose of the traps to add time to the match by stopping the primary objective but be a bit more balanced in like with a killer who is already quite powerful.

Comments

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,053
    Options

Pig should be looked at by the devs, her RBTs are really inconsistent, which means that her power level varies due to the RNG of the RBTs.

Your suggested changes would make the Pig even worse than what she is now, the first suggestion wouldn't buy her any time, making the RBTs pretty much useless.

The second suggestion would buy her a tiny bit of time, but then she could just guess correctly and camp the Jigsaw Box for a guaranteed kill, which I guess wasn't what you wanted. At least now if she doesn't pay attention, she only has 1 in 4 chance of guessing correctly, with your suggestion she could just determinate the furthest box away from the Survivor, which shouldn't be really that hard.

If the RBTs couldn't kill the Survivors, why should they care to take them off in the first place? Most Survivors play injured, so just getting one health state isn't a big deal at all. But when I think about it, this could be even worse than now if it's able to down Survivors, also mostly depending on the timer reduction, that decides if the RBTs would be useless or overpowered.

Also just some additional information about her other abilities, which are pretty much meh in my opinion.

Her ambush attack can basically only be used at short loops, which can be mindgamed without it anyways.

Her stealth is actually the worst stealth ability in the game compared to all other stealth killers.

Her add-ons are also pretty out dated, a small add-on pass wouldn't hurt.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

Yeah she does seem pretty strong to newbies, I guess she needs to be nerfed then.

• DarkMagik
    DarkMagik Member Posts: 822
    Options

No

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,117
    Options

Honestly, the pig's design is deeply flawed. The RBTs are just terrible due to their RNG nature, and without them, she's just a worse Wraith.

I want buffs to her ambush.

• Sadsnacks
    Sadsnacks Member Posts: 677
    Options

Her RBTs are poorly designed by the fact of how easy it is to cheese survivors with them.

Most pigs dont camp the boxes or tunnel survivors with rbts on but those that do really amplify the flaws in their design.

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 932
    Options

Play the killer first is not even a good killer

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited August 2021
    Options

All your solutions would make RBTs extremely useless.

you cannot remain stealthy when trying to remove them.

You see, the problem is this. You can. I see so many survivors just mindlessly go to the nearest box, without worrying about the killer or in general what is happening around them. You just need to not do that.

• truegod_10
    truegod_10 Member Posts: 393
    Options

Pig needs to be changed by removing rng to make it so you only get the trap off at the third box (or fourth with add-ons) everytime. This would actually buff her in some aspects, while removing her ability to camp out a single box.

Pig is already one of the weakest 3-4 killers in the game. Her stealth is only ok and makes her too slow to act like ghostface or myers, and her lunge is alright but not useable at a lot of loops. She needs the traps for slowdown to even be partially viable. Nerfing those would make her a joke.

• Holylock
    Holylock Member Posts: 82
    Options

it's amazing how there are still people who want to nerf the pig

• coaltrain503
    coaltrain503 Member Posts: 87
    Options

Yes. Let's nerf the weakest killer in the game. There are bigger problems for the devs to think about in terms of balance, but sure. Nerf the weakest killer in the game. While they're at it, they should consider nerfing Trapper and buffing Spirit.

• TerrorUnleashed
    TerrorUnleashed Member Posts: 497
    Options

This is a post I hope is only ephemerally irritating. Nerf Pig? Pig is amongst the weakest Killers in the game; she's 100% RNG-based, luck dependent, and her power is only good in SELECT situations. More often than not, you'll be relying on being stealthy and unleashing your ambushes, trying to cycle through hooks, as opposed to affixing a trap to a Survivor's head. The fact that you are complaining about every aspect of her, and the fact that you're especially sooky about the tremendously flawed elements of her kit, says a lot about you. It means you've never played her. Worse yet; you've never seen gameplay of her. Or, enough to compensate for your shallow opinions.

Thing is, Pig, just like many other Killers -- we'll scratch Trickster out of this for now, because I'm just plain sick of hearing all those complaints -- is in a horrible place right now.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250
    Options

Wrong direction, Amanda needs a buff.

Her whole kit needs to be looked at and reworked. Her RBT are way to rng (not fun for anyone), her couch time is painfully slow, and her lunge is the worst! She lets out a massive growl before she does. What stealth?

• jajay119
    edited August 2021
    Options

I complained about one aspect. One. I said the rest was fine and was suggesting one tweak out of a suggested list to make her more bearable because when I play against her, which I have many times, these are the common things I notice. Kindly get off your high horse and stop being so sanctimonious.

• ARTRA
    ARTRA Member Posts: 894
    edited August 2021
    Options

Sorry, but in any case she needs a buff, Pig is bottom tier.

You have limited bear traps with RNG because you dont know how many time do you have until they remove that, so you dont have "full control" of your power.

Stealth, yes, but crouch, enjoy the view of grass, other stealth killers can lurk stealthy and look around.

• jajay119
    Options

Well given the posts here people seem to have a better understanding of it than me so I guess I'll concede she doesn't need a nerf on the traps.

• R1ch4rd_N1x0n
    R1ch4rd_N1x0n Member Posts: 1,731
    Options

The Pig overall is a weak killer, however, her traps do make it incredibly easy to tunnel someone, as it prevents them from escaping through a gate, and you can even moonwalk on them to chase them while their trap ticks down. And if you're really desperate, you can bodyblock the last Jigsaw box, guaranteeing the death of that Survivor. I think The Pig needs a complete rework, which would mostly be a buff, but also makes her traps less tunnel-oriented and more fair for Survivors.

• Saviorace
    Saviorace Member Posts: 60
    Options

The only real op thing about piggy is when you end up on rpd it midwhich and it takes a dick century to get to the boxes. I'm very sure that if you tried to get to all four boxes on rpd the timer would expire before you make it to the fourth one

• Sackboy123
    Sackboy123 Member Posts: 465
    Options

I don't think she needs a nerf but more of a rework. Try playing against Pig on RPD and it's just not fun, it's impossible to search all the boxes in time if RNG is against you. I feel like her power needs a rework so it's less RNG but more deadly. So you can't just sit on a gen when it's deactivated

• Sypherpathic
    Sypherpathic Member Posts: 488
    Options

HOLY ######### a person on the internet actually convinced of something???

I notice that a lot of people panic on the traps and don't realize that they're triggered by completed gens, so they can for sure work on a gen or maybe two on their way to the boxes to clear the trap.

In addition, watch the timer on your portrait, don't get panicked by the beeping. It starts to beep really fast when you've still got like 3/4 of the timer left.

Also, if you get one put on after all 5 gens, you can ignore it. If it's not actively beeping, you can walk out the gate or take the hatch no problem.

EDIT: Oh, all that being said, I've died twice to these in recent weeks. In both cases it's because I either stopped working on mine to let another survivor at the box that had a more advanced timer or I couldn't get to the box because someone else was using it and I exploded next to the box in exasperation.

• jajay119
    Options

This was my thoughts. Plus on smaller maps it can be hard as the speedy nature in which you need to get to the traps makes it easy for the killer to get to you. I just feel there needs to be more consistency which is why I suggested either knowing which box you need to go to, which is only like using the cleanse stations for Plague or Alarms for Freddy etc. People seem to think she is a really bad killer but as someone who has gone against her often as a survivor she feels very oppressive. I'd rather go against wraith than her.

• Lord_Tony
    Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109
    Options

you do know those memes calling for pig nerfs were ironic, right?

No one wants pig nerfed again

• Tekno_Badger
    Tekno_Badger Member Posts: 526
    Options

You must be joking. Pig is one of the weakest killers in the game. Her Ambush is nearly useless, her stealth movement is incredibly slow and the sheath sound gives her away anyway, and the traps are heavily RNG-reliant. If you can loop even decently she struggles