Is something wrong with the Doctor?

LCGaster
LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
edited December 2018 in General Discussions

So, I was playing on Xbox the other day and went against a Doctor, it was going fine but then I noticed something. When survivors screamed I couldn't see the bubbles indicating where they were. Is this intentional or a bug?

Best Answer

Answers

• AntiJelly
    AntiJelly Member Posts: 1,155

@LCGaster said:
    So, I was playing on Xbox the other day and went against a Doctor, it was going fine but then I noticed something. When survivors screamed I couldn't see the bubbles indicating where they were. Is this intentional or a bug?

Judging by everything else going wrong, I presume it's a bug.

• aarongai
    aarongai Member Posts: 155
    Doctor isn't showing screams on PC either. I thought it was an undocumented buff since Doctor can see the scream bubbles but Survivors can't. Maybe it's a bug.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@LCGaster said:

Thats a bug for ages now. But its a killer problem. so ya know......

• Unnamed_Freak
    Unnamed_Freak Member Posts: 570
    edited December 2018

@Master said:

It will take eight months to solve.

Post edited by Unnamed_Freak on
  • SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

I just played a game with him on PS4 and had no problems. Maybe it's just an Xbox and PC problem?

• LCGaster

@Gay Myers (Luzi) said:
    Hey! I just asked QA and it's a bug. They're aware of it and taking care of it, no ETA though.

Aye, thanks

• Noxerias
    Noxerias Member Posts: 93

I just played a game with him on PS4 and had no problems. Maybe it's just an Xbox and PC problem?

It's happening on ps4 as well. Honesty, I find it makes the doctor more terrifying when you hear survivors scream but can't see there location. I rather this stay if it's a bug!
  • SnakeSound222
    edited December 2018

@Noxerias said:
    SnakeSound222 said:

It's happening on ps4 as well. Honesty, I find it makes the doctor more terrifying when you hear survivors scream but can't see there location. I rather this stay if it's a bug!

It must be random then.

How would that make him scarier? Removing this from Doctor seems like a big nerf to his tracking ability (which is his main purpose, he's an anti-stealth Killer for a reason).

• LCGaster

It must be random then.

How would that make him scarier? Removing this from Doctor seems like a big nerf to his tracking ability (which is his main purpose, he's an anti-stealth Killer for a reason).

No, boy, you misunderstood. As a survivor you don't see the "bubbles", playing as the Doctor you still see them
  • Noxerias
    Noxerias Member Posts: 93
    LCGaster said:

It must be random then.

No, boy, you misunderstood. As a survivor you don't see the "bubbles", playing as the Doctor you still see them
    Excatly!
  • SnakeSound222
    LCGaster said:

It must be random then.

You’re right lol. I missed the part where you said against a Doctor. Oops.