Simple Question - Yes or No - Do you think NOED is fine?

Options
13»

Comments

• Facture
    Facture Member Posts: 284
    Options

Perfect, if the speed bonus is insignificant then you won't miss it if it is removed.

• BabuDweet
    BabuDweet Member Posts: 556
    Options

no.

I play both sides, still my answer is no.

• DeliciousFood
    DeliciousFood Member Posts: 464
    Options

No. It's almost impossible to prevent as a solo if the killer has functioning neurons. And killers that get value out of it against solos are at the wrong rank, but will be kept there because of it. Gimmick expose/endgame builds not included.

100% convinced matchmaking is partially skewed because of NOED, which leads to more killers feeling 'stressed'.

• Mechanix82
    Mechanix82 Member Posts: 184
    Options

Yes its fine. Usually if a killer is running NOED its because they are having trouble getting hooks, kills. So if they get someone with NOED at the end you have a choice leave or stay and find the totem. Either way it make a dynamic choice at egc that i think is welcomed.

• Danyonetta
    Danyonetta Member Posts: 98
    Options

Yes !

• venomz12
    venomz12 Member Posts: 46
    Options

No.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,431
    Options

I initially thought no, when I got more experienced I thought yes, now I think no again.

So, no.

• PalletsAndHooks
    PalletsAndHooks Member Posts: 989
    Options

Yes

• VikingWilson
    VikingWilson Member Posts: 789
    Options

Sure, I really don't mind it; it does add to the intensity.

• PigEmpress
    PigEmpress Member Posts: 79
    Options

No

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,667
    Options

Thanks for all the replies so far :)

• Bearded_Owl
    Bearded_Owl Member Posts: 60
    Options

Yes.

Just do bones!

• meowzilla69
    meowzilla69 Member Posts: 408
    Options

noed imo needs to be removed from the game. It’s the definition of the crutch perk

• Dwigtht
    Dwigtht Member Posts: 462
    Options

Yes

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 932
    edited August 2021
    Options

Yes is fine just is not that hard to do totems

• Iliketoplaykiller
    Iliketoplaykiller Member Posts: 352
    Options

yes

• OhAnotherKai
    OhAnotherKai Member Posts: 24
    Options

No

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,895
    Options

Funny survivors have to be bad, when NOED is RNG and the more totems you cleanse, the harder NOED is to find if it still triggers.

And no, I've faced plenty of high tier survivors who end up getting demolished by a hex perk, because they either underestimated the effect.

Also, no, the obsession is no longer created, and any obsession perk/addon created an obsession(STBFL, Furtive Chase, PWYF, Mettle of Man, Myers' addon, Wedding Ring, Blood Pact, For The People). DS was simply the most common perk to create one. Once they changed DS to the point where some players didnt care to run it anymore, there was no more obsession, leading to killers tunneling survivors out since there was no DS.

So it doesnt matter what the tutorial teaches. Totems are a side objective. In fact, chests are arguably more important to survivors as a side objective.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

Yep

• pizzavessel15
    pizzavessel15 Member Posts: 534
    Options

yes. its honestly counterable especially with perks that help with totems. it normally would end up spawning in the open or by a survivor which is why a lot of the time it gets popped within 30 seconds of activating. Also noed most of the time secures at least one kill (if the survivors don't gather up trying to body block or something). its counterable and fine but extremely annoying.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

No

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,902
    Options

Nope

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,087
    Options

yes.

(if a killer can't down and hook you guys before the 5th gen, why can he do it now with only a speed boost and an insta down?)

• Cvz
    Cvz Member Posts: 12
    Options

yes

• aperoni
    aperoni Member Posts: 23
    edited August 2021
    Options

No, absolutely not. Even as someone who plays equally Killer and Survivor, and even as someone who catches themselves going "Damn, if I had NOED right now that'd be so good" when getting genrushed by a 4-man. But I never use NOED anymore because it completely removes the learning curve of balancing gen pressure and chases. It's something I'm getting a lot better at. Using Pop, Ruin-Undying, Brutal Strength. Helps a lot.

Whenever I use NOED as killer it just feels dirty because I know how it feels as survivor. Whether you got "genrushed" or not, they still worked together to coordinate and do the generators, just for them to die at the last moment and get sometimes camped on hook with all of their teammates leaving because they don't want to get downed. It doesn't even help. It's just scummy. It doesn't add anything towards your pip progress because unless you get a good amount of gen-pressure and hooks in, you won't pip and you won't get max Bloodpoints.

All it does is piss people off. I only ever use NOED when I'm purposefully letting survivors do generators so I can try to pull a funny Blood Warden play or a funny Insidious play. I understand stuff like that, but being a terrible killer all game, having a survivor run you for 5 gens only for them to get hit due to unluckiness of being in a dead zone, then just dying. It sucks.

A rework that I'd suggest was getting a token each time you hook a different survivor up to 4 tokens, a bit like No Way Out, extends the duration of the Exposed status effect. A bit like Haunted Grounds, but with the ability to last much longer. Or whoever you've hooked at least once is Exposed.

But yeah, don't take it like I'm an entitled survivor main. I'm green - pushing purple ranks survivors and I'm the exact same on Killer.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

Yes

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169
    Options

Ranks don't mean anything, facing high ranks doesn't mean facing good players. A simple SWF bypasses matchmaking, it can have a mix of skill in SWF and the SWF has good chances of surviving and climb ranks without actually deserving it because they are an SWF, doesn't mean they are good individually, it means the SWF mechanic gave them a big help, you're more inclcined to help someone who is in an SWF with you than you helping a random, this means you're more likely to get two average players to seem better than they are. Any smart Survivor should cleanse a totem if they see one. That's the intent of the Totems, just because you can't see that it's an Hex Totem doesn't mean you should ignore it. And yes the Tutorial is important it's where you learn how to play, if the game does a poor job at teaching you then you won't know what you're supposed to be doing and what consequences are for not doing it. There's simply no reason to not cleanse Totems. You wasted a few seconds? That's nothing compared to having to chase the same person 3 times and then travel to hook 3 times. The time it takes to break a Totem is meaningless to Survivors.

Chests are definetly not more important. What importance does a chest have against any Hex perk? You're better off destroying a Hex or a Dull Totem than you are going for chests, unless ofc you wanna exploit buggs like when everyone could get keys with no effort.

Yeah having no Obsession did lead to tunneling that's exactly why they added the Obsession in every match regardless of perks, that way people can't immediatly tell on either side if there are Obsession perks in play or not, it's a disadvantage on both sides but regardless tunneling still happens and will still happen until they change the game so that Tunneling isn't a thought in killer players minds.

The point is the game is at fault for not properly teaching Survivors and Killers about the existing Mechanics. The Game is so focused on Gen/Escape and Kill that it doesn't give everything else a chance. There's no teaching about looping, about using each killers power, about this, about that, etc. The only way to learn those things is in KYF. We finally got Bot Matches but it's such a limited thing still, we can't choose killer, builds, survivor, Either add bots to KYF or Expand Bot Matches.

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,576
    Options

In regular gameplay, it's fine.

In face-camping bubba gameplay, it is not.

Overall, I think the perk is obsolete and could be removed, except for end game builds, which would be to weak then. So if the end game would be buffed in some other way (e.g. degressing gates, builtin or as a perk), I guess Noed could be safely removed.

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 686
    Options

Yes

At the end of the day if Survivors gen rush and don't worry about totems than they are accepting the risk. If a Killer is providing good pressure and keeps Survivors off the totems they are protecting their Hex.

Survivors also have THREE perks that work well with each other or do a good enough job solo to help them find and destroy totems (the best arguably is also free to all Survivors)

And to the good ol "rewards Killer failure", I'll once again do the fan favorite gen protection is not a Killers job. Just cause gens got completed doesn't mean the game is over.

Now it is annoying, I've ran into 2 today at high ranks, but those were also games where we rushed gens like no tomorrow (though I will note even when rushing someone cleansed a hec totem and I cleansed three dull, and the NOED was in the open so that was gone) but as always not every game is a victory. Thats why I measure my games by challenge progress

• Wedeguy
    Wedeguy Member Posts: 278
    Options

No