Disturbed by the music in-game.

Obligatory am I the only one? It maybe after the recent patch, but the darn music keeps drowning everything else away when I'm injured or dying. Getting healed by someone and can't even hear the terror radius until I see the red stain. I can understand the increasing gen sounds (which also often interferes with other more urgent sounds) but the injured one is unbearable. Is there something I can do with my audio settings (in Windows) to affect this?

Comments

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Yes it's far too loud. I can't hear a Huntress winding up a hatchet or a leatherface using his chainsaw (50% of the time for them though but it's still bad)

• aarongai
    aarongai Member Posts: 155
    I agree. The music while injured is Really annoying. Even if I'd rather not heal, sometimes I do just to get rid of the damn music so I can hear ######### again.

Also a reason I hate playing No Mither, the music plays the whole game and you can never get rid of it.
  • xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816

@Poweas said:
    Yes it's far too loud. I can't hear a Huntress winding up a hatchet or a leatherface using his chainsaw (50% of the time for them though but it's still bad)

In settings you can turn down the music and leave the special effects volume up! I hope that helps with your issue.

• aarongai
    aarongai Member Posts: 155

@xmenfanatic said:
    In settings you can turn down the music and leave the special effects volume up! I hope that helps with your issue.

The only music related option in the menu is Menu Music, not in-game music.

• Poweas

@xmenfanatic said:

@Poweas said:

Wow thanks mate. I'll do that later.

• touchpadgamer
    touchpadgamer Member Posts: 24

Audio levels have been whack since the engine update in 2.4.0. Devs know this and are working on recalibrating things.

And apparently getting rid of the music for No Mither is actually pretty complicated code-wise so not sure if that's gunna happen... :/

• xmenfanatic

@aarongai said:

@xmenfanatic said:

Oh booger’s, I thought I noticed it effecting in game music but I was totally wrong there.

@Poweas said:

@xmenfanatic said:

@Poweas said:

Naw upon checking myself as well I saw it said Menu Music. Sorry dude.

• Poweas

@xmenfanatic said:

@aarongai said:

@xmenfanatic said:

Oh booger’s, I thought I noticed it effecting in game music but I was totally wrong there.

@Poweas said:

@xmenfanatic said:

@Poweas said:

Naw upon checking myself as well I saw it said Menu Music. Sorry dude.

Darn.

• xmenfanatic

It would be cool if music could be turned off and you could just listen to the sound effects. Crickets or howling wind, rustling corn stalks, and heavy rain, etc.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238

@xmenfanatic said:
    It would be cool if music could be turned off and you could just listen to the sound effects. Crickets or howling wind, rustling corn stalks, and heavy rain, etc.

and then you blasted by the menu music after a trial and go deaf because the sound effects haven been lowered yet again by an engine update.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Poweas said:

Really? Maybe huntress is playable now :smile:

• Poweas

@Master said:

@Poweas said:

Really? Maybe huntress is playable now :smile:

She was always playable ^^ I realised that a few weeks ago when I started playing her a little. I regret calling her weak.