The Shape Rework Idea

Options
oinkzoink
oinkzoink Member Posts: 8
edited August 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Something I've been considering as an addition to Myer's base kit is a form of teleportation. similar to Jason's teleport from F13, but can only teleport to locations out of a survivors line of sight and cannot teleport while a survivor is looking at him, like Ghostface. This would of course have a rather long cooldown since its just a secondary ability to assist in stalking from unexpected angles and ambush attacks. this ability would also not work while in Tier 3 or in chase. Thoughts?

Comments

• oinkzoink
    oinkzoink Member Posts: 8
    Options

Maybe instead of not working in chase, he can't use it while a survivor is within his terror radius. this would actually give a use to the perk furtive chase.

• UncleStabby
    UncleStabby Member Posts: 837
    edited August 2021
    Options

This would not be a very welcome change. Im a huge lover of DbD Meyers gameplay, but I don't believe that adding a supernatural ability to a character who's fear factor comes from how human he is as opposed to ghosts and ghouls would do him justice, and just pass him over into his sequels' territory. I get what you're saying but I think he's fine where he is.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,280
    Options

I was thinking of giving Myers more of Jasons Shift ability. I made a rework for him myself quite some time ago.

If youre interested here it is: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/263373/my-attempt-at-a-myers-rework

• thefallenloser
    thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

While I agree, this is a strange point considering that Myers is thought to be able to teleport by other characters in the movies and is especially inhuman.

• Tekno_Badger
    Tekno_Badger Member Posts: 526
    Options

I think he just needs some faster stalking, especially in Tier 1, have the meter update more accurately, and buff his action speeds (stun recovery, kicking, vaulting, etc.) in Tier 3.

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985
    Options

I would like him to have the ability to teleport, thus to stalk from different angles without the survivor grasping where he has gone and in what area he is, as in Halloween, something very characteristic of him. Myers is an example to follow if they want to bring Jason to Dead by Daylight.